Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 15:50   #316
Senior - BHPian

Photon + query

Hello,

I bought a tata photon + modem last week on a time based plan of 500 rs per month giving me 1800 mins. the speed i am getting is quite good and does the well. i am facing a very wierd problem. there is this website on which we host of CCTV camera videos for remote viewing. I am able to view that site from any corner of the world. It works fine.

The moment i plug in the PHOTON + modem i am not able to proceed further then the Log in page. it just freezes there and give me an error dialoge box with just "!" in there. no text at all.

I called in the tata guys to my office last week and they spend 4 hours here trying to resolve this issue. there are 5 laptops and 2 desktops in my office and out of all its working fine only on one Laptop. Rest none of the PC's or Laptops are able to log in to that site when connected through Photon +.

If any one can please suggest what are possible errors or faults i should be checking?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th December 2009, 16:03   #317
BHPian

^ Try a different browser, Firefox, etc.
Old 5th December 2009, 16:24   #318
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Ferrari1976;1617736]^ Try a different browser, Firefox, etc.[/QUOTES]

Sorry my mistake. I should have mentioned that earlier. the viewing software for my cameras is compatible only with IE.

It has another software called CMS, which works fine on Photon +, but the http:// site doesnt operate.
Old 5th December 2009, 21:58   #319
Senior - BHPian

Good news is that!
roaming is enabled on BSNL EVDO. For older connection its still 550 plus tax unlimited. For new connection its 999 plus tax unlimited. here in Rajasthan.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:42   #320
BHPian

A question here to all those Docomo users. Do you find the GPRS/EDGE connectivity really good. I'm thinking of switching from Airtel to Docomo for mobile internet because it looks much cheaper. How is the speed in Major cities like Metroes/Pune/Etc?

PS: According to this link, tethering to a PC is not chargeable like Vodafone, Airtel, Idea, etc. So this definitely makes Docomo a much better mobile internet connectivity deal.

Gprs-faqs

GPRS
Old 20th January 2010, 20:37   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello,

I bought a tata photon + modem last week on a time based plan of 500 rs per month giving me 1800 mins. the speed i am getting is quite good and does the well. i am facing a very wierd problem. there is this website on which we host of CCTV camera videos for remote viewing. I am able to view that site from any corner of the world. It works fine.

The moment i plug in the PHOTON + modem i am not able to proceed further then the Log in page. it just freezes there and give me an error dialoge box with just "!" in there. no text at all.

I called in the tata guys to my office last week and they spend 4 hours here trying to resolve this issue. there are 5 laptops and 2 desktops in my office and out of all its working fine only on one Laptop. Rest none of the PC's or Laptops are able to log in to that site when connected through Photon +.

If any one can please suggest what are possible errors or faults i should be checking?

Thanks in advance.
Its called Speed throttling. Users used to get time based plans with unlimited data and would hog the bandwidth with downloading using news servers, some ISP's are stopping it now but this happens at quite higher level and normal Customer Service Drones got no idea about it.

This is assuming CCTV footage is being access in same country otherwise u should use a proxy and it should work.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:49   #322
BHPian

can anyone tell me which is the best card in terms of connectivity in far flung areas of the country such as north east and rural areas such as rajasthan and coastal maharashtra etc???
Old 20th January 2010, 20:54   #323
BHPian

Vodafone data card(USB Stick)

i have a Vodafone data card(USB Stick)

it was very good but the issue was in my area i use to get only 117Kbps download speed.

and i have used it when traveling from Chennai to Hyderabad on the bus, and after we had dinner in some dhaba i was getting bored so i started using it.
it was giving me same 110-117Kbps all the time till my laptop battery lasted...
i felt it was a good option for people who travel a lot.

i am not using it any more...
so planning to sell it off in Chennai.
Old 22nd January 2010, 01:02   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
A question here to all those Docomo users. Do you find the GPRS/EDGE connectivity really good. I'm thinking of switching from Airtel to Docomo for mobile internet because it looks much cheaper. How is the speed in Major cities like Metroes/Pune/Etc?
Hi given2fly , i am also stuck with airtel gprs service which is getting worse day by day please keep this thread updated if you opt for any other alternative like docomo.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:11   #325

Has anyone got Photon+ to work on Linux? I am using Ubuntu 8.04 (no windows on the laptop). I am having trouble getting the Huawei modem detected. I have searched the internet for solutions but not much of help. If anyone of you have got it to work, let me know.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:31   #326
BHPian

I am using reliance broadband+ in pune.
It is giving a gr8 download speed 1.5 mbps.

Earlier i used Idea Net setter which is above hopeless.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:47   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
I am using reliance broadband+ in pune.
It is giving a gr8 download speed 1.5 mbps.

Earlier i used Idea Net setter which is above hopeless.
I bought the Reliance Broadband+ in Hyderabad. Paid Rs.3000 for device and using the 2GB+ 10GB day night plan.

Until now, i am not satisfied with the speeds, infact, its too darn slow

Any ideas what could be going wrong? And, how much you paid for your device and package using?
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:19   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I bought the Reliance Broadband+ in Hyderabad. Paid Rs.3000 for device and using the 2GB+ 10GB day night plan.

Until now, i am not satisfied with the speeds, infact, its too darn slow

Any ideas what could be going wrong? And, how much you paid for your device and package using?
i got the device for 2K. There was some scheme till 31th Dec where they were offering device worth 3K for 2K + Waive of of first bill.

May be your area is not having good coverage.
Old 31st January 2010, 19:31   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Does Tata Photon+ work in Pune? It doesn't seem to show as the listed city of coverage on their website. Does it work on the expressway/lonavala?
Old 28th February 2010, 15:29   #330
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You just gotta appreciate a service that works as promised. Right now, I'm in a quaint li'l village called Deolali. The infrastructure here is so basic that even the electricity goes off for 4 - 6 hours in a day.

Fired up the laptop. Guess what? Reliance Broadband+ is running on HSD (high speed) mode and NOT CDMA (which is usually the case in non-metros). High speed internet, yeah baby It's been over 6 months with the Broadband+ and I remain an extremely satisfied customer.

@ Sahil : Get the Reliance. If it works in Devlali on HSD mode, I'm willing to bet that Pune is well covered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks