Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 17:09   #5251
v&v
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
I'm getting a quote between 60-65k from different dealers. What would you suggest?
Try Lajpat nagar brand shop, you will get it for 58k or lower . PM me if you need the number of the sales manager there.
Old 9th February 2012, 17:19   #5252
BHPian

I made a mistake of buying the Sansui LCD TV, which is giving problems every now and then. Pls refrain from buying Sansui TV.
Old 9th February 2012, 17:24   #5253
BHPian

Quote:
Panasonic P42U30D is not available anywhere in the market.

I guess i'll have to settle with the Panasonic P42X30D.
I was also looking to buy P42U30D but it has been discontinued as per Pana dealers. We then purchased 42X30D a week back and are completely satisfied by the PQ. Had compared PQ with a full HD LED side by side with X30 and found no difference in pixelation or details at a distance of 8 feet.

If your viewing distance is about 7-8 feet or greater, no need to go for Full HD as its just overkill and your eyes will observe no difference between HD ready and full HD for 42inch size.

Go for X30D as its fantastic VFM. You wont regret it.
Old 9th February 2012, 17:28   #5254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post
Hi Everyone,

Any views about 46" Sony Full HD LCD (Model - 46CX520) vs 50" Panasonic Viera HD Ready Plasma (Model - TH-P50x30D)?

Just at the verge of finalizing the Sony LCD model, but wanted to get some quick views.

Thanks,
Si1ver0ne
Tried a 3D movie on Sony EX72 ( fed frm PS3); was awesome. I also checked out Pana LED and Plasma from different angle which played HD content. Plasma's color reproduction etc was just awesome.

I am not sure but they say Plasma eats more power but has more life, 1lac hrs vs 60,000 hrs for LED.
Old 9th February 2012, 20:53   #5255
BHPian

So i really couldn't resist the PQ of Panasonic P42ST30D and finally ended up buying it. Got it for Rs. 57,000/-. That's the best i could bargain for it.

Will receive it at my place tomorrow afternoon.

PS: To all the plasma users- Do i need to take care of the Burn-in issues for first few hours of running the tv or just let it be.

Secondly, which HD DTH would you recommend? I currently have dish tv normal set-top box.
Old 9th February 2012, 22:08   #5256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine
So i really couldn't resist the PQ of Panasonic P42ST30D and finally ended up buying it. Got it for Rs. 57,000/-. That's the best i could bargain for it.

Will receive it at my place tomorrow afternoon.

PS: To all the plasma users- Do i need to take care of the Burn-in issues for first few hours of running the tv or just let it be.

Secondly, which HD DTH would you recommend? I currently have dish tv normal set-top box.
Congratulations!
Try TataSky HD+
I am a subscriber and it's great quality. Many service providers are converting the standard definition to HD which doesn't quite work. Tata is showing and calling only those channels that are shot with HD cameras so it's true HD.
With + you get to record and if you are the type who watches selective TV then it's total VFM. Now the box gets free VOD.

The current generation Plasma Sets do not have the burn in effect. So just enjoy the TV without any fear. Cheers!
Old 9th February 2012, 22:38   #5257
Senior - BHPian

Bought my 2nd Samsung 40 incher LED recently, the UA40D5500 Smart TV @ 44K from Gaffar, Karol Bagh, Delhi (retails around 66~68K at the stores). WiFi dongle was 2K extra for internet connectivity. My previous model was UA40D5000 (@40K, using since 6 months now without issues) which is the same LED TV but without Smart capabilities and WiFi support, though it supports a Lan connection and transmits pictures/movies over wifi from mu Galaxy S2.

Perfect bang for your buck.
Old 10th February 2012, 00:36   #5258
Senior - BHPian

The ST30 is equipped with a scroll bar function which can be engaged in case of IR issues. If you want you can run in your panel for the first 100 hours of viewing by keeping all of the values of CLr, contrast, brightness etc below '40' OR you could download pdp run in slides and play them for a similar amount of time. I viewed my panel on Zoom3 for the initial 150 hours so that no logos were displayed.

As for the HD DTH I would recommend Dish tv. They are more economical, have better transmission quality 1080i in stead of TATA 's 1080p and they have more practical VOD options. I have both Tata HD+ (in Dilli) and Dish (in BOM) and have recently been offered a free upgrade from Dish SD to HD. If I pay a litttle extra I will get Dish HD recorder box which allows one to store programmes on an external memory device via a USB port. This is so much better than TATA's pathetic little 500 Gb Hdd which records over the earlier programmes and does not have an interface with external memory devices.

Quote:

The PQ is not because of 3D, though Panny have had to use faster phosphor to enable a smoother 3D rendering. The PQ is due to the 'NEO Plasma' panel s also the high contrast ratio which come to the ST30 from previous years VT20 series.

Quote:
EDIT: btw, what is the feedback on Panasonic P42ST30D? I saw it in the showroom and it had an amazing PQ(probably because it is 3D as well), having a contrast ratio of 5,000,000 as compared to X30D contrast ratio of 2,000,000? A little over my budget, but seriously tempting. Any suggestions?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 01:30   #5259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As for the HD DTH I would recommend Dish tv. They are more economical, have better transmission quality 1080i in stead of TATA 's 1080p and they have more practical VOD options.
Just chanced upon this thread. Khoj mate, Isn't 1080p (progressive) supposed to be better than 1080i (interlaced)?
Old 10th February 2012, 06:28   #5260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
My previous model was UA40D5000 (@40K, using since 6 months now without issues) which is the same LED TV but without Smart capabilities and WiFi support, though it supports a Lan connection and transmits pictures/movies over wifi from mu Galaxy S2.

Hi dkaile, I was checking out d5000 in a Samsung outlet and the sales person has pointed out that it has wifi "all share" connectivity. I say the feature icon too on the panel. I was not very keen on smart series so thought of deciding on this.
Old 10th February 2012, 08:10   #5261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
Hi dkaile, I was checking out d5000 in a Samsung outlet and the sales person has pointed out that it has wifi "all share" connectivity. I say the feature icon too on the panel. I was not very keen on smart series so thought of deciding on this.
You are right. D5000 does have wifi capabilities too and sharing via allshare. Also Samsung remote application works over wifi through my S2. Go for it and save some money as it has a fantastic picture quality and rest all features/inputs are same as the D5500.
Old 10th February 2012, 09:14   #5262
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats racingmachine. Thats a sweet deal.

Quote:
Its always better to keep lower contrast and brightness for the first week or 100 hrs. Use zoom to override the logos.

Quote:
As for the HD DTH I would recommend Dish tv. They are more economical, have better transmission quality 1080i in stead of TATA 's 1080p and they have more practical VOD options. I have both Tata HD+ (in Dilli) and Dish (in BOM) and have recently been offered a free upgrade from Dish SD to HD. If I pay a litttle extra I will get Dish HD recorder box which allows one to store programmes on an external memory device via a USB port.
I already had DISH but went for Big TV as it offers HD at 1080p and also the STB is 3D ready as they claim.

Last edited by v&v : 10th February 2012 at 09:15.
Old 10th February 2012, 10:15   #5263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn View Post
I was also looking to buy P42U30D but it has been discontinued as per Pana dealers. We then purchased 42X30D a week back and are completely satisfied by the PQ. Had compared PQ with a full HD LED side by side with X30 and found no difference in pixelation or details at a distance of 8 feet.

If your viewing distance is about 7-8 feet or greater, no need to go for Full HD as its just overkill and your eyes will observe no difference between HD ready and full HD for 42inch size.

Go for X30D as its fantastic VFM. You wont regret it.
Congratulations ! I am also interested in this model.

How much did you pay for it ?
How is the sound quality ?
What is the warranty period ? Any extended warranty option ?
Have you used the DLNA feature on this model ?

Rohan
Old 10th February 2012, 11:24   #5264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Congratulations ! I am also interested in this model.
How much did you pay for it ? Rohan
Got it from Croma for 33,240 all inclusive.
Quote:
How is the sound quality ?
Sound quality is good enough for normal viewing but LG was better.

Quote:
What is the warranty period ? Any extended warranty option ?
Standard warranty is 3 years. Croma provides extended warranty but did not opt for it as 3 years is sufficient to find out if any faults are present.

Quote:
Have you used the DLNA feature on this model ?
Yet to use this feature. Will update once used.
GearOn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 13:25   #5265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Bought my 2nd Samsung 40 incher LED recently, the UA40D5500 Smart TV @ 44K from Gaffar, Karol Bagh, Delhi (retails around 66~68K at the stores). WiFi dongle was 2K extra for internet connectivity. My previous model was UA40D5000 (@40K, using since 6 months now without issues) which is the same LED TV but without Smart capabilities and WiFi support, though it supports a Lan connection and transmits pictures/movies over wifi from mu Galaxy S2.

that is an amazing price. I got mine last month - UA40D5900 for 57k after a lot of haggling. How does this place manage such prices?
Have you tried using a LAN connection on your tv? Tried it on mine but it ain't able to find it & don't want to spend an extra 2k on the dongle cause then i will have to get a router at home also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks