Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 15:48   #4981
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Great idea of gifting it to your parents.I'll try to answer your queries one at a time.I'm not an expert but it might help.
1. Regarding noise reduction-I don't see much of a difference when you are viewing regular channels.I've turned off and on these features on my set and there is not much difference while watching TataSKY.
2. Swivel/Tilt- If your TV is going to be wall mounted,these things wont matter.The swivel feature is with the stand and is useful when TV is placed on a lower stand.
3. Light sensor- The NX series is monolithic design wherein the LCD is covered by glass which decreases the glare so that could be the reason for it not having light sensor.

Lastly,dont go by the price quoted on the website.I recently purchased a 40" BRAVIA LCD and was in a dilemma whether to go for BX or CX or NX series.Went ahead for BX420 KLV-40BX420 : BX420 Series : BRAVIA and i paid Rs.45,000/- for it with bill and genuine warranty.

I have not taken the extended warranty.
Thanks.
I did not specified that it will be on stand and not wall mounted so swivel can be a good option.

So as far as i understand by your reply paying 3k more for NX is not worth it right?

Alsoat Sony showroom the guy informed me that CX520 is not sold by sony in India and all the ones available are in grey and comes via bangkok etc. Is this true?
Old 14th October 2011, 17:26   #4982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Alsoat Sony showroom the guy informed me that CX520 is not sold by sony in India and all the ones available are in grey and comes via bangkok etc. Is this true?
Sony India has listed only 46" model KDL-46CX520

KDL-46CX520 : CX520 Series : BRAVIA

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 14th October 2011 at 17:27.
Old 14th October 2011, 23:56   #4983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Sony India has listed only 46" model KDL-46CX520

KDL-46CX520 : CX520 Series : BRAVIA
However in grey market it is available in 32 inches.
Old 15th October 2011, 14:00   #4984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
However in grey market it is available in 32 inches.
As far as i know and have seen,all the models are available through Sony India and are also shown on website.I've myself seen them at my dealer in 32" but CX series in 40" was sold out so he didn't have it.It might be possible that the dealer at your end told you so due to non-availability of the said model with them.You can check the first page of today's Times of India,NCR edition,it carries a full page ad.I hope some of your doubts are clear.
Old 18th October 2011, 09:58   #4985
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to check if anyone here has tried Calibrating their display panels with DVE HD Basic Calibration for better performance or getting the best picture quality.
Joe Kane Productions

Here's a video guide

Have ordered for Vivitek Qumi Hd LED pocket projector for use in home as well as office. Image projection size upto 90".

Last edited by Invinsible : 18th October 2011 at 10:11.
Old 18th October 2011, 15:34   #4986
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys need help here. I am planning to buy a LCD/ Plasma TV soon and would like your inputs. My specifications are simple -

42/46" below 50k
  1. Which are the best brand/ models for the requirement
  2. Should I go for LCD or plasma (LEDs are out unless within the price)
  3. Why LCD or plasma
Old 18th October 2011, 16:19   #4987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hi guys need help here. I am planning to buy a LCD/ Plasma TV soon and would like your inputs. My specifications are simple -

42/46" below 50k
  3. Why LCD or plasma
Dont buy LCD, buy either LED or plasma. Google them for benefits and comparison between them. In short LED and Plasma lead with better viewing experience then LCD. Plasma's are cheaper as compared to LED.

Panasonic are a leader in Plasma, in LCD there are many. Do visit some of the showrooms and see the viewing experience and decide. We felt Plasma was more soothing to the eye. Panasonic store in Kormangala offer better deals then the rest. We bought our one from there.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:13   #4988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Dont buy LCD, buy either LED or plasma.

We felt Plasma was more soothing to the eye. Panasonic store in Kormangala offer better deals then the rest. We bought our one from there.
What was the size/ model no of the TV bought by you at what price and when was it purchased?

Also have heard that plasma is good for rooms that have a dimmer ambient light where as LCD/ LED works better even with well / sun lit rooms. My living room is bright with a lot of light coming in when we keep the windows and blinds open.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:23   #4989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What was the size/ model no of the TV bought by you at what price and when was it purchased?

Also have heard that plasma is good for rooms that have a dimmer ambient light where as LCD/ LED works better even with well / sun lit rooms. My living room is bright with a lot of light coming in when we keep the windows and blinds open.
We bought a Panasonic last year (VIERA TH-P50V20D) it costed me over 1L and we all find it excellent in terms of picture quality and eye strain. Its a 50 inch Plasma.

We were never looking for LCD's the only options were LED or Plasma, and for this sized LED they were twice as expensive as Plasma, and we also felt slight eye strain when watching LED. Hence choose the plasma.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:36   #4990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Use curtains to bring down the light in the room and use Plasma. This will give you the best viewing experience and the least strain for your eyes. You will love your Plasmas after 6pm.

But, if there is no way for you to dim the light inside the room, I would recommend LED Displays instead.

If Plasma, go for Panasonic. If LED, go for Sony/Samsung/Panasonic/Sharp/LG depending on what is more important for you.

50" Full HD Panasonic Plasma should cost you in the range of 50k. I know a fellow bhpian who bought a 42" Full HD Panasonic Plasma ( 42U30d ) for 40k and he just loves the performance.

PS: I own an HD Ready ( Costed 35k ) 42" Plasma ( 42X30D ), and absolutely love the viewing experience.

Last edited by amalji : 19th October 2011 at 13:38.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:32   #4991
BHPian

Quote:

42/46" below 50k
  3. Why LCD or plasma
Though it is possibly advisable to go for LEDs now, you can get a decent 42'' LCD from LG under 50K. I bought one few months back (LED prices are all upwards of 60K for 40-42'') and pretty happy with the picture - even with only a SD Tata Sky, not a HD box. But please ensure that it is mounted at a reasonably long viewing distance to get the best picture clarity.
Old 19th October 2011, 19:32   #4992
BHPian

Is the warranty period the same on a plasma/LCD/LED? That of a year?
& guess at the sweet spot of 50k for 40 ~ 42 inch screens, LEDs are ruled out so that brings it down to plasmas & LCDs.
Old 19th October 2011, 19:59   #4993
BHPian

Quote:

42/46" below 50k
  3. Why LCD or plasma
If you can drive down to Hosur, possibly you will get a ~15+% reduction from Bangalore price.
Last week one of my friend bought a 32"Sony EX520 for 40.6k from Hosur and Bangalore price was 48k!
So decide the model and go for a weekend drive. You can also find some great deals for crackers to celebrate diwali.
Old 19th October 2011, 20:51   #4994
Senior - BHPian

Guys, this is little off topic! Kindly help!!

I have a Samsung LA40**** (Full HD 1080p) LCD TV bought about three years back. It is used hardly for 500 hrs. Since yesterday, the picture is blurred most of the time. Does anyone know what could be the issue by seeing following images?
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tv1.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tv2.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tv3.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tv4.jpg  

Old 20th October 2011, 05:32   #4995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
50" Full HD Panasonic Plasma should cost you in the range of 50k. I know a fellow bhpian who bought a 42" Full HD Panasonic Plasma ( 42U30d ) for 40k and he just loves the performance.

PS: I own an HD Ready ( Costed 35k ) 42" Plasma ( 42X30D ), and absolutely love the viewing experience.
Thanks Amalji. What are the power consumption figures? That was a big negative for Plasmas compared to LCD/LED. Is it improved in the newer models of the Pana plasmas?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks