Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 18:47   #61
rbp
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

I got the mi band 25 days back. Summarizing my exp

-ves
  • Very inaccurate. True 1.6 km using GPS = 1 km on the mi band. I have tried changing my height etc, but it is useless
  • The strap band will not last for long.

+ves
  • Cheap
  • I am wearing it only to wake me up from my morning sleep [Alarm] and Call alerts, as I keep my phone always in silent mode.
  • Good battery life.
Old 26th July 2015, 09:18   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, MiBand back in stock on Amazon and Mi.com.
http://www.amazon.in/Mi-Band-Black/d...?tag=save0b-21
Old 26th July 2015, 09:21   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpusher View Post
Hi guys,

My wife recently got the Sony Smartband Talk SWR 30. She loves it & says its quite accurate.

I too want to buy something similar but can't decide whether I should get the Moto 360, esp. now that the prices are down, or should I wait for launch of Moto 360 2nd version. I am guessing that new Moto 360 will be sleeker & better but am afraid that it maybe priced quite high accordingly.

Any thoughts & suggestions?
Hi, I picked up the Moto360 with the cognac leather strap from Bestbuy Seattle for 164$ including sales tax. Very happy with it, suits all my needs. Immediately auto-updated to Android Wear 1.1.1.2006643 and Android 5.1.1

Has raised my quotient in office big-time
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20150726wa0002.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20150726wa0004.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20150726wa0001.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20150726wa0003.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20150726wa0000.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20150726wa0005.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 26th July 2015 at 09:35. Reason: Pictures
Old 27th July 2015, 17:06   #64
BHPian

Your Moto 360 looks great. How much stand by time do you get before charging? Also any issues wearing it whole day?
Old 30th July 2015, 09:54   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry, did not see your query.

No issues at all with wearing it the whole day. Very comfortable to wear - 'gripes' are that the cognac leather strap may not be up to the amount I sweat :-( plus the watch is a bit chunky and I have to extra careful not to snag it on something.

Battery life is pretty acceptable stretching from 6 a.m. (when I take it off the stylish charger which also doubles as a night-clock + alarm) and shows around 20-25% when I reach home at say 7 p.m. This is with zillions of email, calendar, traffic, SMS and WhatsApp notifications throughout the day.

This is fine with me as my Note 4 also drains at the same rate.

Overall very happy with it!!
Old 30th July 2015, 10:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

I tried to get the Yu fit yesterday on Amazon. I was able to get it into the basket too. But decided against taking it, since I already had the MI band.

In the evening, got an email from Amazon that due to some technical issue, the sale was cancelled. They will be having another sale on 31st for those who got it in their basket but were not able to complete their purchase.

Aside: Is it really worth it? Other than the display, I don't see much difference as compared to the Mi Band. Since I wear full sleeves all the time, the display will be pretty much redundant during the day.
Old 7th August 2015, 00:28   #67
BHPian

Just got my Mi band today, but I am not able to pair it with my Samsung Note 3. Has anyone experienced such issues, while pairing with Android mobile running on Lolipop version.
Old 7th August 2015, 00:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

I got a Samsung Gear 2 Neo last week. Its a nice watch with neat fitness features. So far lasts 2 full days with atleast 10% battery remaining after all fiddling with it.
Old 10th August 2015, 20:42   #69
BHPian

While I'm on the Fitbit ecosystem, One of my colleauge just bought a Vivofit from Amazon.in and am I'm pretty impressed with it and some nifty features that my Fitbit surge does not have e.g. no walk indicator which further motivates to walk
Old 10th August 2015, 22:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a smart watch with GPS.
What's the cheapest we got?

I will be using it for running 10-15K. Decent battery life is needed as I might be running for 2 hours at a stretch and GPS will be on.
Also, integration with apps like Endomondo and runtastic is necessary.

Last edited by adimicra : 10th August 2015 at 22:02.
Old 17th August 2015, 17:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to get opinions from users of Garmin Forerunner 15 with the HRM. Is there anyone out there who owns one? First hand experience will be helpful.
Old 17th August 2015, 22:49   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I got a Samsung Gear 2 Neo last week. Its a nice watch with neat fitness features. So far lasts 2 full days with atleast 10% battery remaining after all fiddling with it.
I am happy to report that the watch now lasts 4 full days, all i did was lower brightness(its still readable in all lighting conditions), switched to a watchface which has more black background(PAMOLED at work).

I am still getting the selected notifications & checking time as much as I did with a regular watch. This is a really good time gap between two charge cycles.
Old 10th September 2015, 20:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

I just went ahead and bought this Garmin Forerunner 15 with HRM from Flipkart. It's ideal for my evening 3Ks. Gives me all the information about the run on the go as well as back home on the computer where, among other things it even plots a route of my run on google map. The Garmin Connect and Garmin Express softwares are pretty impressive and can analyse one's run threadbare. In fact I am yet to explore its full range of capabilities.

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-forerunner15sept102015_1126.jpg

Its only negative is the initial time it takes for the watch to hook up with the satellites. On cloudy evenings it can take more than five minutes. On normal clear sky it is about 30 seconds though.

The nylon strap of the HRM is a little itchy and could have been better.

The GPS is fairly accurate and so is the step counter (I don't know how it counts the steps without a footpod). I am hoping the HRM is accurate too. I have cross checked it with my electronic BP monitor. They did not give an exact identical reading but were pretty close.

The official manual is pretty useless. But there are several online reviews that are extremely thorough. The www.dcrainmaker.com is perhaps the best.
Old 10th September 2015, 21:45   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
-ves
  • Very inaccurate. True 1.6 km using GPS = 1 km on the mi band. I have tried changing my height etc, but it is useless
  • The strap band will not last for long.
I find mine very accurate. Even over a distance of almost 13 kms it was accurate with a difference of less than 300 meters between what google maps says and this reported.

The strap is poor in quality. I had to buy a new one and since then I use this only on my long walks instead of 24*7.
Old 11th September 2015, 09:04   #75
BHPian

My MI Fit bad has stopped tracking sleep - anyone else facing the same issue ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks