Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 22:05   #2461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Is this is the native or dynamic contrast ratio. From my limited knowledge, dynamic is more like the PMPO, while native is perhaps like RMS.
It is dynamic contrast ratio.
Old 4th February 2009, 22:36   #2462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Its probably a computer monitor with a tv tuner engine bolted on.
I doubt it. It has the full DNIE+ engine along with an HDMI input and full TV feature set. It's from the newer series 4 range.

edit: I guess you meant the panel. Yeah the panel could be the same.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th February 2009 at 22:42.
Old 4th February 2009, 22:48   #2463
Senior - BHPian

^^Yup I meant only the panel not the rest of it obviously.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:03   #2464
BHPian

Do we have 29' HD CRT's available in Mumbai/'Navi mumbai?

I'm seaching for a Phillips model.

I heard HD CRTs are phased out and nowhere to find in India. Is this true?
Old 7th February 2009, 18:12   #2465
BHPian

PV8 in Bangalore

I went through the thread, visited AV exhibition last weekend and decided on pV8. I went to few shops today(Panasonic Brand shop and EZone (Koramangala and JP Nagar)). PV8 was available at Panasonic Brand shop and was quoted at 47K. Ezone didnt have them in stock. As per the info in this thread, they had sold PV8 for 42K. Do you suggest visiting any other shops in Bangalore to get PV8 at a lesser price then the Panasonic Brand Shop?
Old 7th February 2009, 22:59   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
I went through the thread, visited AV exhibition last weekend and decided on pV8. I went to few shops today(Panasonic Brand shop and EZone (Koramangala and JP Nagar)). PV8 was available at Panasonic Brand shop and was quoted at 47K. Ezone didnt have them in stock. As per the info in this thread, they had sold PV8 for 42K. Do you suggest visiting any other shops in Bangalore to get PV8 at a lesser price then the Panasonic Brand Shop?
Bit OT.

Pana closed down their factory in Japan. Wasnt these PVs produced there?
Old 7th February 2009, 23:45   #2467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Kishore, why don't you stay with CRT? By far the best, and the most durable!
If at all you have the space in your home to accommodate a CRT, do not look at anything else!
And a CRT will always have better built-in sound capability. To the point where you can get by without external audio systems having to be hooked up!
The Sound quality in the LCD's around 25K was too much of a compromise and I didn't have the budget to go beyond.

Also I'm always fond of the Sony brand (Already own Sony TVs,DVD,Car Audio Deck,Camera,Sony Ericsson Mobiles)

So bought Sony 21"CRT (KV-HP213M93) for Rs.12,700/-
Sound quality was good when compared to Samsung models in the same price point. Samsung was LOUD but the clarity was missing.

Thanks for your inputs guys!

P.S: Heard that Sony is phasing out the CRTs but then I didn't mind anyways.
Old 8th February 2009, 08:37   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
The Sound quality in the LCD's around 25K was too much of a compromise and I didn't have the budget to go beyond.

So bought Sony 21"CRT (KV-HP213M93) for Rs.12,700/-
Good for you, Kishore! A decade of happy TV viewing guaranteed!
But I'm surprised you picked up a 21 inch and not 25 or 29.
The Sony 29 CRTs have traditionally had a power switch problem, but that is about it!
Old 8th February 2009, 10:39   #2469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Its probably a computer monitor with a tv tuner engine bolted on.
Gurus, why not a 22 in LCD monitor (Samsung or Viewsonic which is available for 10k rs) with an external tv tuner (another 1k) connected for bedroom usage?

Wall hang the monitor & set up the computer somewhere close to it. Have Wireless keyboard/mouse for computer usage. TV usage will be through the TV tuner box. Sound would be through some decent 5.1 sound system which you use with the computer.

Computer cannot be used for serious professional work, but would be great for gaming or casual computing (browsing, chatting etc). What are the drawbacks of this approach? I only see +ves & more +ves when I think about this

(ignoring the technicals like contrast ratio, hdmi inputs, stereophonic sound for now).
Old 8th February 2009, 12:05   #2470
BHPian

Help on buying LCD

Guys,

I am looking for an 32" LCD, the streteched budget is 30000/-.
I have visited couple of them and have narrowed down to
Samsung: 32", Series 3, prices quoted 30200/-. Features include PIP, 2HDMI , supports blu ray resolution ( accprding to the sales guy) and blah-blah. This is backed by SAMSUNG customer service and hopefully peace of mind.

Sharp: 32A33: Available at Ezone for 30990/-,No PIP, 2HDMI. The guy was not able to explain features in detail nor I could find any. The other thing I was not sure about the A.S.S. However, I am somehow inclined towards SHARP due to japnese reliability.

Other produts: ??

So people, pls advise.

Tarun
Old 8th February 2009, 12:19   #2471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post
However, I am somehow inclined towards SHARP due to japnese reliability.
No serious argument here, but perhaps it would be nice to know that Sony procures around 35% of its LCD panels from Samsung (Display Search data)
Old 8th February 2009, 12:58   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
No serious argument here, but perhaps it would be nice to know that Sony procures around 35% of its LCD panels from Samsung (Display Search data)
No serious argument here but the matter does not end with procuring displays. The overall workmanship finally decides the longevity of the product. No one, but no one, comes close to the Japanese there!
Old 8th February 2009, 13:32   #2473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am somehow inclined towards SHARP due to japnese reliability.
I would too!
It is no myth that, for whatever reasons, a product made in Japan will outlive one made elsewhere!
BTW, is that Sharp TV made in Japan? I'd doubt it. Probably China. That makes it a bit confusing to choose between the two!
Old 8th February 2009, 15:33   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I would too!
It is no myth that, for whatever reasons, a product made in Japan will outlive one made elsewhere!
BTW, is that Sharp TV made in Japan? I'd doubt it. Probably China. That makes it a bit confusing to choose between the two!
I will have to check that. However is there a feedback on this SHARP model?
Old 8th February 2009, 16:28   #2475
oss
BHPian

Quote:
I will have to check that. However is there a feedback on this SHARP model?
Sharp panels are made in Japan. Panasonic & Hitachi also get their panels from Japan.

Technology-wise Sharp is the king when it comes to LCD, but can't say the same when it comes to sales figures. I too was confused between Panasonic & Sharp, but finally made up my mind to go in for Sharp. The problem with Sharp is the limited dealer network, atleast in Chennai, and the big dealers don't stock the latest models. They are still pushing L33, whereas newer models like L53 and L65 have been launched already, and only some smaller dealers are stocking them.

Sony is good if you are looking at X series and especially Bravia-4 engine. The S & V (with Bravia / Bravia2) series are nothing much to talk about. They are purely meant for selling in the mass segment in competition with Samsung & LG.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks