Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:24   #2581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Thanks Akshay, I just found out 32" Samsung 5 series is around 46k or something. Whats your review on the Panasonic Pv8d?
dunno havent got it yet but from what i could make out the lcd was brighter but the plasma was much better for normal tv. no motion lag and apparently these 10th gen plasmas dont suffer from burn in etc.
Old 22nd April 2009, 23:06   #2582
IMP
BHPian

Guys, I recently saw the Panasonic 42PV80 and the LG 42PQ60 plasma tv's side by side at one of the local electronics shop. Surprisingly the 2 had exactly the same PQ, the LG had slightly better colours (IMO), I tried hard to find fault with the LG but couldn't find any.

The LG looks gorgeous, just a single piece of glass over the entire front, thats it, looks very very nice. See it (Link to image) The border around the screen is thin compared to the PV80. Price around 45k.

Although I am not in the market to buy a plasma tv, I still did a search, and here's what i found.

There's not much info about the LG 42PQ60 on the net, it is launched recently (Mar 09) and is the latest generation plasma panel from LG and internationally it is up against the latest generation models from Panasonic (P42X10 and the like) and Samsung. Both Pana and Samsung currently have their previous gen models here for us. There's only one reputable review on Cnet UK.

I know that the Pana PV8/80 is one of the best plasma tv's around. But could anyone from the Pana gang (hehe) check it out and put forward some honest opinions about it? Since i am no expert, I could be all wrong about this, because as compared to my current crt tv all plasmas seem better to me.

Pros and Cons as compared to PV80 IMO are as follows.

Pros
  • Better design
  • Plays DivX, XviD, MPEG files directly through USB
  • Swivel Stand
  • Expert mode for video calibration adjustments
  • Good Sound quality through inbuilt speakers
  • Service Network

Cons
  • Does not have a Panasonic like track record
  • Black levels
  • Image Retention was more prominent in previous gen LG plasma tv's, could it be the same with this one also?

IMP
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:40   #2583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Thanks Akshay, I just found out 32" Samsung 5 series is around 46k or something. Whats your review on the Panasonic Pv8d?
I got my Samsung Series 5 32" for 42K around Diwali time in 2008, perfectly happy with it.

Hiren
Old 24th April 2009, 01:13   #2584
BHPian

PV8d

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
bought a panasonic pv8d for 49k. is it a decent deal?
Got my PV8D for Rs. 44,000/- in February this year. A good deal would be 43,000/- or lower ! See if you can re-negotiate your deal.
Old 24th April 2009, 01:15   #2585
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sumit Bhatti View Post
Got my PV8D for Rs. 44,000/- in February this year. A good deal would be 43,000/- or lower ! See if you can re-negotiate your deal.
hmm. not possible. the reason i was given was that dollar prices have gone up or some crap like that.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:19   #2586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hmm. not possible. the reason i was given was that dollar prices have gone up or some crap like that.

the landing price of the pv8d at the dealer is still 43k-44k, it all depends on the dealer wheter he wants to pass it onto you without the margins, my dealer from whom i pick up everything, honestly told he cant pass it on at the same rate and the min amount would be 46k-47k.
Old 24th April 2009, 19:01   #2587
BHPian

+1 fpr pana gang

hi guys
my pv8 is 4 days old.i got it for 48.5,a bad deal when compared to bangalore guys.i also got the scratch card offer.before scratching itself the showroom guys were sure it was going to be the "block buster dvd pack".i am wondering how they did that.is there any one who got those dvds.
i am throughly enjoying the plasma experience.the panasonic service engineer came for the installation.i asked him about the burnin,break-in period precaution.he drew a blank.it is also not mentioned in the manual.
guys are we over reacting about break-in period.
please throw some light.
Old 24th April 2009, 20:28   #2588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
i also got the scratch card offer.before scratching itself the showroom guys were sure it was going to be the "block buster dvd pack".i am wondering how they did that.
Any sort of lucky draw or scratch cards are pure gambling... a BS that should be banned by law in my opinion. (If it is anything known in advance, then it should be fine.)
In such cases, I believe most of the cards (or may be all?) would have the least "valued" option printed on them, or something that they would give away/promote for free anyways! So, next time onwards you should be able to guess it yourself
Old 7th May 2009, 11:34   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Guys , how do you'll manage to keep dust off the big screens , else what do you use to clean the screen up on a daily basis.
I am using a micro fiber towel from 3M it is available in all super markets. You can also use a damp lint free cloth once in a while.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:47   #2590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
hi guys
i am throughly enjoying the plasma experience.the panasonic service engineer came for the installation.i asked him about the burnin,break-in period precaution.he drew a blank.it is also not mentioned in the manual.
guys are we over reacting about break-in period.
please throw some light.
The Panasonic guy who installed my pv8 asked me to use 'standard' or 'cinema' picture settings for the first 100 hours--avoid 'dynamic' setting.
Also it is a good practice to vary the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 'Just' and '4:3' in the first month, so that the image of the channel does not show up in the same spot---just my 2 cents.
Old 9th May 2009, 21:44   #2591
BHPian

has anyone bought the new LED TV from Samsung ?

saw this new LED TV launched by Samsung at Chroma, mumbai
40" & 46" Sizes
Pic seems very bright and vivid colors
any reviews from people here ?
Old 10th May 2009, 22:26   #2592
BHPian

hi guys,
my plasma has crossed the 100hrs sucessfully,enjoying every cent i spent on it.
most of the hindi movies in the blockbuster movie gift pack is not working.though it is a free gift,i feel cheated.is there anything i can do-please advice
Old 11th May 2009, 04:33   #2593
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys. i ve been reading this thread for a long time and finally have a reason to post something.I am looking to buy a 42 inch plasma.I am aware of the positive experience that people have had with the PV80D/PV8D. I am also leaning towards buying the same set.However since its a previous year model what do you guys suggest.Also whats the current price range this particular model is going through.Also any other brand/model(samsung/lg) worth looking into. My budget is around 60k,give or take a few. thanks in advance guys.
Old 11th May 2009, 10:10   #2594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
However since its a previous year model what do you guys suggest.Also whats the current price range this particular model is going through.Also any other brand/model(samsung/lg) worth looking into. My budget is around 60k,give or take a few. thanks in advance guys.
even though its a previous year model, it offers excellent value for money. It is still better in pic quality than most 42" lcds/plasmas, I have come across and you can get one for 55k as per reports on this thread
Old 11th May 2009, 11:14   #2595
Senior - BHPian

GRAB

Get the LG 42LGX 42-inch LCD HDTV for $999.99 plus free shipping at Newegg.com.The TV normally sells for $2,399.99, but Newegg has it for $1,099.99. Add coupon code LG5112 at checkout, and you’re just under $1,000. The TV is 1.8 inches thin, and has 1080p resolution. The deal expires after today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks