Senior - BHPian

Re: not quite 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was it Binatone ?
IIRC, It was Nikitasha.
Old 25th April 2011, 21:46   #4637
BANNED

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Yup - Rx135 - you are right.

I now recall that the TV which used London Bridge in its ads was indeed Binatone, but it was Nikitasha which claimed 3D capabilities.

It is too far back in time; I hope I am right.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:10   #4638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk15 View Post
Its available for 72k here in Kota, Rajasthan and that also without any freebies. Is this a true 100hz panel. panny site is not too specific abt specifications.

LG 42LE5300 is being quoted at 53k here and specs, on paper seem , similar..
Yes, its a 100hz panel.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:51   #4639
Team-BHP Support

Finally ive decided on a tv for myself. It will be the new series 5 51" plasma from Samsung. It should be available in 2 weeks and im getting quite a good deal on it.

But need your help guys, I need another tv. Budget about 45-47k, what is the largest tv I can get in that? Only for normal cable tv, full hd is not important.
Old 26th April 2011, 15:32   #4640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Hi,

Picked up a Sony Bravia 40Ex400 40" LCD for 52,200. MRP is 58,900...Got a Airtel HD Dish TV pack free with that ( available only on initial recharge of 1000, to avail free installation and Free 3 months economy pack + HD Package)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
...new series 5 51" plasma from Samsung. ....I need another tv. Budget about 45-47k, ..
Hi,

Congratulations on your Samsung purchase. You might want to have a look at the offer that i picked up on my Sony 40' LCD.
Old 26th April 2011, 15:46   #4641
BHPian

Hello Buddies.

Recently got home a 55" Samsung Series 8, 3D LED and to compliment that have switched my Tata Sky + box to the HD + and its been a blessing in disguise. We watched the entire world cup + the ongoing IPL in Full HD.

I also added a 5.1 channel Harmon/kardon HT speakers with a Yamaha 7.1 Channel receiver.

Watching TV was never so much fun.
Old 26th April 2011, 18:22   #4642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hello Buddies.

Recently got home a 55" Samsung Series 8, 3D LED and to compliment that have switched my Tata Sky + box to the HD + and its been a blessing in disguise. We watched the entire world cup + the ongoing IPL in Full HD.

I also added a 5.1 channel Harmon/kardon HT speakers with a Yamaha 7.1 Channel receiver.

Watching TV was never so much fun.

Hey Speed

What did you pay for the 55" and more specifically for your Harmon Kardon 5.1's and Channel receiver ?

If you could update - installation, prize, pics - would be SUPER!!

Keep Enjoying!!
Old 26th April 2011, 22:39   #4643
BANNED

+1 to that - speed-freak - we have a dedicated home theatre thread here.

I am looking forward to your buying experience (for the HT part) there.
Old 27th April 2011, 16:39   #4644
BHPian

@akshay1234

What are the points made you to go for new 5 series 51" plasma as their own website says that old 5 series 50" is much better than the new one(compare both on Samsung India site and it tells which is best) as I was about to finalise it(PS50C550) in March but have waited for new models to come.
Old 27th April 2011, 17:42   #4645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
@akshay1234

What are the points made you to go for new 5 series 51" plasma as their own website says that old 5 series 50" is much better than the new one(compare both on Samsung India site and it tells which is best) as I was about to finalise it(PS50C550) in March but have waited for new models to come.
New 5 series Samsung plasma is 3D enabled also has a real black filter which improves the contrast. Please see the following link.

The TV worth watching - PS51D550C1M 51" Series 5 Plasma - Plasma TV - Television | SAMSUNG

Hope this is the same model available in India as well.
Old 27th April 2011, 19:16   #4646
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
@akshay1234

If you compare both, it just says the tick mark means best. This is written on the left side, so you may have assumed the tv on the left was best. Actually it is on there on the comparison sheet if you see.

Ive decided on this, and going to make the payment in the next few days. Basically because it is cheaper than the older series 5 while giving you 3D, and a minutely larger screen size, and a little lighter in weight.

Kevin - Yes that is the tv, it will be in stock in 15 days.
Old 27th April 2011, 21:42   #4647
BANNED

Spike Buster goes bust!! (thanks god)

Today, I almost broke into tears just as HH Sai Baba was being laid to rest.

No; I am no Sai Baba fan; just that the transformer somewhere on the power grid decided to violently and audibly malfunction precisely at that point of time, and at the end of resultant voltage fluctuations; the inverter was overloaded and TV (a 32 inch Haier LCD, if you had noticed my small post sometime back) was dead. The Inverter usually takes a lot more load, and we were concerned.

The TV was fed from a Belkin spike buster (thanks to all you guys on this forum - but cannot remember which thread it was), and that in turn fed the STB and the blu ray player too. I finally decided to eliminate load after load from the buster, and finally, was left with nothing except with the bare spike buster and the inverter was still tripping. I connected the TV directly to the mains, and thankfully, it worked; but could not view the "event" since the STB had no power source.

Finally, power came on after a long time; and could smell burning plastic when I tried the spike buster again.

So, took out the spike buster which was protecting my computer (had one between the UPS and the computer hehehe - experience), and things were working as usual.

They were showing the credits after the event. ;-(

Moral - (a) use a spike buster - a burnt ₹600 worth spike buster is better than ₹ 60K worth TV and related equipment.

(b) there is indeed somebody up there who did not want us watching that.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 07:22   #4648
BHPian

@akshay1234-

Indeed a very good decision. I own the PSC7000 series plasma.
It has stellar picture quality. Much better than Panasonic V series. Also with the 3D compatibility it is the best buy in this price range.

Please check Plasma TV Buying Guide: Plasma TV Reviews, HDTV Ratings, Pricing and Comparisons for picture settings to get the best out of your TV. I believe your model comes with the web browser and QWERT remote.
Old 28th April 2011, 11:19   #4649
Team-BHP Support

Re: Spike Buster goes bust!! (thanks god)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

No; I am no Sai Baba fan;

Moral - (a) use a spike buster - a burnt ₹600 worth spike buster is better than ₹ 60K worth TV and related equipment.

Wonderful post! Had me in splits.

I really should get a Belkin spike buster as well. Had seen it at Croma, but for some reason thought of gettign it later. Shall buy one over the weekend.
Old 28th April 2011, 15:03   #4650
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spike Buster goes bust!! (thanks god)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

So, took out the spike buster which was protecting my computer (had one between the UPS and the computer hehehe - experience), and things were working as usual.

The good spike busters have a "Semiconductor Fuse" which blows very fast if the threshold voltage is exceeded. You are lucky to have it in the spike buster. The part should be available in any electronics component store at a fraction of the cost of the whole piece. It is DIY job to replace it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks