Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2011, 22:23   #4786
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Why plasma tvs are not recommended for gaming even though it has higher motion flow rates and contrast ration than that of LCD and led?
There goes a saying that playing games causes screen burn in plasma. Don't know to what extent that is true though.
Old 20th June 2011, 16:09   #4787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
A slightly lower model is available on Ebay for 46K did you manage a good deal thru your friend?
SAMSUNG UA40D5000 40" LED TV +DEALERS WARRANTY | eBay

I got mine for 54K. Its still 10K less than from the price quoted by outside shops and even Samsung Showroom. Somehow, don't feel like buying so expensive from ebay!
Old 20th June 2011, 16:10   #4788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Being able to lay your hands on the D550 is as good as winning a lottery in bangalore. None of them have it in stock and one dude who had it was quoting an atrocious price.

I waited for over 10 days and couldnt get one, finally ended up picking up the Panny 50 inch plasma.
Are you sure you couldn't find a D550? I got mine in 2 days because it was out of stock.
Was told it will take 6 days but was ready in 2 days.
BTW, i bought it from a Samsung employee under their discounted price for 54K including installation etc.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 20th June 2011 at 16:12.
Old 20th June 2011, 16:59   #4789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Recently bought Samsung 40" LED TV from states along with Panasonic BDP110 and some other stuff.It was a big upgrade from 10yr old 21" CRT TV and wait was worth it.
Picture quality is just breathtaking with HD channel and blu-ray discs but buying LED Tv is proving to be very expensive for me.Spent around 20K for custom made cabinet,10K for BR discs and 5K for HD Dish TV.lol
Hi,

Was any custom paid at IGI? I also want to bring 1 for me from US.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:01   #4790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
There goes a saying that playing games causes screen burn in plasma. Don't know to what extent that is true though.

Those were in the good old days. I have a Panasonic Plasma and its connected to my PS2/3 and Wii. No problem with burn ins. I'm sure you are not going to leave your TV and gaming console on for more than 1 hour if you don't intend to play. Why waste electricity?

@NetFreak: You are right. Plasma TVs don't bring in the moolah. So are not pushed.

Please go ahead and read any good online HDTV review and you will typically see Plasma TVs top the list or atleast make it to the top 5.
Old 21st June 2011, 09:23   #4791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Are you sure you couldn't find a D550? I got mine in 2 days because it was out of stock.
Was told it will take 6 days but was ready in 2 days.
BTW, i bought it from a Samsung employee under their discounted price for 54K including installation etc.
LOL I wouldn't be posting here otherwise . Searched almost every other place in town and none of them had it in stock. Stock reached one place and like I said the price was atrocious.
Old 21st June 2011, 10:54   #4792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
Hi,

Was any custom paid at IGI? I also want to bring 1 for me from US.
The stuff arrived at Amritsar airport but its same all over India.The custom was paid at the rate of about 33% over the limit of $500.You just have to make sure that the invoice/bill is with you when you arrive at the airport o/w custom officials will calculate the duty as per Indian prices.
BTW TV is absolutely sunning in PQ and its on sale in US these days.
rsjaurr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 11:18   #4793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A slightly lower model is available on Ebay for 46K did you manage a good deal thru your friend?
SAMSUNG UA40D5000 40" LED TV +DEALERS WARRANTY | eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I got mine for 54K. Its still 10K less than from the price quoted by outside shops and even Samsung Showroom. Somehow, don't feel like buying so expensive from ebay!
The ebay is cheaper as it might be a display piece or re-seller piece. it does not come with manufacturor warranty but only has dealer warranty.

Last edited by dipen : 21st June 2011 at 11:19.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:11   #4794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The ebay is cheaper as it might be a display piece or re-seller piece. it does not come with manufacturor warranty but only has dealer warranty.
the description says its brand new/undamaged, anyway even I'm skeptical about buying online in India...
If anyone purchased a LCD/LED from Ebay, they can share their experience as they are lot cheaper than showroom price.
eg Sony 40CX520 when inquired in sony centre was 60K, on Ebay its 40K, thats a whopping 20K diff.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:27   #4795
Senior - BHPian

Recently converted my new house's living room into a Sony room.

First came the 32' FullHD LCD called CX42 (34,990/-). Excellent picture quality, user friendly remote and more than enough features. I can view photos from a USB pen drive or play movies from the same.

Then came the AirTel HD set top box. The word is WOW! The HD channels make TV viewing experience to an unseen level. Its almost like watching a scene from your window. Extremely sharp, crystal clear and absolutely natural colours. Friends of mine who have Tata Sky, Videocon, BIG Tv and other DTH commented that Airtel DTH is THE best.

Then came the speakers. Again SONY. I bought a humble 2.1 speaker set of Sony for about 3.5k which has good enough Bass and pretty good overall output. Goes well with the TV.

And then came the Blu Ray Disc player again from Sony. Icing on the cake. Till Blu Ray came, HD channels rocked the house. Blu Ray beats everything that was there before. The unbelievable picture quality and the simply mind blowing sound quality leaves you shocked. We could not believe that the same speakers that we had before Blu Ray came, are sounding so damn different and better now. Blu Ray rocks...totally. BDP costed around 8k for me with some dealer discount and exchange of my old DVD player. Only issue is Blu Ray discs are bloody expensive. I bought the Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows BD for 1490/-.

Overall, I am satisfied with Sony quality and even the pricing for that matter. Sony was also termed expensive and was too. But no more. Its like how international companies like BMW, Toyota realized the VFM factor, Sony is also realizing it. Better late than never.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:09   #4796
Senior - BHPian

Most LCD's on ebay have a listing as dealers warranty. Which means its like grey market buy with no manufacturer warranty. Thats why its listed 8-9k less then the ones you buy in the showrooms.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:13   #4797
BHPian

Update : I had a word with some Samsung dealers here. They seem to have a new panel in the Samsung LA40D550. The version / batch number of the same is HN01. I have asked them to let me know if they can find a SS or SQ version / batch number. But how is this HN series? Is it any good? I had only read about SS, SQ, CN, BN, AA and AC series and this is something new now.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:24   #4798
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been quoted 43.5k for 40inch Samsung series 5 LCD. Is this a good price?

What other options do I have in this price range?
Old 28th June 2011, 19:21   #4799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Panel lottery is applicable to all Samsungs but its easy to identify the panel type from the box itself. If the batch number begins with SQ then its a Samsung, if its AA then its an AU Optronics. If its a CN, stay away and don't take delivery - you'll get the lousy CMO panels.

The D series seemingly has better electronics than the C series though I couldn't notice any difference in image quality.
Hi reignofchaos,
I'm planning to buy a Samsung 40C7000, should I watch out for the panel type for this model?
Your comments are appreciated.
thx
Old 28th June 2011, 20:21   #4800
Senior - BHPian

^^AFAIK The LED backlit models are all samsung panels. No need to worry.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks