Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 21:52   #46
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
ordered one today and couple of my friends also bought today , now the wait starts to experience all the buzz around this product
received my band today after 2 days of delay from Delhivery ,was very easy to pair with the app and been using since morning seems to be recording even hand movement anyways need to check properly tomorrow . Is this waterproof !!!
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:07   #47
Team-BHP Support

Doesn't work with anything below Android 4.4, so no go for smartphone dinosaurs like me. Oh well.
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Doesn't work with anything below Android 4.4, so no go for smartphone dinosaurs like me. Oh well.
You can download the older version from miui.com which works with android 4.3

Does that work for u?
Old 23rd June 2015, 09:26   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You can download the older version from miui.com which works with android 4.3

Does that work for u?
Yes, I'm a late-model dinosaur, 4.3 is fine

Now to get my hands on one of these 'bands'.

P. S. On second thoughts (read casual googling), it appears my S3 may not have the requisite BT hardware to support the band's functionality? Most discussions mention BT 4.0/BT LE.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd June 2015 at 09:41.
Old 23rd June 2015, 09:51   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, Mi Band now on open sale both from Flipkart and Mi.com for the same 999 with free delivery. Booked on Mi.com but cancelled immediately as they did not provide a delivery timeline. Rebooked on FK yesterday night at 2100 and its already been delivered shortly after I left for office!

Will definitely update with my feedback. At this price I don't mind buying another one for my wife too.

YuFit was another potential but dropped due to multiple reviews on possible battery life issues, scratching of OLED screen and concerns on quality of materials used.
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:37   #51
BHPian

Here's my review of the Mi Band, it's been long delayed but hope it helps others who are looking to buy this fitness device.

So, I've used the Mi band for a couple of weeks and these are the pros and cons of the device according to me.

Pros
-Good Build quality, doesn't scratch too easily.
-Setup process is clean and simple
-Really affordable

Cons
-Inaccurate tracking of steps
-Sleep tracking feature does not work every time.
-Screen unlock feature works only with devices having MIUI 6

You can set goals for yourself in terms of the number of steps you want to achieve in the day.
But as with most trackers, any kind of hand movement counts as a step. So if you are doing any sort of activity, for eg- writing, you could end up with an inflated number.

The sleep function is inaccurate and it may or may not work sometimes. The one good thing with this Band is that you don't need to set it to sleep mode to track sleep, it works automatically at night.

After using it for a couple of weeks, I think this is a gadget is built to a price, it is very inaccurate and not a compelling fitness band.
It is useful only if you want to track your sleep and count your steps during your walks, it useless in tracking other physical activities. Also, the rubber band quality is pretty poor and irritates your wrist when you wear it for a significant amount of time.
At the end I have actually stopped using it as I feel it is not useful for me and I could not handle the schizophrenic nature of the device. But at Rs.999, you can't expect everything.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-screenshot_20150529185700.png  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-screenshot_20150530080301.png  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-screenshot_20150623110349.png  

Last edited by Marauder : 23rd June 2015 at 11:39.
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:16   #52
BHPian

Any idea which budget fitness band can track calories burnt during workout / exercising? (not cardio)
Old 23rd June 2015, 22:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Ordered a Fitbit Charge HR today through Amazon US. Will share my feedback soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I have a Fitbit surge. I had a Fitbit one before which I lost. So got this one. Will use it for sometime and post my views

Returned the band today. Started getting rashes on my wrist within 3 days of using it ! This has been an issue with Fitbit bands recently and has been in the news as well.

Attachment 1385292
Performance also has been poor ! The band counts stairs even when I take the elevator. So, in a day it's like I have climbed the Petronas towers. Same way , about recording sleep. Doesn't detect short naps of less than a hour

Overall a useless band. Dunno how is it rated high. Good that Amazon has agreed for a full refund on return. They will also do a refund on the return shipping charges
Old 13th July 2015, 10:18   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
At the end I have actually stopped using it as I feel it is not useful for me and I could not handle the schizophrenic nature of the device. But at Rs.999, you can't expect everything.
I am quite surprised at this feedback, considering that mine & 3/4 bands that are in use in my extended family work quite well. The sleep time calculation especially is very accurate. Have you tried upgrading the firmware ? I got an update notification recently.

@Everone - Any idea when the MiBand is going to be in stock again ? Need to purchase one asap !
Old 13th July 2015, 23:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Returned the band today. Started getting rashes on my wrist within 3 days of using it ! This has been an issue with Fitbit bands recently and has been in the news as well.
Surprising as me and my family and few friends have been using fitbit surge daily from quite sometime and have not had any rashes!

Today got an Apple watch (sports model) which is said to be the competitor for Surge. From a single day's assessment of the watch I can say that its better designed with a very good display. Touch feedback is good too. On the con side pairing takes some time and the navigation takes sometime to get used to. One good thing about the watch is that it switches off when not turned towards you but when you turn it towards you the display switches on to reveal the home screen. Will post a review after some time with the watch. In the meantime here are couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-fullsizerender_1.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-fullsizerender_2.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-fullsizerender.jpg  

Old 14th July 2015, 22:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Surprising as me and my family and few friends have been using fitbit surge daily from quite sometime and have not had any rashes!

Good for you ! If you do a quick Google , rashes through Fitbit bands are a known issue. Even though I had bought this through Amazon , I had written to Fitbit as well. They asked me to destroy the band and send a pic of the same. The entire amount including shipping and import duty was refunded within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Today got an Apple watch (sports model) which is said to be the competitor for Surge. From a single day's assessment of the watch I can say that its better designed with a very good display.
The watch looks cool. How's battery life ? And how long do you need to charge the watch ?

How's the sync with the health app ? Accuracy ?

Last edited by Eddy : 15th July 2015 at 11:52. Reason: Removing external image
Old 14th July 2015, 22:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Any idea which budget fitness band can track calories burnt during workout / exercising? (not cardio)
I don't think any of the fitness bands are capable of measuring that.
Old 14th July 2015, 23:46   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good for you ! If you do a quick Google , rashes through Fitbit bands are a known issue. Even though I had bought this through Amazon , I had written to Fitbit as well. They asked me to destroy the band and send a pic of the same. The entire amount including shipping and import duty was refunded within a week.
The watch looks cool 👍how's battery life ? And how long do you need to charge the watch ?

How's the sync with the health app ? Accuracy ?
Yeah I did that after I wrote response to you here. But till now have not heard from any of my friends or family using it. Guess we have tough skin!

Thanks for the compliment for the apple watch. When I received it had 70% charge and it came till 7pm today which is almost 36 hours. I was using it all day long (novelty u see). I will charge it tomorrow and let you know the details.

Connects to health app once you pair the device with your iphone. Hassle free setup. I have not yet used the watch for my runs or my gymming. I might do it in couple of days and be in better position to let you know more.
Old 15th July 2015, 11:50   #59
BHPian

Hi guys,

My wife recently got the Sony Smartband Talk SWR 30. She loves it & says its quite accurate.

I too want to buy something similar but can't decide whether I should get the Moto 360, esp. now that the prices are down, or should I wait for launch of Moto 360 2nd version. I am guessing that new Moto 360 will be sleeker & better but am afraid that it maybe priced quite high accordingly.

Any thoughts & suggestions?
Old 22nd July 2015, 16:53   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am quite surprised at this feedback, considering that mine & 3/4 bands that are in use in my extended family work quite well. The sleep time calculation especially is very accurate. Have you tried upgrading the firmware ? I got an update notification recently.

@Everone - Any idea when the MiBand is going to be in stock again ? Need to purchase one asap !
I've been using Fitbit bands for over 2.5 years (Fitbit flex then Fitbit Charge and now Fitbit Surge). Dont having issues with the skin or accuracy /measurement

The main issue i have is with the band quality. Over a period of 12 months, i had to buy two replacement bands for Flex. My Charge band is also on the last stage and unfortunately there are no replacmenet bands available for it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks