Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 16:12   #2851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
It carries a lot. Mine carries ...
wow! you carry around a small shop with you!

is this thing weather proof?

also, anybody know any genuine sellers of Canon accessories in Bangalore? i'm really tired of ppl telling it will come next week, the week after that and so on. it never comes! i'm looking for the following:
- Canon Wireless Remote Control RC1
- Canon Remote Switch RS60 E3
- Canon 200DG Digital Camera Gadget Bag (Black)
- Lens cleaning kit
- 58mm UV filters
Old 21st January 2010, 18:23   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
also, anybody know any genuine sellers of Canon accessories in Bangalore? i'm really tired of ppl telling it will come next week, the week after that and so on. it never comes!
I'm fuming about Canon not opening lounge in Madras.
Aren't you lucky you are in B'lore and have access to Canon lounge?
Canon Image Lounge
No 135, Ground Floor
Brigade Towers
Brigade Road
Bangalore - 560025
Contact No: 080-40079445 (Direct)
Old 21st January 2010, 18:45   #2853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

also, anybody know any genuine sellers of Canon accessories in Bangalore? i'm really tired of ppl telling it will come next week, the week after that and so on. it never comes! i'm looking for the following:
- Canon Wireless Remote Control RC1
- Canon Remote Switch RS60 E3
- Canon 200DG Digital Camera Gadget Bag (Black)
- Lens cleaning kit
- 58mm UV filters
For most of the stuff you need, there are better and cheaper alternatives available. Its good to stick with canon for lenses (if you have the budget) but for filters, cleaning kits (don't know if there is a canon cleaning kit), bags etc. you can definitely check out other reputable brands.
I am using a Lowepro bag, Hoya filters, Opteka remote for my camera and I am definitely not missing Canon accessories.

Last edited by robimahanta : 21st January 2010 at 18:48.
Old 21st January 2010, 19:01   #2854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It carries a lot. Mine carries a 40D with BG2EN and 17-55 attached, 70-200/2.8, 420EX flash unit, 100/2, 28/1.8, 50/1.4, 14/2.8 or 16-35/2.8, hoods for all lenses, in the main section.

The top section has a Canon HF10 video camera, a Canon S90, Epson P5000 (80GB) hard disk, chargers for the S90 and HF10, and manuals.

One side pocket carries 10 charged AA batteries, 4 BP511A batteries, the other pocket carries SD and CF memory cards.

If I omit the 70-200 and rearrage things I can stuff a small netbook in.
You have a mini studio in there

Quote:

It comes with a yellow weatherproof cover which can be put on if it rains.
Old 21st January 2010, 20:46   #2855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Some sellers even agree on marking the item as a GIFT PACKAGE so that you wouldn't end up paying duty.
Product in discussion: Nikon 35mm 1.8 G AF-S DX
I am getting a pricing of $251 including $51 UPS courier from Adorama. Its cheaper than the bangalore price of 14k (with warranty). Not much difference on the grey price (13k). Now if I get someone who is travelling, I save on the shipping (total=9.2k). Gift option is seen on adorama, so I am not sure about the 'duty' yet. It gives option to seperate the invoice to a different address.

Now, I should make up my mind:
1) get from grey here (13k)
2) get through someone coming from US (9.2k)
3) get it shipped from adorama (11.5k)
Old 21st January 2010, 23:11   #2856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
I'm fuming about Canon not opening lounge in Madras.
Aren't you lucky you are in B'lore and have access to Canon lounge?
Canon Image Lounge
No 135, Ground Floor
Brigade Towers
Brigade Road
Bangalore - 560025
Contact No: 080-40079445 (Direct)
thank you for that piece of information. i was aware of the Canon Lounge. they don't sell the products, they would just direct you to the dealer. that's when i get those "next week" responses.
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:24   #2857
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yup when I go to my son's school events with this bag and a couple of tripods in tow they call me Rambo.

No it is not weather proof. the design for the quick open zippers makes it not even fully dust proof. Do not use this bag in a sandstorm or rain. It does have a rain hood that works for light rain.

I did carry this bag in very messy envrioments (hiking trail) but
a) individually wrapped each lens in a zip lock bag
b) wrapped my body-lens-battterypack combo in clingwrap leaving only he UV filter end of my lens open.
c) store the HF10, SD870 (now replaced by the S90) etc.. in individual bags inside the top compartment

The reason i used this bag is that I could access the body-lens combo without puttting the bag down. Only the LowePro Fastpack 350 and Tamrac Aero 3385 compare. I did compare the Kata to these 2 bags but found the Kata to offer more shock protection (the LowePro was the worst) and the Kata was also the best organised. Besides the Kata is the only one of the 3 to allow left shouldered and right shouldered sling at the expense of the water bottle holder.
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:27   #2858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
I am looking for a decent 58mm circular polarising filter. Request the gurus here for any suggestion/leads from their experience.

Budget: upto 65-70$ USD
Lens: Canon 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS & 50mm 1.8
Body: 450D
No Guru but---
1. you may want to check out Tiffen. i would suggest you get a 77mm and get step down rings. that way the filter would still be useful if you change your lense to say a 17-40 or a 16-35. (talking from experience coz i got a tiffen for the 18-55 but now have no use for it since i changed lenses to 17-40).
2. another option although may be slightly expensive could be cokin's.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:46   #2859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup when I go to my son's school events with this bag and a couple of tripods in tow they call me Rambo.
lol!

Quote:
The reason i used this bag is that I could access the body-lens combo without puttting the bag down. Only the LowePro Fastpack 350 and Tamrac Aero 3385 compare...
thanks for all the information navin. i was thinking getting a 200DG from Canon, but the Kata sounds better. accessibility is one of the key factors i'm looking for as i shoot anything of interest, either with my SLR or my Handycam
Old 24th January 2010, 05:33   #2860
Senior - BHPian

at the entire DSLR Team, if a novice joins/enters the dslr team, can you help by pointing to a tutorial / how to get the best of the dslr / and what the diff modes (P/Tv/Av etc) mean, and when to use these modes?
Old 24th January 2010, 09:13   #2861
Team-BHP Support

govigov, what you really need for dSLR is understanding of photography. That you can learn even with an advanced P&S camera that allows manual control.

It is better done with books like John Shaw's Nature Photography Field Guide. Damn, I need to buy that again, just to re-read and brush-up my basics.
Old 24th January 2010, 09:24   #2862
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks for all the information navin. i was thinking getting a 200DG from Canon, but the Kata sounds better. accessibility is one of the key factors i'm looking for as i shoot anything of interest, either with my SLR or my Handycam
Do also consider LowePro's Fastback 350 and Tamrac's Aero 3385. They might not have worked for me but they might be right for you.

Also if you are getting a bag get the biggest bag you think you can carry. trust me your camera kit will grow and then you will need a new bag. So get a bag that has room for 2-3 more lenses than you currently have and maybe even a spare body.

BTW Kata has upgraded the 3N1-30 to a 3N1-33 - the later has a compartment for a laptop.
Old 24th January 2010, 10:12   #2863
Senior - BHPian

@samurai, thanks, got a copy of the book.
Old 24th January 2010, 10:27   #2864
Team-BHP Support

Wow, that was fast, I didn't know it was available locally.
Old 24th January 2010, 11:12   #2865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do also consider LowePro's Fastback 350 and Tamrac's Aero 3385. They might not have worked for me but they might be right for you.

Also if you are getting a bag get the biggest bag you think you can carry. trust me your camera kit will grow and then you will need a new bag. So get a bag that has room for 2-3 more lenses than you currently have and maybe even a spare body.

BTW Kata has upgraded the 3N1-30 to a 3N1-33 - the later has a compartment for a laptop.
yes, i agree. just the day before i got myself a Canon 50mm f/1.8 II and the RC1 remote (kit growing). also, i'm saving up to purchase the Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS USM and the Speedlite 430Ex II some time in the future, so the bag has to be able to accommodate that too

with the bag i've right now, i can carry only the camera+lens and the handycam (or another lens) and a the cables/chargers. since i've 3 lenses now, 2 camera bodies (yes, i've a 35mm too), a handycam, media (mem cards/rolls), accessories (remotes, cables, chargers etc.) i will certainly need a bigger bag. i've a 5ft tripod and monopd, but i've a sling bag for that.

i think the 3N1-30 is the better of the three. since i don't carry around a laptop, the 3N1-33 will be an overkill. btw, how much did it cost you and where did you get it from? the Indian distributor doesn't have the 3N1-30 listed.

guys, could you recommend a good read for using the 50mm effectively? i've read many articles on the net, but all in bits and pieces.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks