Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2011, 00:38   #4681
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Hi Tsk13

I bought this Sony KDL-32EX520 from Malaysia for around 22 K INR just last week, i dont have global warranty, but willing to bear the risk

@ Tsk13 - whats the price here in India? and how much at Gaffar?

need to bring it ON to the home wifi now

and if all goes well for few months, will also get a 42inch sony edge led from Malaysia
Anupam, that's a good deal. But how come so cheap, Sony Malaysia shows it for RIM 2,499.00 and it turns out to be INR 37k or so. In Ghaffar it's available for 36k or so against 45k with Sony India Warranty.
Old 5th May 2011, 00:47   #4682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Anupam, that's a good deal. But how come so cheap, Sony Malaysia shows it for RIM 2,499.00 and it turns out to be INR 37k or so. In Ghaffar it's available for 36k or so against 45k with Sony India Warranty.
sorry, my bad

i got cx520 for Ringit 1499/-, so how much is cx520 for..here in india and gaffar

KDL-32CX520 : CX520 Series : BRAVIA™ LCD TV : Sony Malaysia
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 10:56   #4683
BANNED

tsk13 rethink before investing in 32" TV that too if you are planning for HD stb as after putting HD stb in my both 32" and 42", 42" feels better even though 32" is full HD compared to 42" is just HD TV.
For watching HD or full HD content 42" is must.
Check it out the Panasonic 42" full HD Plasma compare it to side by side with another LCD and decide, best will be 50" full HD Plasma.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 20:58   #4684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hello

I had bought a samsung lcd tv just over a year back. Since yesterday the screen has developed a rectangular patch spanning across from top to bottom. I complained and the technician came in today. After checking he said that the panel is gone and he quoted a price of Rs 25 k to replace the same. Can you believe it?? A tv just over a year old .
Can i complain somewhere about the same??
Talk to the service manager (escalate if required) and push for a free panel replacement. Don't go to any local technicians as of now.
Old 5th May 2011, 23:35   #4685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
sorry, my bad

i got cx520 for Ringit 1499/-, so how much is cx520 for..here in india and gaffar
[/url]
No idea about this TV Anupam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
tsk13 rethink before investing in 32" TV that too if you are planning for HD stb as after putting HD stb in my both 32" and 42", 42" feels better even though 32" is full HD compared to 42" is just HD TV.
For watching HD or full HD content 42" is must.
Check it out the Panasonic 42" full HD Plasma compare it to side by side with another LCD and decide, best will be 50" full HD Plasma.
Thanks Ajaybiz for the wonderful suggestion but owing to space constraints the maximum size that can be accomodates in 32". I know it has its cons but that's the maximum I can go for at the moment.
Old 6th May 2011, 09:29   #4686
BANNED

Anything above 8 feet is good distance to watch 42" in SD for HD you can go even closer, google it many sites are there for viewing distance calculations for various broadcasts.
Old 6th May 2011, 22:37   #4687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Anything above 8 feet is good distance to watch 42" in SD for HD you can go even closer, google it many sites are there for viewing distance calculations for various broadcasts.
key reason for me sticking to '32' for the livingroom was also the same, anything bigger would had made the livingroom look like a theatre, which i did not want

i have seen few others with 42 in livingroom, the tv overshadows everthing else

unless, one has a seperate tv room or a very large livingroom

offcourse, for the bedroom i will go for '42' or larger

and am pretty satisfied with my choice
Old 9th May 2011, 12:15   #4688
BANNED

And I am thinking of putting 42" in Bedroom and upgrading to 50" in living room as watching HD content specially Movies, sports are fun at these sizes.
Old 9th May 2011, 13:54   #4689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Finally ive decided on a tv for myself. It will be the new series 5 51" plasma from Samsung. It should be available in 2 weeks and im getting quite a good deal on it.

But need your help guys, I need another tv. Budget about 45-47k, what is the largest tv I can get in that? Only for normal cable tv, full hd is not important.
Have decided on the 2nd tv too. Itll be the 43" tv Series 4 from Samsung. Getting it for about 43k. And the Series 5 51" for about 65k. Going to order both in a week to 10 days. Oh yeah, also a 24" Toshiba for the kitchen
Old 9th May 2011, 17:14   #4690
BHPian

Thanks Viper / Team members,
I am looking for 40" to 42" inches LED and totally confused in following 2 factors:

1) Which company -- LG Samsung Sony and Panasonic? and which model ( ) to be if you suggest any one of the brands above.

2) Whether to go for plasma or LED? why and why not?

My requirements are :
1) Economic <= 60k
2) greater than or equal to 5million contrast ratio
3) greater than or equal to 100Mhz refresh rate
4) Good features and upgradeable.
5) good life and quality
6) Good after sales support.

I know i might be asking too much but welcome any suggestions closer to my requirements.

Thanks
anand

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
If you're particular about 42" size then I believe Philips, Panasonic and LG are the choices - Sony & Samsung AFAIK do not make that size any more.
Modern world @ domlur, old airport road carries the Philips & Panasonic brands. you can compare the products there.
Old 10th May 2011, 12:03   #4691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
I am looking for 40" to 42" inches LED and totally confused in following 2 factors:

My requirements are :
1) Economic <= 60k
5) good life and quality

anand
Anand,
I have a 42" plasma and a 42" LED LCD at home and personally find the plasma's quality superior especially the contrast and natural colours.
Your budget may need to stretch by about 10% though for a set with good features.

I suggest you go to Domlur branch of Modern electronics and ask for Hussein - he's a young guy and technically sound. He should be able to help clear the fog!
viper_711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 13:45   #4692
BHPian

Quote:

1) Which company -- LG Samsung Sony and Panasonic? and which model ( ) to be if you suggest any one of the brands above.

My requirements are :
1) Economic <= 60k
5) good life and quality

I know i might be asking too much but welcome any suggestions closer to my requirements.

Thanks
anand
Plasma, anyday!

Plasma is better technology than LCD or even LED.

The Plasma are best suited panels for bigger sizes and superlative for motion viewng, sports action movies etc.

Plasma doesn't suffer from motion-blur, unlike LED and LCDs.

Just the reason that LED and LCD are fads now, so if you looking to have a superlative viewing experience, go for Plasma.

The input source will however have to be HD for Plasma to deliver it's promise.

You see, Plasmas come in refresh rates upwards of 600-650hz, as compared to 50-150hz of LEDs, that lays it bare.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 14:06   #4693
BHPian

Further to mandheers' comments, please look for plasmas with real black filter.

5 series from Samsung and V series from Panasonic do have it. With this filter the blacks are more black meaning much better contrast ratio.

Plasmas have evolved a lot over the years and they are real value for money. Also they are less power hungry than the earlier models.

Even with 3D, plasma excels over similar sized LEDs.
kevintomin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 14:09   #4694
BHPian

Thanks Guys (viper and mandheers),
You solved one of the big headaches for me.
I was thinking of Panasonic Plasma 42v20 model as I heard somewhere as Panasonic plasmas are best. What you say? It is costing me around 65k which is bit higher for my budget. Also any issues with service et all?
I also heard plasma consumes too much power. Is it true? would it hit me badly?

Thanks in advance.
anand
Old 10th May 2011, 14:26   #4695
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys (viper and mandheers),
You solved one of the big headaches for me.
I was thinking of Panasonic Plasma 42v20 model as I heard somewhere as Panasonic plasmas are best. What you say? It is costing me around 65k which is bit higher for my budget. Also any issues with service et all?
I also heard plasma consumes too much power. Is it true? would it hit me badly?

Thanks in advance.
anand
No, and I missed telling you in my earlier post, Plasmas were notorious of generating higher heat and getting heated (either ways), and also consuming higher electricity, all of this owing to their bulky size. (read thickness)

The current generation Plasmas are as thin as LCDs and LEDs, and have no such issues, power consumption figures vary for models and you will need to refer the labels, but not worrisome at all.

LG provides one of the best service networks in India and their sound output is far superlative and so is their user interface.

That said, Panasonic is a great choice as well, don't know about service issues, should be well sorted surey.

Look up Ezone or any other retailer in Bangalore they just had an LG 3D Plasma + Bluray player + Tata Sky for about 60k.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks