Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 16:09   #4906
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Condor & mayankjha1806; LCD's it will be.

Guess I should stick to Pana or Samsung?
Then it should be Samsung. Samsung picture processing seems better than Panasonic.
Old 25th August 2011, 19:36   #4907
BHPian

Re: Panasonic Plasma TH-P42U30D?

Guys,

Please advice/suggest/comment on panasonic plasma TH-P42U30D full HD TV(3 years warranty). Would this be a good buy at 48K? I am considering this for living room.
Old 25th August 2011, 19:54   #4908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Guys,

Please advice/suggest/comment on panasonic plasma TH-P42U30D full HD TV(3 years warranty). Would this be a good buy at 48K? I am considering this for living room.
Panasonic's are good, last year i bought VIERA TH-P50V20D it costed me over 1L and we all find it excellent in terms of picture quality and eye strain. I would advise you to safely go ahead and buy the plasma if you are ok with the price. You would get excellent picture quality as compared to LCD's and in some cases as good as LED's. Do look at my previous post for links (Articles) comparing LCD/LED/Plasma.
Old 26th August 2011, 16:18   #4909
BHPian

Need Advice

Hi,

I am looking for a bedroom TV. Hence looking for a size lesser than 21". I have two options in my mind:

1. 22" LCD TV
2. 18" LCD Computer Monitor + TV Tuner Card.

I would be connecting my laptop to it, for watching movies. What do the experts suggest?

Regards,
MaSh

PS:
1. Connection would be either Airtel or Tata Sky, both SD.
2. Budget INR <15k

Last edited by mashmash : 26th August 2011 at 16:21.
Old 26th August 2011, 21:28   #4910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Guys,

48K seems to be a higher price. Try to bargain it.
I saw this tv last week and really liked the pic clarity.

Last edited by devil_klm : 26th August 2011 at 21:36.
Old 28th August 2011, 18:25   #4911
BHPian

my friend just bought a overhead projector and screen from EPSON for some 60K. He will be setting up the same by tomorrow or in a couple of days.

question:
how good is a projector / screen to view - 1) regular tv 2) movies and 3) sports.

since the basic objective is to watch tv for one or all of the above 3.

the only drawbacks i feel could be 1) if there is no home theatre to give you a good sound effect. however note that the size of the image can be increased to one's desire -provided there is enough space to increase the size of the image depending upon roo size.

if i do get positive reviews - maybe even I might buy a projector and screen
Old 28th August 2011, 18:49   #4912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
question:
how good is a projector / screen to view - 1) regular tv 2) movies and 3) sports.

since the basic objective is to watch tv for one or all of the above 3.

the only drawbacks i feel could be 1) if there is no home theatre to give you a good sound effect. however note that the size of the image can be increased to one's desire -provided there is enough space to increase the size of the image depending upon roo size.

if i do get positive reviews - maybe even I might buy a projector and screen
Projectors are generally good for viewing high definition content. A normal PAL signal on projector would not be a good experience and the picture may look blurred/jittered. The best content form to watch would be a 3D blueray disc, but they are generally costly. Then the 3D DVDs combined with a 3D capable DVD player / or 3D capable media streamer would convert your home to a personal movie hall.

With HD DTH you can have a lot of fun with the digital channels. Especially the HD sports channels and pay-per-view channels where you can purchase recent movies.

Room size is not a major concern for increasing the picture size with overhead projectors these days. You can adjust the picture size to certain extend without moving the projector physically.

IMHO, the best way to purchase a DLP projector is to get it from US. It will workout really cheap. Buy it from BestBuy or similar where you can order one or two extra lamps which is the major thing that can go wrong on a DLP, so that serviceability will not be an issue. But make sure that the projector can run at 220v too before buying from the US.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 28th August 2011 at 18:52.
Old 3rd September 2011, 21:22   #4913
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried LED 3D tv. We went to Croma and took a look at LG. Not sure of the options available. Contemplating if i should buy one or not and depending on some of the changes in life i might buy one high end LED 3D tv for family to enjoy movies. Any recommendations that folks have. If i buy it will be surely upwards of 50 inches as i already have a 50 inch TV.
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:33   #4914
BHPian

^^ Just had a demo of Sony 46HX925 (active 3D), LG LW5700 (passive 3D).
Was mighty impressed with Sony 46HX925, the dark blacks were real good, the 3D experience was wonderful. The prices dropped yesterday and now the 46HX925 costs 1.53 L.
May be I will be targetting one during Diwali.
Old 9th September 2011, 08:12   #4915
BHPian

Hi
I had been planning to buy a plasma/ LED for quite some time now. Had shortlisted Viera P50V20 earlier and now the price quoted for it is 98thousand with free netgear or 96thousand without the net gear. Yesterday had visited the croma for a refrigerator and saw Samsung LED Series 6 US46D6000, at a offer price of 96thousand. Played with it for some time and was happy with the picture quality. I compared with Sony (40" for 80thousand) and LG (46" for 88 thousand). Spend close to two hours and want to go with Samsung 3D LED. Could not find lot of reviews on the net. After some discussion the sales guy knocked down another 5thousand of the price and also threw in croma's extended warranty for additional 2 years worth 3000 rupees. Got to take the call today. So what do you guys think. Cheers
Old 13th September 2011, 12:05   #4916
BHPian

HI

I have always bought SONY TV's have a 32 " bravia bought in 2008 and is working fine.
Now want to shift that to bedroom and buy a 46" 3D tv. restricted to 46 or 48" max due to living room size.

Went to Reliance digital and checked the 3D tv's, we liked Sony and LG(47") a lot. Wifey likes LG as the glasses are simple and cheaper, SONY Glasses are bulky and expensive, We have a 5 year old son(monster version), so LG glasses are better i belive.
Also LG seems to have more features and supports all formats of input unlike sony.
Even 3D picture quality was better in LG, however the normal TV seems to be better in SONY, SONY has better EMI options than LG.

Please let me know if going for LG is OK? as I have not bought a LG product so far, price is not a factor and they are both priced almost same.
Old 13th September 2011, 12:35   #4917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn
HI

I have always bought SONY TV's have a 32 " bravia bought in 2008 and is working fine....
I have the sony 32" led 3d model (IIRC it is kdl-32 ex720). IMHO 3d technology of LG is superior than SONY. I liked the 2d features of sony more than lg. I went with the SONY because of the reliablity and also the fact that i would not be watching 3d content for more than a couple of hours. So no fear of head aches and not many disadvantages of active 3d.
Old 13th September 2011, 12:40   #4918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
We have a 5 year old son(monster version), so LG glasses are better i belive.

Also LG seems to have more features and supports all formats of input unlike sony.
, Well nothing is safe (really nothing) if he is a monster version. So rather than looking at survival look at if it breaks are there options to buy more of them (just in case).

Sony is bad when it comes to media format support, always they usually are last ones to support any format by default, i am from the Sony hater group but have seen Sony tv's lasting a lifetime. LG's are good too so i don't think you should be unduly worried.
Old 13th September 2011, 12:54   #4919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
I had been planning to buy a plasma/ LED for quite some time now. Had shortlisted Viera P50V20 earlier and now the price quoted for it is 98thousand with free netgear or 96thousand without the net gear. Yesterday had visited the croma for a refrigerator and saw Samsung LED Series 6 US46D6000, at a offer price of 96thousand. Played with it for some time and was happy with the picture quality. I compared with Sony (40" for 80thousand) and LG (46" for 88 thousand). Spend close to two hours and want to go with Samsung 3D LED. Could not find lot of reviews on the net. After some discussion the sales guy knocked down another 5thousand of the price and also threw in croma's extended warranty for additional 2 years worth 3000 rupees. Got to take the call today. So what do you guys think. Cheers
P50V20 is available for around 75K in Bangalore. The price in chennai seems to be too steep. Check out some other dealers.
Old 13th September 2011, 13:44   #4920
Distinguished - BHPian

We are contemplating to buy in a month's time,a 40" Sony Bravia LCD TV and have to decide amongst KLV-40BX420,KLV-40NX520,KLV-40CX420 and KDL-40CX520.We have a TATASky SD connection with 32" Bravia(2 years old) and will be upgrading to HD with this new TV.All have nearly same features.I'm confused. help.Budget is around 60k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks