Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 16:10   #4486
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Question for plasma owners running on a DTH connection:

So to avoid DTH logo burn-in, recommended is to follow the required 100hr burn-in process - running the slides using the ZOOM function so the logo is not visible?

Is this true or there more to it?
Will this resolve the issue permanently. Like what happens when watching the world cup for example (in Non-zoom mode aka normal mode) for a continuous 8hrs or so ?
Old 8th March 2011, 01:34   #4487
Distinguished - BHPian

Blown away by my series 7 40inch LED. Def worth the price of 78k I paid.
Samsung Internet tv apps are wicked! YouTube, fb,twitter,skype,google maps,usnews,weather,etc. The news app can sit as a footer on the bottom when tv viewing and displays latest news updates subtly below.
Sure does feel like the future of tvs a big leap from regular LCD tvs. And this is only the start of the 3d tv revolution!
Old 8th March 2011, 11:20   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Question for plasma owners running on a DTH connection:

So to avoid DTH logo burn-in, recommended is to follow the required 100hr burn-in process - running the slides using the ZOOM function so the logo is not visible?

Is this true or there more to it?
Will this resolve the issue permanently. Like what happens when watching the world cup for example (in Non-zoom mode aka normal mode) for a continuous 8hrs or so ?
I did not do any of the above on my Panasonic 42V20 and I did not have any such mentioned problems.
Old 8th March 2011, 14:21   #4489
Senior - BHPian

I did not find any other appropriate thread for my query, hence posting it here.

What is the customs/ import duty to get an LCD TV from overseas to India?
A little bit of searching revealed that it is around 24%.

Any one tried importing LCD/ LED TV recently?
Old 8th March 2011, 14:39   #4490
Senior - BHPian

If you are bringing it in as part of baggage, duty is flat 35%+cess (approx 3%) on the amount that exceeds 25k. This is regardless of item.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:43   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I did not do any of the above on my Panasonic 42V20 and I did not have any such mentioned problems.
That is definitely a good news. Thanks
Old 8th March 2011, 17:08   #4492
BHPian

I got a chance to check out the Panasonic 50' Plasma 3D TV with attached Sony home theater system with 3D Blu-ray player in a specially made home theater, and boy! I was extremely impressed with the whole setup and the stunning technology of 3D TV. It was a really jaw dropping experience.

Now I think its really worth buying these set instead of normal Plasma TV, and for that I have to start some serious savings!
Old 9th March 2011, 08:31   #4493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thanks turbo head. I managed to order it for 78k. At this price its a no brainer !! Well worth it.

Samsung has gone the Sony way with it's pricing called MOP below which dealers cannot sell. The current MOP of 40inch series 7 is 88k. Through a reference I'm getting it for 10k cheaper although billing will be at 88k itself.

Most stores are still selling at the original price of 1.10L and haven't yet passed on the price drop.
Congratulations Sahil, at this price its indeed a steal.

However the one you get for 1.10L comes with lots of goodies to compensate, which include :

1. A 3D Blue Ray Disk Player (Model no.6900)
2. 3 3D Goggles
3. 5-6 3D Movies
4. 3D Games
5. Ultra Slim Wall Mount
6. Dish TV HD Connection

and few things more (this is all I could recall), but barring BD Player & Goggles, the deal is not worth (though Samsung claims the price of the freebies as 70K).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Blown away by my series 7 40inch LED. Def worth the price of 78k I paid.
Samsung Internet tv apps are wicked! YouTube, fb,twitter,skype,google maps,usnews,weather,etc. The news app can sit as a footer on the bottom when tv viewing and displays latest news updates subtly below.
Sure does feel like the future of tvs a big leap from regular LCD tvs. And this is only the start of the 3d tv revolution!
Internet applications sounds exciting, will surely try to experiment the same.
Old 10th March 2011, 13:33   #4494
BHPian

How is the Philips 6000 series LED tv? I am looking at the 46 inches one (price is around 90k). Anything better than that in that price range?
Old 14th March 2011, 11:37   #4495
BHPian

Booked a LG 32" LED 7500 for INR49,999. Getting a LG 22" LD345 with Tata Sky SD as a combo offer. Also got 2 years warranty from Croma at INR1200. Since i used my HDFC card, I will be getting a cash back of INR1000.

I had got an offer of INR43000 for LG32" LE5500 but didn't feel like taking it up.

Any ideas if this is a good deal?
Old 14th March 2011, 13:00   #4496
BHPian

Just saw the Philips LED TV yesterday at Croma in Thane, looks neat!

Also read in a newspaper - that Philips is the only company offering 4 years warranty on their LEDs.

Aint bad - but has anyone bought or known about this new line of offerings from Philips?
Old 14th March 2011, 13:17   #4497
BHPian

Is it advisable on buying a SONY 32EX500 series LCD in grey market for the price of 28k? Kindly suggest.
Old 15th March 2011, 15:02   #4498
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend bought LG LED+LCD combo for 79K Rupees. Package consists of 42 inch LG LED (Full HD) and 32 inch LG LCD(HD Ready).

How is this deal for 79K? I have not mentioned freebies like STB along with this.
Old 15th March 2011, 16:01   #4499
BHPian

I own a Samsung 40" C550 model and tried to do a firmware update. But, when I insert the USB and my TV scans it, it says no file to update.

I have updated my firmware 3 months back using the same USB. But at that time, when executing the firmware file d/l from samsung, it extracted a single folder. But this time, it extracted 2 folders. I tried with both the folders, but in vain.

I double checked if the firmware is for my specific model and redownloaded them, but still no luck.

Has anybody tried to update their firmware and stuck like me?
Old 15th March 2011, 16:55   #4500
BHPian

@dreams - i have the same TV however i was able to update the firmware a few months back. I remember having two folders when i did it last time, but the TV detected it and i selected Firmware update. Is there a new f/w released now? Let me chk the site

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks