Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 11:43   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Bought Reliance Netconnect+ broadband yesterday. Submitted all the documents and it was activated in 2 hours.

Initial experience with the speed is very good. Its really fast.

it has a good HSD coverage, at least, in Pune, Mumbai and Bangaluru, where I travel alot. Also the good part is its provides the slow X1 connection on all other areas where they have network.

3 of my colleagues bough it. Its bloody fast! There was no buffering for videos from youtube and slight buffering from Divx quality live streaming films in full screen.

Very very impressed. The device costs 3.5k.
Old 1st May 2009, 12:04   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The device costs 3.5k.
This cost is the down turn for these services. I spent 2800 for PCMCIA card from Tataindicom. Now its useless . Lying as junk
Old 1st May 2009, 16:30   #213
BHPian

I also have the Reliance broadband usb modem and must say that I am completely satisfied with the speed (browsing as well as download). Worth it.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:01   #214
Senior - BHPian

Ok things are not really that good with Reliance Netconnect+ One of the big problem is that the HSD signals are not consistent and I have to keep the connection in Hybrid. Which means if HSD signals are not available, it will shift to 1X mode. Now there is the problem. As it switches to 1X from HSD or vica-versa, my VPN connection breaks up. Which is very pain full.

So while I am surfing net, its not a problem, but if I am working on VPN line, its painful. Also with Gurgaon itself HSD signals are weak.
Old 9th May 2009, 20:49   #215
BHPian

Tested R-NetConnect today in Delhi, speeds were much better than regular R - Data card I use, need to find if similar speeds will be available thru out NCR (Noida/Ghaziabad/FBD/Gurgaon) etc.

Lets wait n watch, do the Reliance sales guys do a demo at home? I was also told that 3,500/- is the promotional price until 15th May after which it will be revised to 5.900. Anyone heard the same ? Any users in Noida/Ghaziabad for R - NetConnect?
Old 9th May 2009, 21:10   #216
Team-BHP Support

I am getting the reliance net connect demo at my home in Dwarka tomorrow. Will purchase it immediately if I like it
Old 9th May 2009, 21:24   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Ok things are not really that good with Reliance Netconnect+ One of the big problem is that the HSD signals are not consistent and I have to keep the connection in Hybrid. Which means if HSD signals are not available, it will shift to 1X mode. Now there is the problem. As it switches to 1X from HSD or vica-versa, my VPN connection breaks up. Which is very pain full.

So while I am surfing net, its not a problem, but if I am working on VPN line, its painful. Also with Gurgaon itself HSD signals are weak.
Check their site to know if your area is covered. 1X isnt bad VPN .
Old 11th May 2009, 15:38   #218
BHPian

guys i would never recommend anyone to go for Reliance data card i bought one a year ago, plan was about rs 900 per month. the service was pathetic and i could not even open my mail on it ( used it in NCR, Ahmadabad, Hyderabad and many other cities also) i made numerous complaints but no use, had to close the account after 6 months made the full and final payment and got rid. now after 7 months i get a notice from reliance advocate to pay the dues of rs 700 after that i had to literally fight with them and mend them to task. its not about technology and about the attitude that Reliance has.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:06   #219
Team-BHP Support

Breifly tested the Tata Proton + yesterday.

Speedtest.net indicated a 1mbps download and 0.5mbps upload speed! Not bad.

cya
R

PS - this was the black usb-key type, not the hinged white one shown in all the ads.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:21   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Check their site to know if your area is covered. 1X isnt bad VPN .
Actually speed is not a problem. Sometimes it loses the HSD network, and connection breaks. Solution for it is to use the dialer in hybrid mode, so that when it looses HSD network, it automatically moves to 1X network. but this move over causes the connection to break for 5-6 seconds, which disconnects the VPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
guys i would never recommend anyone to go for Reliance data card i bought one a year ago, plan was about rs 900 per month. the service was pathetic and i could not even open my mail on it ( used it in NCR, Ahmadabad, Hyderabad and many other cities also)
I think that too exaggerated statement. Its not that bad at all. In fact the HSD of netconnect is very fast
Old 12th May 2009, 17:48   #221
BHPian

@rkbharat

i did'nt exaggerate anything, i guess u did not realize that i was talking about net connect that i bought a year ago and not the new thing thats recently come out.
Old 12th May 2009, 19:49   #222
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
i did'nt exaggerate anything, i guess u did not realize that i was talking about net connect that i bought a year ago and not the new thing thats recently come out.
yeah, I have that same 1x card for almost 2 years now. Works fine actually!.

Not very consistent with speed but fine.
Old 12th May 2009, 20:06   #223
BHPian

reliance 1x speeds are not bad actually. my friend took one 5 months ago. basic email and IM are breeze and browsing forums is also not very difficult. any thing more than this is not possible.
Old 12th May 2009, 20:25   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Help

For the gurus on this thread:

I have been using an Airtel datacard (PCMCIA card) for over 3 years now. I dont't use it at home, but at my workplace, which isn't exactly a city!

For quite some time now, I've been wishing for better speed.

The options as I see them are:
  1. The new Reliance Netconnect+ Broadband - my workplace is not within their coverage area;
  2. MTNL/BSNL 3G service - not sure if this will work everywhere;
  3. Continue with the present service and hope Airtel gives us 3G sometime soon.
I have an Airtel tower within spitting distance of my location at work, so signal strength on the datacard is excellent, but the speed is still not up to scratch.

Any suggestions?
Old 12th May 2009, 20:36   #225
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
For the gurus on this thread:

I have been using an Airtel datacard (PCMCIA card) for over 3 years now. I dont't use it at home, but at my workplace, which isn't exactly a city!

For quite some time now, I've been wishing for better speed.

The options as I see them are:
  1. Continue with the present service and hope Airtel gives us 3G sometime soon.
I have an Airtel tower within spitting distance of my location at work, so signal strength on the datacard is excellent, but the speed is still not up to scratch.

Any suggestions?
You don't really seeem to have an option but to wait.

For the time being, you can check if Airtel network is EDGE enabled in that area, and so is the 3 year old data card?

Basically, Airtel EDGE network is much more usable than the GPRS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks