Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 14:36   #1066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Finally got myself a 37inch Full HD,very rare to find one so as soon as Samsung launched the series5 i jumped on it.
Brilliant TV for a good price...highly recommended.

Now am confused if i should get Tatasky or BigTV...and also home theater was look at the Sony Z250 @ 14.5k for 850watts 5.1...any suggestions??
Which model & @what price?
Old 25th May 2008, 17:57   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

Model Samsug 37A550

MRP is 73k but got it for 64k through a contact that gave me at dealer price.However it is also available at alfa for 65k with bill too.

Big TV is available to Reliance Energy users for 3000rs with 5months free,movie downloads,stb and installation. Just order mine.
Call their helpline for info
Old 26th May 2008, 13:28   #1068
BANNED

Yesterday took demo of many Plasmas and LCD's and got more confused as Samsung launched their new range of Plasmas and old they are giving it for throw away prices PS42C91H was quoted me 58K at eZone, Their new range of LCDs are also too good to buy specially the series 6 which is full HD TV with 100hz panel scan LA32A650 mrp was 74K but my dealer told me he will give me for 66K, LA32A550 was 59K and 54K quoted from the dealer.
The cheapest i found was LG Scarlet 32LG60VR 57K was mrp and dealer quoted 51k and its got 50000:1 contrast ration.
Lets see which is going to be my choice.
Old 26th May 2008, 13:43   #1069
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

a few words of advice and suggestions.
plasma tvs are old hat - the technology is being phased out world wide
lcd tvs are the new gen product.
within Lcd, you can go for normal lcd or FULL HDTV - be careful that you dont get sold a lemon though because a FULL HDTV has 1080 Megapixels as against HD Ready TVs which are the normal LCDs - it is easy to get confused. Also please dont pay any attention to anyone who says you geta ghost image on LCD TVs, especially when watching sports - I watch golf regularly on my regular LCD and there is no ghost image at all, despite the speed at which the ball is travelling across the screen.
around 8 months ago I picked up a Samsung 40 inch LCD at a good price largely because the full HD Tvs were coming in, in a big way.
suggest you check at a reputed corporate sector dealer like NEXT, CROMA, E ZONE before you buy.
And from my point of view, while SONY is seriously first class - in terms of visual pleasure, colour and sound, the SAMSUNG comes a very close second and at a far more affordable price. And Samsung gives you really good after sales service - I ll vouch for that atleast in Bangalore most definitely.
If you have the budget, then try and go for FULL HDTV but if you dont, the Samsung 40 inch and 46 inch (new one) are really superb and will give you some years of great viewing pleasure. Also, according to my experience, with LCD etc, if you have a Set Top Box like Tata Sky, you will enjoy it far better as compared to regular cable tv - there is no comparison as far as quality of image and sound are concerned between tata sky and cable tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Yesterday took demo of many Plasmas and LCD's and got more confused as Samsung launched their new range of Plasmas and old they are giving it for throw away prices PS42C91H was quoted me 58K at eZone, Their new range of LCDs are also too good to buy specially the series 6 which is full HD TV with 100hz panel scan LA32A650 mrp was 74K but my dealer told me he will give me for 66K, LA32A550 was 59K and 54K quoted from the dealer.
The cheapest i found was LG Scarlet 32LG60VR 57K was mrp and dealer quoted 51k and its got 50000:1 contrast ration.
Lets see which is going to be my choice.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 26th May 2008 at 13:46.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:04   #1070
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
within Lcd, you can go for normal lcd or FULL HDTV - be careful that you dont get sold a lemon though because a FULL HDTV has 1080 Megapixels as against HD Ready TVs which are the normal LCDs - it is easy to get confused
Are you sure its 1080 mega pixel
as per my knowledge full HD LCD's are just 2 mega pixel panels.And their Horizontal and virtical resolutions are 1920X1080 lines.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:24   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Are you sure its 1080 mega pixel
as per my knowledge full HD LCD's are just 2 mega pixel panels.And their Horizontal and virtical resolutions are 1920X1080 lines.
I think he meant 1080 lines and not 1080 MP.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:28   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I watch golf regularly on my regular LCD and there is no ghost image at all, despite the speed at which the ball is travelling across the screen.
I read a lot about how one cannot watch tv on an lcd because of the poor response time. I recently got a 40" Sony V Series and didn't find any problems due to the response time. Some channels on regular cable didn't look that good but that wasn't the tvs fault. I switched over to Tata Sky and havent faced any problem since. IMO when you are already spending so much on an LCD it makes sence to get a DTH connection too.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:30   #1073
BHPian

Lcd Tv

Its simple
1080p has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels
i.e. 2,073,600 pixels nothing but 2 Mega Pixels

Looks like Shankar got confused
Old 26th May 2008, 14:44   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
is it true? I compared a Samsung LCD side by side with a Panasonic Plasma and the picture quality on the Panasonic Plasma appeared far better than the Samsung LCD, I could make out the blur on the LCD while Plasma appeared smooth and clear without any blur.

I can't recall the exact Model #s but think the Plasma was 42PV7 and LCD was 32" with 8000:1 Bordeux range.
Old 26th May 2008, 15:16   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry when people make such lame statements . If you read thru the last few pages of this thread, you'll know how wrong you are.

Samsung has been dumping super cheap CMO S-PVA LCD panels in India of late. If there's one brand I'd stay away from it has to be samsung. Sonys are okay as they use AU Optronics panels in most of their range. But the best bang for the buck amongst LCDs are the Hitachis that use LG.Philips S-IPS panels throughout their range. The surprising thing is how well priced they are as S-IPS panels are the most expensive amongst all available LCD panel types.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 26th May 2008 at 15:20.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:05   #1076
BANNED

well from what you write even i dont know whether to laugh or cry because i bought an LCD!
but I checked on the web in detail and did some amount of research before I bought it
here is the link to the web resource I used LCD TVs versus Plasma Televisions versus Projector Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry when people make such lame statements . If you read thru the last few pages of this thread, you'll know how wrong you are.

Samsung has been dumping super cheap CMO S-PVA LCD panels in India of late. If there's one brand I'd stay away from it has to be samsung. Sonys are okay as they use AU Optronics panels in most of their range. But the best bang for the buck amongst LCDs are the Hitachis that use LG.Philips S-IPS panels throughout their range. The surprising thing is how well priced they are as S-IPS panels are the most expensive amongst all available LCD panel types.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:09   #1077
BANNED

maybebut i have the same feeling on my regular LCD 40 Samsung
im not a techie - just a consumer who is happy with the product in this case. However I really cannot see any ghost image while watching golf so atleast there I am comfortable with my LCD - regardless of all the other things being brought to light on this thread- some of which facts are worth learning about, if nothing else, to learn how wrong sometimes one's impressions may be or the hearsay one goes by may be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I read a lot about how one cannot watch tv on an lcd because of the poor response time. I recently got a 40" Sony V Series and didn't find any problems due to the response time. Some channels on regular cable didn't look that good but that wasn't the tvs fault. I switched over to Tata Sky and havent faced any problem since. IMO when you are already spending so much on an LCD it makes sence to get a DTH connection too.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 26th May 2008 at 17:12.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:16   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
im not a techie - just a consumer who is happy with the product in this case.
I guess thats all that matters in the end.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:47   #1079
Senior - BHPian

another LCD Vs Plasma debate. From what I've seen in the last 2 years for normal telecasts Plasma do a better job than any of the LCD's. For HD transmission its a close call. Black is still a problem. It looks like black in an LCD but the moment you see the same in a Plasma you can make out the difference.
Old 26th May 2008, 19:29   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well from what you write even i dont know whether to laugh or cry because i bought an LCD!
but I checked on the web in detail and did some amount of research before I bought it
here is the link to the web resource I used LCD TVs versus Plasma Televisions versus Projector Technology
If you visited that link before purchase, why on earth did you buy an LCD when that link is clearly pro plasma?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks