Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 15:32   #4951
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Bought a Sony 40" KLV-40BX420 alongwith a Sony Hometheatre DAV-TZ210 for 55k last week.Then upgraded my TataSKY to HD and whoa,what a difference.I'm loving it.I'm not a techno buff and am happy with my setup.
Old 10th October 2011, 01:08   #4952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Bought a Sony 40" KLV-40BX420 alongwith a Sony Hometheatre DAV-TZ210 for 55k last week.Then upgraded my TataSKY to HD and whoa,what a difference.I'm loving it.I'm not a techno buff and am happy with my setup.
Is that the starting range of Sony 40"? & did you do a comparison between equivalent Samsung & LG models?
Planning to buy one so could do with the research you did.
Old 10th October 2011, 12:57   #4953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Is that the starting range of Sony 40"? & did you do a comparison between equivalent Samsung & LG models?
Planning to buy one so could do with the research you did.
Yup,i guess this is the starting price for Sony 40" Full HD LCD TV.The MRP is Rs 53,999/- for the TV and Rs 12,999/- for the Home Theater.I paid Rs 45,000/- for the TV and Rs.11,000/- for the Home Theater.,I did not compare any other brand as we already have a 3 yr old Sony Bravia 32" without any problem and wanted to go for Sony.Maybe but i don't have anything to complain.
Old 10th October 2011, 13:01   #4954
BHPian

Quote:
Yup,i guess this is the starting price for Sony 40" Full HD LCD TV.The MRP is Rs 53,999/- for the TV and Rs 12,999/- for the Home Theater.I paid Rs 45,000/- for the TV and Rs.11,000/- for the Home Theater.,I did not compare any other brand as we already have a 3 yr old Sony Bravia 32" without any problem and wanted to go for Sony.Maybe but i don't have anything to complain.
That's a huuuuge discount. It's like at the price(original) of the LCD you got a home theater free. Is it a 5.1 (model number)? How's the experience been & i must add, I envy you.
Old 10th October 2011, 16:54   #4955
BHPian

bought a Sharp Acquos 40 inch full hd lcd for 32k, amazing sound and picture clarity

Last edited by s.prashanth : 10th October 2011 at 16:54. Reason: not mentioned size
s.prashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 17:41   #4956
Senior - BHPian

Had bought a Panasonic ST-30D plasma in July so my impressions after 500 hours of usage, since we had a Sony V series most points will be in comparison to that:

1. SD performance-pretty ok say 7/10. Though the colors are natural when compared to the old one, the plasma is not as sharp as the LCD was.

2. HD performance-Mind blowing!! Watching Discovery HD is a feast to the eyes!! Way better than our old lcd. A 9/10 for this.

3. Image retention(IR)- Only if i run break-in slides and observe deeply do i see a few channel logos that are watched for long hours. Not a bother while watching regular tv or even DVD's.

4. Movies: Not much of a movie buff, but from the few i watched it certainly was good. The TV brings old DVD's back to life ! You feel like watching old DVD's because the color reproduction is far better than my lcd.

Hope it helps!
Old 10th October 2011, 20:11   #4957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
bought a Sharp Acquos 40 inch full hd lcd for 32k, amazing sound and picture clarity
32k for a 40 inch??? That's like the holy grail.
Can you list out the specs & what is the warranty offered?
Old 10th October 2011, 22:42   #4958
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Prashanth...where did you buy this from ?? Warranty ??
Old 11th October 2011, 09:49   #4959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's a huuuuge discount. It's like at the price(original) of the LCD you got a home theater free. Is it a 5.1 (model number)? How's the experience been & i must add, I envy you.
Kind of true for what you said . The Home Theater is DAV-TZ210 with 5.1 configuration.The experience is great although the center speaker works only when i play DVDs with Dolby Digital/DTS,not sure if this should be the case.Have not tried any attempt at various formats of files through USB,will try and keep updated.As far as envy part is concerned,i'll add that i was also provided a HDMI cable with it(it is sold separately with this model)!
Old 11th October 2011, 10:43   #4960
BHPian

Quote:
Kind of true for what you said . The Home Theater is DAV-TZ210 with 5.1 configuration.The experience is great although the center speaker works only when i play DVDs with Dolby Digital/DTS,not sure if this should be the case.Have not tried any attempt at various formats of files through USB,will try and keep updated.As far as envy part is concerned,i'll add that i was also provided a HDMI cable with it(it is sold separately with this model)!
That makes it even sweeter. You sure no relative of yours works at this showroom?
I have been confused between a 32" & 40". Want the 40", but below 50k haven't been able to get one with all the specs i was looking for. Would you know the refresh rate on the set you bought?
Old 11th October 2011, 11:52   #4961
BHPian

Quote:
32k for a 40 inch??? That's like the holy grail.
Can you list out the specs & what is the warranty offered?

it standard 1 yr warranty from sharp. not aware of model no. as i gifted it but check the website.

bought it at modern world , bangalore
Old 11th October 2011, 12:07   #4962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the LCD tv.

Could you tell us what video formats are supported to be played from USB port. This information is not available in the product specs on the website.

Rohan
Old 11th October 2011, 12:36   #4963
Senior - BHPian

Any idea where in Mumbai I could have look at Panasonic Plasma, Croma doesn't seem to be dealing with it, atleast the one in Juhu.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:55   #4964
Senior - BHPian

Hypercity Malad and Vijay Sales Malad (in Inorbit) had Panasonic plasma last time I checked. This was few months back.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:28   #4965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Congratulations on the LCD tv.

Could you tell us what video formats are supported to be played from USB port. This information is not available in the product specs on the website.

Rohan
It is available on the Sony India site:

Supported File Formats for USB Compatible Sony TVs : Compatibility : Sony India
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks