Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:25   #3001
BHPian

Hey,
I have been visiting stores past 2 days regarding LCD research and happened to come across these swivel arm wall mounts at the CROMA stores . forgot company name- starting with "O" i think .

These were the types. A basic mount without an arm, just the main appendage with moves sideways too small to be significant for any screens. maybe 21 at the most but just about 60/60 angles at the most. Cost- 3300/-

The next was better costing 7150/- it states for upto 37". It had one arm attached. normal state would be parallel to wall and to extend it would open to 90deg. a 37 may extend to 70* maybe the 32 will come out proper to 90 ( my opinion from what I saw)

And then another with 2 arms attached so much longer range. stated for upto 50" screens. cost 14500/-

The last 2 i stated were very good for the usual large screens that we go for. And build quality looked good too.
I am visiting the store tomm. again will note company name. You may check at a CROMa near your place if they have any.
Old 3rd October 2009, 02:20   #3002
BHPian

Matrix_ren thanks very much I will await your comments
Old 3rd October 2009, 09:27   #3003
Senior - BHPian

Am I missing something, where are you going to place to the stablizer for the TV, are guys nowadays having TVs without stablizers.
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:20   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Am I missing something, where are you going to place to the stablizer for the TV, are guys nowadays having TVs without stablizers.
LCDs come with inbuilt stabilizers, you dont need an external stabilizer.
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:09   #3005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodGK View Post
Hi,
Here in Pune i have been quoted a price of
TH-P42C10D : 46500
TH-P42X10D : 48000
TH-P42S10D : 56000 - HDTV
TH-P42G10D : 65000 - HDTV

I am thinking of going in for G series.
Can any body throw some light on price part,if these are the right one or have to be negotiated more .The dealer has said these are final prices and i cant get any cheaper then this.The confusion stems from the CompareIndia site,which shows 60000.00 as price offered in Delhi for G series,but taxation in Maharashtra might be one of the thing .

All the help is highly appreaciated.Thanks guys.
We bought a G10 today at Koramangala showroom for 64k including a free HDMI cable and some scratch card gifts. However they will deliver the TV only after 10th Oct as its not in stock. I saw an offer of 42k for the C10 model in Ezone today. Similar prices may be negotiated in the showroom as well.
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:03   #3006
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
We bought a G10 today at Koramangala showroom for 64k including a free HDMI cable and some scratch card gifts. However they will deliver the TV only after 10th Oct as its not in stock.
64k for a Full-HD 42" plasma is a killer deal. If only they had launched it 6 months earlier
Old 4th October 2009, 00:10   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I was passing by Panasonic showroom in Jayanagar 5th Block and decided to check out the latest plasmas. They didn't have G10, but had C10 & S10. While C10 is just 'HD Ready', S10 is 'Full HD'.

Test 1: Playing non HD content
C10 is better than S10.

Test 2: Playing HD content
There is no difference between C10 & S10.

So C10 is better buy (heard E-Zone was selling C10 at 42K).
I have seen PV80. I felt picture quality in C10 was better. Need to compare C10 & G10 now.

Last edited by msdivy : 4th October 2009 at 00:15.
Old 4th October 2009, 01:51   #3008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Guess I'll take the B530 plunge for the bedroom. Gives me a FHD option too. Which would also come in handy since the desktop is in the same room. Drawing room is anyway being taken care of by the PV8
As so I did. Yesterday.

The Samsung is now being fed by Airtel and WDTV. Looks wonderful.

Tomorrow's F1 will probably be watched on this one lazing around in bed - instead of the PV8/sofa combo !
Old 4th October 2009, 11:33   #3009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
64k for a Full-HD 42" plasma is a killer deal. If only they had launched it 6 months earlier
i think plasma are cheaper now. you can get 50 incher for 52k lg make right now. non hd models. 6months back i got FULL HD scarlet 42 for 50k. 64k for 42 plasma is normal or in bombay can be bought for cheaper price surely.
Old 4th October 2009, 18:24   #3010

Got my G10 delivered today.

Guys,
I got my G10 delivered to my home today afternoon, the rate i got was 64K with scratch card ,here in Pune.The movie experience on my WD Player is great.I am loving it.

Thanks Guys.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:36   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
So C10 is better buy (heard E-Zone was selling C10 at 42K).
I have seen PV80. I felt picture quality in C10 was better. Need to compare C10 & G10 now.
Where does the X10 fit into this scheme of things? How exactly does it differ from the C10? (Maybe an extra HDMI port, as with PV8/PV80?)
Old 4th October 2009, 23:06   #3012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodGK View Post
Guys,
I got my G10 delivered to my home today afternoon, the rate i got was 64K with scratch card ,here in Pune.The movie experience on my WD Player is great.I am loving it.

Thanks Guys.
Hi VinodGK,

How does G10 fair with in a bright room. I am seriously thinking of g10D but my room is very bright so I am not sure about it. I don't know how to check if it will perform correctly.

avimal
Old 5th October 2009, 15:46   #3013
Senior - BHPian

Urgent!!

Hi,
I will be buying my first Plasma on the coming Sat.
Decided on plasme because of valuable inputs on this thread and on another Forums.

I know some of the Q's had been answered in this thread but need to confirm everything before finalising so kindly ans again.
1. The screen size i had selected is 42 inches. My viewing distance is 8 feet and that might be less but sadly Plasmas dont come in 37 or 40 inches.
Now should i take any precaution for that?

2.- Which one should i buy?
Checked Panasonic C10 in a showroom in faridabad as i live there itself and was quoted 45800 as price with no discounts(i was thinking discounts should be there cos of festive season). Q's regarding that -
(a) - Is 45800 a fair price?
(b) - Its from a panasonic showrooom, will i get discounts or any freebies if taken from Croma,Reliance or Ezone?

3.- As been stated earlier C10 is HD ready. Now am not a technical person so will this make any difference in viewing normal Tata Sky stuff and the HD content?
My primary viewing will be Tata Sky with couple of HD movies every week.

Kindly suggest if HD ready is fine or should go for S10 which is HD ready. I believe price difference is 10k so is it justified to spend 10k more?

4.- Need to buy a DVD player with usb port also cos wIll be watching movies by connecting my hard drive to DVD player.

Which one you guys suggest which can easily get attached to a hard drive?

5.- As suggested here and in other forums the burn in Issue is no longer there. Still should take any more precautions?

6.- How can i check if the Panel given is not a showroom used one and is a new one?

7.A Very Impo Q- A good friend told me he can get me good discounts on dealers cost price if i take LG plasma.

Now the only LG plasma i had read about being compare to panasonic was PQ70 i guess.

Do you guys suggest to get LG or stick with Panasonic only.
Will appreciate as many suggestions you can give.

Thanks
Harsh.

EDIT - Also suggest which HDMI cable should i buy and the price as well.

Last edited by harry10 : 5th October 2009 at 15:49.
Old 5th October 2009, 16:05   #3014

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Hi VinodGK,

How does G10 fair with in a bright room. I am seriously thinking of g10D but my room is very bright so I am not sure about it. I don't know how to check if it will perform correctly.

avimal
Hi aVimal,
My room has a 4.5 X 5 window and 4.5 X 7 Terrace door on the facing on the south western side,so most of the day bright sunlight is channeled in the room.This was a problem with the earlier CRT TV also ,without window blinds the reflection used to be painfull to eyes.By the same practise we have been using the plasma pulling the blinds,no problem with that.

But if you are asking that that by keeping the blinds open if i have tried watching the Plasma - then the answer is no i havent tried that coz the Direct sunlight flows from the window to the spot the TV is placed and the instruction booklet say that Plasmas should not be exposed to direct Sunlight.I am not sure if i have been able to answer your question or not.
Old 5th October 2009, 16:07   #3015
BANNED

8 feet is good for 42" no issue, C10 is available for 42K with eZone, C10 is HD tv and no issue with DTH boxes acually it produces better picture than LCD's, Buy Philips or Pioneer DVD player with upscaling feature or buy WD Media player, reffer this site for initial burnin and optimum setup
Panasonic TH42PX80 Best Settings After Calibration

To find the total usage:
IMP: DONT USE THE VOL BUTTON ON THE REMOTE

1. Hold down the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA. (Dont worry about what happens on the TV)

2. Press the {INFO} button on the remote control 3 times. This button is located to the left of {0} button the remote.

The Service Menu will be displayed with the following menus:
ADJUST
WD-ADJUST
OPTION
AGING (Red Screen)
RM-SET
SRV-TOOL

We are interested in SRV-TOOL. The {1} & {2} buttons move through menus.

4. Press the {2} button once or press the {1} button six times to select "SRV-TOOL".

5. Then press the {OK} button to access it.

6. Using the cursor keys, highlight the empty box on the right side of the last option (box): PTCT :00.00.00.00.00

7. Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

Time and Count will be displayed in red color.

8. Press the {off} button the plasma for 10 secs and release it.

Switch on and enjoy.And please stick to Penny better buy the full HD model as is quite cheap now @64K.Buy good quality locally available HDMI cable no issue wih them if you not much fuzzy about them.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 5th October 2009 at 16:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks