Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 13:54   #7801
Team-BHP Support

Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Which is a good batch mode watermarking capability for GIMP?
Any suggestions?
david bowees batch processor. Simply create a watermarking script, and then use the batch processor to invoke the script on batch of images.
Old 5th June 2011, 14:01   #7802
Team-BHP Support

I thought of using it. The just also wanted to see if there is a simpler thing which will not need me to write a script.
I got the watermark-it script, which some how does not work for batch mode.

PS: Nice to see my question getting answered before even its posted! (Note posting sequence! Minority Report ? )
Old 5th June 2011, 22:45   #7803
BHPian

Had been to Jayesh's as a friend wanted pick up D600.

He got it for 45K with B&W

The DSLR Thread-252742_2086859769087_1172957428_2527298_3765222_n.jpg
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 07:32   #7804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I thought of using it. The just also wanted to see if there is a simpler thing which will not need me to write a script.
I got the watermark-it script, which some how does not work for batch mode.

PS: Nice to see my question getting answered before even its posted! (Note posting sequence! Minority Report ? )
I am not sure about GIMP watermarking tools.

I use Photoscape, a free external tool for batch watermarking (quick and easy).
Old 6th June 2011, 11:41   #7805
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I doubt that image is as is from the camera. Most probably shot in raw and very nicely post-processed..
Samurai, here is a non post processed verison of the same shot.
I shot raw, then simply converted to JPEG using standard conversion (no tweaking).
The DSLR Thread-655300190_racwvl.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I am not sure about GIMP watermarking tools.

I use Photoscape, a free external tool for batch watermarking (quick and easy).
Even I have heard photoscape is good
Old 6th June 2011, 12:13   #7806
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
For convenience carry it in checked baggage. It's not a prohibited item but MAY attract a thorough check.
I think it is required to get it checked in. Talking about tripods on planes I have a funny incident that happened to me.

Early 2002 I was travelling from LA to Singapore via Seoul. I had bought a new tripod (with a tripod bag) in LA and for reasons I cant remember carried the tripod bag on the plane.

As I was storing my tripod in the overhead bin a white american lady next to me pointed to the tripod bag and asked me what that was. I said it was a camera tripod. She freaked. "They took away my tweezers in security check and they let you in with a tripod!". I just looked at her, hunched my shoulders and smiled.

It was only after I sat down I realised that the security had let through a Arab looking man (myself) with a bag that contained something that could easily have been used as a weapon! I dont think airlines allow tripods in carry on luggage anymore.
Old 6th June 2011, 12:31   #7807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

It was only after I sat down I realised that the security had let through a Arab looking man (myself) with a bag that contained something that could easily have been used as a weapon! I dont think airlines allow tripods in carry on luggage anymore.
Well tripods are still allowed as long as they fit the dimensions of cabin baggage limit , They are blunt have no sharp edges unlike cutlery , tweezers of scissors
Old 6th June 2011, 14:38   #7808
Senior - BHPian

Is it safe for a camera to be inside a car for a whole day? I cant take it inside the office so keeping it inside the car is the only option. Will it withstand the temperatures inside a car for around 7 hours? Do let me know.

Thanks in advance.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 14:48   #7809
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Is it safe for a camera to be inside a car for a whole day? I cant take it inside the office so keeping it inside the car is the only option. Will it withstand the temperatures inside a car for around 7 hours? Do let me know.
A big no to it. Your camera will pack up within no time. Please read the camera manual carefully. Every single camera manual has this as a precaution.
Rudra Sen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 14:53   #7810
BHPian

I'm without any camera these days (other than my phone cam), as my Canon P&S got stolen sometime back, and this (blessing in disguise) gave me the opportunity to push for a DSLR camera. And hence started endless persuasion sessions for the home minister to acknowledge the need!

Finally after a long wait (1 year is long enough, you see ), gave in to my desire and ordered Nikon D90 with 18-105 kit lens.
Got a deal on eBay, and promptly ordered it for INR 50800/-. Expect it to be delivered towards end of this week, and hope to have some great fun shooting!

Looking forward to joining the DSLR bandwagon!
Old 6th June 2011, 16:43   #7811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26

Well tripods are still allowed as long as they fit the dimensions of cabin baggage limit , They are blunt have no sharp edges unlike cutlery , tweezers of scissors
Like I said it does not figure in the list of prohibited items.

It is for our own convenience that it's advisable to carry in check in baggage. Else it may cause suspicion as Navin gave an example.
Old 6th June 2011, 17:03   #7812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
It all depends on the person at the security check and sometimes the airline official. I was asked to check-in the tripod at the time of collecting boarding pass itself. If you are stopped at security check, it become a pain.
Old 6th June 2011, 22:29   #7813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
A big no to it. Your camera will pack up within no time. Please read the camera manual carefully. Every single camera manual has this as a precaution.
Rudra-da,

Then when we go on long drives, how is this maintained?
AC perhaps?
Old 7th June 2011, 08:38   #7814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Finally after a long wait (1 year is long enough, you see ), gave in to my desire and ordered Nikon D90 with 18-105 kit lens.
Congratulations and for a good wait, you got yourself a very good camera. Take care of it and will last for a while!!!

Use the 18-105 lens thoroughly before you think of buying any other new lens. You can buy a flash (SB400) if you want though!!!

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 7th June 2011 at 08:39.
Old 7th June 2011, 09:21   #7815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Where is your car parked? In open or in basement under shade. if its in open then a big no if its in basement, then may be you can

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks