Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:20   #2986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
you could get a panny lcd for around 32k and thats quite good too - ohh just realized these are full hd! thats a good deal man - but still just see what panny can offer and if the pq is better (720p or 1080p)
I compared the LE8 and LX80 with these sets. TataSky also looked better in the FHDs (somehow I'm yet to be impressed with a Panny LCD - not that I have seen many). But HD feeds were easily better in the FHD sets. It actually surprised me how easily I could tell the difference from a 8-10ft viewing distance - given that the general consensus is that the difference is not too perceptible at the 32" size.

And it was not only Panny's. I also compared with Sharp, Philips HD ready sets mounted on the same wall side-by-side. All the 720p sets looked distinctly 'fuzzier' than the FHD sets. A 'Sony demo HD program' was being fed to all of them.

Last edited by shuvc : 2nd October 2009 at 01:23.
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:31   #2987
BHPian

^^ hope the settings were the same on all of them :-)
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:45   #2988
Senior - BHPian

Panasonic seems to be giving great deals in many cities.
Old 2nd October 2009, 03:15   #2989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ hope the settings were the same on all of them :-)
Yep. That could well be a possible explanation. If so, hats off to them for setting all those TVs !! There were 4 FHDs and around 6 or more HD ready sets on that wall ...

I should add that I failed to see as significant a difference between the Samsung B450 (720p) and B530 (1080p) in the Samsung brand shop.

Guess I'll take the B530 plunge for the bedroom. Gives me a FHD option too. Which would also come in handy since the desktop is in the same room. Drawing room is anyway being taken care of by the PV8
Old 2nd October 2009, 03:28   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Yep. That could well be a possible explanation. If so, hats off to them for setting all those TVs !! There were 4 FHDs and around 6 or more HD ready sets on that wall ...
Buddy its their everyday job and they just have to do it once based on what they want to sell. Besides to make things even more easier for your lame e-zone salesman, they have showroom modes etc. Put one tv in power save mode with washed out colors and the ones you want to sell in showroom mode full blast vivid setting. Ofcourse that 12hr a day showroom mode lcd will be delivered to some unsuspecting customer after 2 weeks

Samsung should be a good decision though for 32", to bad there is no panny 32pv80! Make sure you get a brand new factory sealed one and not some showroom mule. Enjoy

Last edited by jassi : 2nd October 2009 at 03:31.
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:53   #2991

Quote:
the prices look similar to bangy - did the fullhd G/S handle SD video better than the hd ready C/X? I might pick up a panny for my parents in pune.
Yes , the G/S series with HD content were having a distinct adavantage over C/X series in the image quality,i had ensured that all the settings were same for all the four Plasmas.by the way i had visited twice to the the Panasonic showrooms ,once in evening and once at afternoon.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:24   #2992
BHPian

Considering the number of people here who are satisfied purchasers of the Panasonic PV8 and PV80, shouldn't the title of this thread be amended to "Buying an LCD/Plasma TV?" Just a thought...
Old 2nd October 2009, 13:21   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
Considering the number of people here who are satisfied purchasers of the Panasonic PV8 and PV80, shouldn't the title of this thread be amended to "Buying an LCD/Plasma TV?" Just a thought...
yep I suggested that earlier - "Buying an LCD/Plasma TV" makes sense but given that now we have lcds, plasmas, leds,oleds, etc ,etc - it would make sense to rename this thread to "Buying a Flat Panel Display"

edit - have sent a note to the mods via 'report post' option. Hope they change it.

Last edited by jassi : 2nd October 2009 at 13:24.
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:15   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
given that now we have lcds, plasmas, leds,oleds, etc ,etc - it would make sense to rename this thread to "Buying a Flat Panel Display"
I thought these "LED TVs" have the same LCD technology; the only difference being that LED (back/edge-lit) is used instead of a fluorescent light source?
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:22   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
I thought these "LED TVs" have the same LCD technology; the only difference being that LED (back/edge-lit) is used instead of a fluorescent light source?
agree and that has been discused beforewith links and all to indicate edge lit LED LCDs are just slimmer, but no better than current LCDs. The back-lit LED LCDs whenever they come will equal plasmas in terms of blacklevels. We might have oled also coming later.
however the thread title has to be generic and not just lcd.
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:07   #2996
BHPian

Quote:
The back-lit LED LCDs whenever they come will equal plasmas in terms of blacklevels.
I got one. Plasmas still look way better overall.
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:17   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
agree and that has been discused beforewith links and all to indicate edge lit LED LCDs are just slimmer, but no better than current LCDs. The back-lit LED LCDs whenever they come will equal plasmas in terms of blacklevels. We might have oled also coming later.
however the thread title has to be generic and not just lcd.
We already have one in the market at a rather competitive price - the LG LH90. I think the Philips 9803 is available too.
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:27   #2998
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
We already have one in the market at a rather competitive price - the LG LH90. I think the Philips 9803 is available too.
The sony X series is also back lit LED.
Old 2nd October 2009, 18:47   #2999
BHPian

LCD TV Wall mounting

Hi guys, I am back after quite a long time!

Need help on LCD TV installation - looking for a wall mount that extends out and turns around, like the one in the below link:

Articulating Wall Arm for 32" to 50" Flat Panel Screens Weighing Up to 150 lb

Its a 37 inch Sony LCD. Any advice on professional installers in Bengaluru?
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:25   #3000
BHPian

Why is this $562 on that link?? With TV free or what

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks