Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 06:48   #181
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the maximum capacity of the microSD which a HTC P3300 can handle?

thanks in advance.
Old 12th February 2009, 16:15   #182
BHPian

Hi,

I live in Indirapuram and want to opt for the EVDO services provided by BSNL. Today I asked my brother to go to their Kaushambi office and collect the application form from there.

He went there and found out that they are running short of forms, the gentleman there asked him to download the form from their web-site and use that. He searched for the form on his cell from there, and couldn't find it. He asked that gentleman to help him in finding the form,he had no clue about it.

Does anybody here use EVDO, and can point me out where I can get the application form?

Cheers

Nitin
Old 12th February 2009, 17:38   #183
BHPian

Not on their website

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi,

Does anybody here use EVDO, and can point me out where I can get the application form?

Cheers

Nitin
When I saw your message I headed straight to Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. but couldn't find it there. But in Chennai circle website http://www.chennai.bsnl.co.in/News/EVDO.htm it says Customers should submit applications in the usual application form as prescribed for landline / WLL connections.

So I guess you can download an application for landline/WLL connection and mention EVDO internet card on top and submit the same to the customer care officer at the BSNL center.
Old 12th February 2009, 18:29   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi,

I live in Indirapuram and want to opt for the EVDO services provided by BSNL. Today I asked my brother to go to their Kaushambi office and collect the application form from there.

He went there and found out that they are running short of forms, the gentleman there asked him to download the form from their web-site and use that. He searched for the form on his cell from there, and couldn't find it. He asked that gentleman to help him in finding the form,he had no clue about it.

Cheers

Nitin
Unofficial EVDO forum. there you can have sample form.

HOME | BSNLEVDO.com - DISCUSSIONS ON BSNL EVDO BROADBAND, CDMA1x Broadband, EVDO Broadband services of BSNL India
Old 12th February 2009, 18:31   #185
BHPian

Has anyone used Idea NetSetter in the Navi Mumbai area? If so, how are the speeds?

Currently, I'm confused between Airtel and Idea. Reliance is pathetically slow despite being 'closer' to DAKC!

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 16th March 2009, 18:26   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Has anyone used Idea NetSetter in the Navi Mumbai area? If so, how are the speeds?

Currently, I'm confused between Airtel and Idea. Reliance is pathetically slow despite being 'closer' to DAKC!

Cheers!
DueLLeR
To answer my own question since I got no replies - just one word - PATHETIC!

Idea NetSetter is slower than any other connection I have used. After clearing my cache, changing positions around my home, I called their helpdesk in disgust. Even with full signal and a clear cache, Google takes 10+ seconds to load. I didn't even dare count how long GMail would take.

Stay from the NetSetter. Kya bekaar Idea hai, Sirjee!!
Old 18th March 2009, 01:48   #187

finally can u suggest what better tata or reliance?
Old 18th March 2009, 08:58   #188
BHPian

Have been using a Tata Indicom Data Card for the last 2 years. Connectivity is not a problem. But it makes senses if you travel a lot or you need to be connected while you are mobile.

If you are going to connect at your home or office then it doesn't make sense thanks to the very slow speeds. Broadband is a better bet then.
Old 18th March 2009, 16:45   #189
Senior - BHPian

Need some help...

Hi everyone,

I am currently using Lenovo S10 ideapad. This one comes with only 2 USB ports. I am about buy the data card/USB modem. I am more inclined to the one which goes into a slot provided in the side(I dont know what it is called, I think PCIMIA... something like that). But I noticed that my notebook's slot is smaller than usual laptops does.

Can any one tell, will I get a compatible card. How much is it priced? I dont prefer the USB modem, as it protrudes out and I find it inconvenient. Is there any performance difference between the two(USB and PCIMIA).

Does any one is aware of Photon+ Usb Modem ; How is this service and any price pointers???

EDIT: just noticed that Photon service is available in select places only.

Raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 18th March 2009 at 16:51.
Old 20th March 2009, 16:05   #190
BHPian

Try Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am currently using Lenovo S10 ideapad. This one comes with only 2 USB ports. I am about buy the data card/USB modem. I am more inclined to the one which goes into a slot provided in the side(I dont know what it is called, I think PCIMIA... something like that). But I noticed that my notebook's slot is smaller than usual laptops does.

Can any one tell, will I get a compatible card. How much is it priced? I dont prefer the USB modem, as it protrudes out and I find it inconvenient. Is there any performance difference between the two(USB and PCIMIA).

Does any one is aware of Photon+ Usb Modem ; How is this service and any price pointers???

Raj.
There is no PCMCIA slots in today's laptops. They stopped appearing years ago. If at all you have one like that, it will be smaller than a PCMCIA slot as you said, it is called Express Card Slot. Till date, I haven't seen any one use that slot at all. What I would suggest is check if Tata Indicom Photon+ service is available in your area and go for it right away. If it is not, wait for Reliance Broadband+ which is same as Tata's Photon+ Check if it is already out in your area.
Old 20th March 2009, 18:44   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
There is no PCMCIA slots in today's laptops. They stopped appearing years ago. If at all you have one like that, it will be smaller than a PCMCIA slot as you said, it is called Express Card Slot. Till date, I haven't seen any one use that slot at all. .....
Hmm! yes it is express card slot(I googled it). I happen to see some laptops with the one which goes into the slot(though the card appears to be bigger than the slot in my notebook).

Airtel used to sell those card type data cards which they no longer sell.
Old 21st March 2009, 16:46   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm! yes it is express card slot(I googled it). I happen to see some laptops with the one which goes into the slot(though the card appears to be bigger than the slot in my notebook).

Airtel used to sell those card type data cards which they no longer sell.
No one sells PCMCIA cards yet. It is an outdated thing nowadays. If no. of USB ports is a problem, then you can opt for a smallish USB hub which can be used whenever you need to connect more than 2 USB devices.
Old 22nd March 2009, 14:04   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

EDIT: just noticed that Photon service is available in select places only.

Raj.
Hi Raj,
photon+ is launched just a couple of days ago in Hyderabad too.Though on indicom website no info is available,you can get a demo of it at the indicom office beside LBstadium,basheerbagh. Play with it, check the speeds and then decide.

AFAIK,modem costs rs.3500 and no introductory offers. Unlimited surfing(fair access policy of 15GB ) is rs.1500 pm.
A little OT, tata indicom normal cdma1x usb modem is available for just 1300 at crom outlets. And unlimted plan on that is 800 only.
So, compare how they suit your needs and decide.
BTW, I changed my mobile num.will inform you shortly.
bye.
Old 22nd March 2009, 15:03   #194
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews of the ~3.1mbps Reliance Netconnect+ in Mumbai? Thinking of going for it, prices seem reasonable for the kind of speeds offered.
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:20   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Any reviews of the ~3.1mbps Reliance Netconnect+ in Mumbai?
Few things:

1. 3.1 mbps is advertised speed
2. Real speed would be aound 200 - 500 kbps
3. Outside of a Metro, it would drop to speed of usual CDMA (~ 100 kbps)
4. In Mumbai, not all base station have EVDO at the moment, do do check speed at your place (if possible, ask a sales guy to bring card for demo at your place).
5. If base station in your area is not EVDO enabled, speed would be pathetic (~100 kbps)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks