Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 08:40   #5131
J.Ravi

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
IDid you consider this model during the search period?
Yes, I did. But, that was not within my budget.

Old 3rd January 2012, 08:54   #5132
BHPian

Got myself a Panasonic P40u30s full HD plasma for 41K from Devi Intnl.P40U30D are out of stock and P40U30S are imported from Singapore I guess. Donno what feature differences are there apart from the Non Japanese panel. Seems like this 42 inch is out of stock in many stores or the new 3d plasma models have replaced them. Checked the usage and I was the the first one to operate it . Though got a bit tempted with the neoplasma panel models and Samsung 5 series 51 inch model, had to drop them as they were quite expensive ( for the neo plasma) and limited 1 year warranty for the Samsung one.

I had my doubts about the way regular channels would look on the 42 inch . Am happy that they look quite okay.

Gotta check on HD channels after I get my Tatasky HD+ connection today.

LG 3D LED TVs seem to be quite good but still on the expensive side.
Old 4th January 2012, 14:38   #5133
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Please do share your entire experience - purchase, delivery, installation, demo etc with us.
Today, my new Samsung 40" LED TV got installed just a few hours back. I am fully satisfied with flipkart.com.
Name:  Flipkart.png
Views: 922
Size:  11.1 KB
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-dsc05663.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-dsc05665.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-dsc05667.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-dsc05669.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-dsc05671.jpg
  (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 15:21   #5134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, my new Samsung 40" LED TV got installed just a few hours back. I am fully satisfied with flipkart.com.
Thanks a lot Ravi for that detailed update.
Could you also pen down, how the experience has been with the new TV & do you have a HD box?

I ordered mine yesterday from the brick & mortar store but they don't have it in stock so it's gonna take them a week. After waiting for the delivery of my Swift now i have to wait even for a TV.

But in between, i got to look at Panasonic plasmas & when compared yes they do offer a better picture quality.

Does anyone have an idea of equivalent plasmas of Panasonic with a budget of around Rs.60000 which offer much better value for money than the Samsungs.
Old 4th January 2012, 15:47   #5135
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Could you also pen down, how the experience has been with the new TV & do you have a HD box?
FIR: PQ is superb. Right now, we are enjoying The Baby's Day Out in DVD. I have Tata Sky DTH using external Sony music system's speakers for TV output. I shall get Tata Sky HD shortly.

Old 6th January 2012, 12:38   #5136
BHPian

Bought a Sony Bravia 32NX520 for Rs. 33000/- from Sony center. A clock radio came along with 32NX520 as an assured gift from Sony which already has an in-built FM Radio.
Old 6th January 2012, 13:56   #5137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Bought a Sony Bravia 32NX520 for Rs. 33000/- from Sony center. A clock radio came along with 32NX520 as an assured gift from Sony which already has an in-built FM Radio.
Did you compare 32NX520 with 32CX420 ?

What is the difference between these 2 models ?

Rohan
Old 6th January 2012, 14:12   #5138
BHPian

Planning to buy Jazz led 42 inch for my living room.going for Jazz so as to not buy home theatre(don't like wires around room).Already have a ps3.Not a very big audiophile.Is my choice correct?thinking only lg because have very good friends at lg and two successful buys at 32 and 37 inch lcds.Choice is between Jazz n non Jazz models.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:23   #5139
BHPian

@drchernish - LG is good, i have a Samsung 40" LCD and a PS3. I would recommed a home theatre, turst me games with dolby digital just rock with the surround sound. If you are not into wires, you get wireless HT for the rear speakers but the front and center are still wired, which get hidden behind the setup. Sorry to throw a spanner into your plans but what about a 50" Plasma. After picking up the 40" and watching HD/FULL HD video sources Bigger is Better. I was playing MetalGearSolid 4 using the HT(Onkyo) and it just blows you a way.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:33   #5140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Did you compare 32NX520 with 32CX420 ?

What is the difference between these 2 models ?

Rohan
The features are almost same and so as the MRP. The major difference is in the looks. NX has a monolithic design (a glass covering in the front) and CX has a normal frame around the display.
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 15:25   #5141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Planning to buy Jazz led 42 inch for my living room.going for Jazz so as to not buy home theatre(don't like wires around room).Already have a ps3.Not a very big audiophile.Is my choice correct?thinking only lg because have very good friends at lg and two successful buys at 32 and 37 inch lcds.Choice is between Jazz n non Jazz models.
I am also considering LG 32 inch Jazz LCD (32LK430).

Any feedback on this model ?

Rohan
Old 6th January 2012, 15:49   #5142
BHPian

Lg 32 inch Jazz is a very good model.very good sound n video quality.
Old 6th January 2012, 15:54   #5143
BHPian

Lg 32 inch Jazz model is an excellent product , very satisfied with audio n video capabilities.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:24   #5144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@drchernish - LG is good, i have a Samsung 40" LCD and a PS3. I would recommed a home theatre, turst me games with dolby digital just rock with the surround sound. If you are not into wires, you get wireless HT for the rear speakers but the front and center are still wired, which get hidden behind the setup. Sorry to throw a spanner into your plans but what about a 50" Plasma. After picking up the 40" and watching HD/FULL HD video sources Bigger is Better. I was playing MetalGearSolid 4 using the HT(Onkyo) and it just blows you a way.
Is it the 5 series Samsung that you have?
Which 50 inch plasma would you suggest at the equivalent of a 40" Samsung LED?
Old 6th January 2012, 17:22   #5145
BHPian

@Avinash - Yes i have the 5 series 40" LCD, picked it up in Oct 2010.
As for Plasma, i was eyeing the Samsung 51" its a Series 5 also ,Full HD /3D Unit for around 67K. By the time i plan to pick up a 2nd unit the price may drop or screen size gets bigger
This also depends what soruce you are going to be watching. If its BD and HD Channels the size will be benificial also depending on the viewing distance.
3D is not a big selling point for me as no real content is there and the conversion is just not the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks