Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 11:56   #4801
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Have been quoted 43.5k for 40inch Samsung series 5 LCD. Is this a good price?

What other options do I have in this price range?
Sahil, it is a good offer. Just check whether it is C530 or C550. A new model D550 (Delhi price is 45.5k) is also available.

Sony 40 inch LCD (40NX500) costs 56.5k.

Why don't you try Samsung LED? 40D5000 is for 57.5k and 40D5500 is for 59.5k respectively.

Sony 40 LEDs are costly compared to Samsung.

Cheers!

Vinu.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:04   #4802
BHPian

Congrats on the acquiring the Sony products. They are definitely good and have become cheap but the maintenance would cost more making you buy a new one. I have been buying SONY products TV, Music system, Camera, Mobiles but now I am against it. Reason for this is whenever there is a problem the repair cost is expensive, just for servicing audio system they ask 1500-2000. They almost replace the whole part instead of repairing that particular piece. 1 Lakh TV costs 40K for repair after 4 years where I am forced to buy a new TV. Battery for the the sony mobile is 1350 where as Samsung or HTC batteries are less than half the price.

Going forward I wont' buy any SONY products unless it provides a unique features which other competitors don't provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Recently converted my new house's living room into a Sony room.

First came the 32' FullHD LCD called CX42 (34,990/-). Excellent picture quality, user friendly remote and more than enough features. I can view photos from a USB pen drive or play movies from the same.

Then came the AirTel HD set top box. The word is WOW! The HD channels make TV viewing experience to an unseen level. Its almost like watching a scene from your window. Extremely sharp, crystal clear and absolutely natural colours. Friends of mine who have Tata Sky, Videocon, BIG Tv and other DTH commented that Airtel DTH is THE best.

Then came the speakers. Again SONY. I bought a humble 2.1 speaker set of Sony for about 3.5k which has good enough Bass and pretty good overall output. Goes well with the TV.

And then came the Blu Ray Disc player again from Sony. Icing on the cake. Till Blu Ray came, HD channels rocked the house. Blu Ray beats everything that was there before. The unbelievable picture quality and the simply mind blowing sound quality leaves you shocked. We could not believe that the same speakers that we had before Blu Ray came, are sounding so damn different and better now. Blu Ray rocks...totally. BDP costed around 8k for me with some dealer discount and exchange of my old DVD player. Only issue is Blu Ray discs are bloody expensive. I bought the Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows BD for 1490/-.

Overall, I am satisfied with Sony quality and even the pricing for that matter. Sony was also termed expensive and was too. But no more. Its like how international companies like BMW, Toyota realized the VFM factor, Sony is also realizing it. Better late than never.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:12   #4803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Congrats on the acquiring the Sony products. They are definitely good and have become cheap but the maintenance would cost more making you buy a new one. I have been buying SONY products TV, Music system, Camera, Mobiles but now I am against it. Reason for this is whenever there is a problem the repair cost is expensive, just for servicing audio system they ask 1500-2000. They almost replace the whole part instead of repairing that particular piece. 1 Lakh TV costs 40K for repair after 4 years where I am forced to buy a new TV. Battery for the the sony mobile is 1350 where as Samsung or HTC batteries are less than half the price.

Going forward I wont' buy any SONY products unless it provides a unique features which other competitors don't provide.
Thanks for the wishes @gopinathann. I absolutely agree with you regarding high service costs of Sony. However, when we were searching for LCD in the market, we got the best deal on the Sony LCD. Even the LGs and Samsungs were expensive compared to Sony, which was kind of surprising.

My cousin has a Sony Bravia since last 3 years and has had zero issues. So just hoping that I have similar or better experience.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:14   #4804
Senior - BHPian

alright i have a query, i am a complete noob now, its been a while since i have last looked at computer/screen purchases. the thing is i want to replace my crt17" samsung with a bigger newer monitor. but when i browse the electronic store sites like, croma, e-zone etc, i dont find anyone selling screens anymore. and even my friends gave a mixed reaction when consulted. some asked me to buy cheapest lcd tv, some suggested the 22-24" monitors that are HD ready/full hd ones.

1.the thing is my budget is around 10K and i was wondering if the extra 5-6K i spend to get a cheap lcd tv is worth it or just buy a monitor that is around 10K.

2.the other thing is i have no idea on the reviews of the monitor brands now, nor the good tv brands. i am primarily looking for value for money and longevity of the product in the price range.

please help me out guys thanks alot.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:49   #4805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
1.the thing is my budget is around 10K and i was wondering if the extra 5-6K i spend to get a cheap lcd tv is worth it or just buy a monitor that is around 10K.
All I can say is why mix-up technologies. Use TV as TV and monitor as monitor.

You can get the latest cutting edge LED monitors from Samsung, LG and others in less than 10k bracket. Ofcourse, the price goes up as the screen size increases. But 22" is too much I feel for a PC use. I just checked on the Samsung site and saw a 22" LED monitor(Model # S22A300B) at 9.4k. This is much more than we require for a PC.

Regarding reliability, I dont think there is much issue. I have been using an LG 17" LCD monitor for my desktop for last 2 years and its too good. I had bought it at 5.6k that time.

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:58   #4806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
All I can say is why mix-up technologies. Use TV as TV and monitor as monitor.

You can get the latest cutting edge LED monitors from Samsung, LG and others in less than 10k bracket. Ofcourse, the price goes up as the screen size increases. But 22" is too much I feel for a PC use. I just checked on the Samsung site and saw a 22" LED monitor(Model # S22A300B) at 9.4k. This is much more than we require for a PC.

Regarding reliability, I dont think there is much issue. I have been using an LG 17" LCD monitor for my desktop for last 2 years and its too good. I had bought it at 5.6k that time.

Hope that helps a bit.
thank you for clearing that up a little bit, i know given a chance, i would'nt want to spend more, and at the same time i dont want to buy something that will get outdated real quick plus there are really very few store that sell monitors anymore.

the reason for asking for asking for a bigger screen and HD is i would want to play ps3/watch movies on this monitor sometimes(like say 30% of the time.) hence the dilemma.
Old 30th June 2011, 13:32   #4807
Senior - BHPian

how about this one,

LCD Television, PHILIPS LCD TELEVISION 24" 24PFL4505

do you guys think this tv would be worth it at that price? as far as i see this is the only full hd 24" tv with 2xHdmi inputs and all the other good stuff. perfect as a monitor + TV.

any reviews any body at all???
Old 30th June 2011, 17:43   #4808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
how about this one,

LCD Television, PHILIPS LCD TELEVISION 24" 24PFL4505

do you guys think this tv would be worth it at that price? as far as i see this is the only full hd 24" tv with 2xHdmi inputs and all the other good stuff. perfect as a monitor + TV.

any reviews any body at all???
I've got Philips 32 LED, it's good next to Samsung, went for it since it was 10K cheaper than Samsung. If the price is good go for it.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:37   #4809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I've got Philips 32 LED, it's good next to Samsung, went for it since it was 10K cheaper than Samsung. If the price is good go for it.
thank you gopi

i just visited neXT showroom in hyderabad today and i was given a quote of RS.16500 for this TV and was told it is available in stock, the adishwar eletronics store has a price quote of Rs.14990/- on the net, couldnt visit the store today, will visit the store tomorrow.

and realiance digital store-vidyanagar guys did not have this in stock, they showed me Toshiba 24" instead it wasnt full HD, and another samsung in the same price range but 22" and LED with 1xHdmi~14900/- and another model LCD-22" with 2xHdmi this one is 14400/-.

now i am really in a dilemma guys please help me pick!!!
Old 8th July 2011, 16:34   #4810
BHPian

Picked up a Samsung 40C7000 recently (3D-LED), watched a bluray rip 'Predator' from usb & the picture looked stunning
more updates later
Old 8th July 2011, 16:38   #4811
Team-BHP Support

Just got an SMS that Hyper Friday deal in HyperCity is on 40 inch Full HD LCD with 3xHDMI, 2xUSB at 29999. Do not know anything more but sounds alluring to me. May be will go and check this out over the weekend. I am contemplating a big panel anyhow.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:15   #4812
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Just got an SMS that Hyper Friday deal in HyperCity is on 40 inch Full HD LCD with 3xHDMI, 2xUSB at 29999. Do not know anything more but sounds alluring to me. May be will go and check this out over the weekend. I am contemplating a big panel anyhow.
this is a Videocon model !!!
Old 8th July 2011, 18:08   #4813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
Whattt!!! A Videocon? Talk of that old saying, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

Nonetheless, since Hypercity is a hop, skip and jump from my office I will probably go once this evening if I at all manage to do so. But if it is Videocon well... I certainly ain't going anywhere near it.
Old 8th July 2011, 18:22   #4814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
and Yes, the fine print says U/E (under exchange).
Old 16th July 2011, 23:53   #4815
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys need a vote on the following:
1. Sony vs Samsung
2. 51' Plasma vs 46' LED. The price difference as quoted to me is almost 70k. And I need to buy two of these.

Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks