Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 11:57   #2596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
GRAB

Get the LG 42LGX 42-inch LCD HDTV for $999.99 plus free shipping at Newegg.com.The TV normally sells for $2,399.99, but Newegg has it for $1,099.99. Add coupon code LG5112 at checkout, and you’re just under $1,000. The TV is 1.8 inches thin, and has 1080p resolution. The deal expires after today.
free shipping is to the US and not outside US - not to mention the kind of customs duty a 42" hdtv will attract
Old 11th May 2009, 12:57   #2597
BHPian

i am browsing around for a full-HD LCD tv to be mounted in my bedroom which can do duty as a TV as well as a Computer monitor.

I am evaluating the Samsung 40" model that comes for around 57k and Sony V40 which comes for around 74k. There is also an Bravia S40 series for around 67k.

Suggestions?
Old 11th May 2009, 16:19   #2598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
free shipping is to the US and not outside US - not to mention the kind of customs duty a 42" hdtv will attract
Yup, post was meant for US guys We do have TBHPians in US too who can utilize his offer.

And , I am yet to see a post regarding LCD LED stuff in here.

Last edited by jkdas : 11th May 2009 at 16:21.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:24   #2599

Panasonic 80D is 50K or less in Delhi plus freebies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
even though its a previous year model, it offers excellent value for money. It is still better in pic quality than most 42" lcds/plasmas, I have come across and you can get one for 55k as per reports on this thread
Bros,

Panasonic 42" PV-80D is available for 50K or less (50K was quoted to me on phone with promise of "aapka poora regard karenge") plus free DVD's. This is at the new Panasonic showroom at Kapil Vihar (Pitampura).

Best of luck!
Old 11th May 2009, 17:49   #2600
Senior - BHPian

I had a look at the panasonic pv80D. The salesman gave me a price of 52K.Apart from the price i watched tata sky on it and noticed that the picture was a little grainy.May be the setting on the tv was not properly done.People who have this set could elaborate on this.I also had a look at the LG-42.PQ60.It costs 45k with scope of little negotiation.Anybody who has this set or has seen it perform , i would appreciate if you could give your views about it.Now the chice is between the pana pv80 and lg pq60. What do you say guys.which one shgould get my hard earned money.
Old 11th May 2009, 17:54   #2601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
However since its a previous year model what do you guys suggest.Also whats the current price range this particular model is going through.Also any other brand/model(samsung/lg) worth looking into. My budget is around 60k,give or take a few. thanks in advance guys.
I being a owner of PV428 for more than 6 months is extremely happy with the picture quality paired with airtel digital TV. Who ever comes home will always be surprised to know it is plasma and not LCD and keep asking me the differences between both.

All in All I say, it is worth every penny we spend comparitive to the value of a similar featured LCD TV.

The last I heard is that someone in this forum and few in other forums were able to grab it for as less as 44K. Since you have much more money to spend, I would advise to wait for a month or so before Pana launches its latest year models.

To your question on considering Sony or Samsung, I would definetely say, go for Pana if you are considering plasma. If you are thinking about LCD, then Both Sony(V Series) and Samsung(5 series) are good in their own ways.
Old 11th May 2009, 23:42   #2602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubsmart View Post
I being a owner of PV428 for more than 6 months is extremely happy with the picture quality paired with airtel digital TV. Who ever comes home will always be surprised to know it is plasma and not LCD and keep asking me the differences between both.

All in All I say, it is worth every penny we spend comparitive to the value of a similar featured LCD TV.

The last I heard is that someone in this forum and few in other forums were able to grab it for as less as 44K. Since you have much more money to spend, I would advise to wait for a month or so before Pana launches its latest year models.

To your question on considering Sony or Samsung, I would definetely say, go for Pana if you are considering plasma. If you are thinking about LCD, then Both Sony(V Series) and Samsung(5 series) are good in their own ways.
Thanks for the info friend.

Can you please tell me how the ordinary cable tv looks at a distance of atleast 5-6ft in this Plasma TV?
Old 12th May 2009, 12:13   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvikram View Post
Thanks for the info friend.

Can you please tell me how the ordinary cable tv looks at a distance of atleast 5-6ft in this Plasma TV?
The point to remember is that if you are buying a high-end plasma or lcd, then you can get your money's worth only with a set top box, not with normal cable tv.
Nevertheless, I've used my pv8 with ordinary Hathway cable tv for a week, when my stb was giving trouble, and the pic was good, though not as good as with the stb. Sitting 5-6 feet away from a 42" is not good---you gotta sit around 10 feet away. For 5-6 feet, better go for a 14" CRT.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:40   #2604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The point to remember is that if you are buying a high-end plasma or lcd, then you can get your money's worth only with a set top box, not with normal cable tv.
Nevertheless, I've used my pv8 with ordinary Hathway cable tv for a week, when my stb was giving trouble, and the pic was good, though not as good as with the stb. Sitting 5-6 feet away from a 42" is not good---you gotta sit around 10 feet away. For 5-6 feet, better go for a 14" CRT.
Even DTH and DVD do not do full justice. What is needed is HDTV broadcast and perhaps Blu-Ray. But still it is a lot better than watching DTH and DVD on CRTs. I have both a Pioneer 42 plasma and a Sony 29 CRT, with both having Tata Sky. I do not have to go far to compare the picture quality (more lines on CRT, and much worse picture quality).

Unless HDTV comes to India, the only source for HD viewing could be Blu-Ray. Sadly, Blu-ray players are very expensive but prices are falling (~20-25K), and content is limited and expensive.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:29   #2605
Senior - BHPian

How is LED technology TV better than LCD TV, BHP'ns pich in your comments.
Old 12th May 2009, 15:11   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Unless HDTV comes to India, the only source for HD viewing could be Blu-Ray. Sadly, Blu-ray players are very expensive but prices are falling (~20-25K), and content is limited and expensive.
agreed that content is limited and expensive - unless you can get blurays from US (much cheaper). Ofcourse there is also the option of downloading (legally or p2p), HD prints of most movies . If you have a PS3, you can just dump these files on it and play to your plasma in 1080p and output 5.1 sound to your HT!!
Old 14th May 2009, 11:21   #2607
Senior - BHPian

okay guys. finally zeroed in on the panasonic 42 PV80D. Managed to strike a deal at 45k.taking delivery today.Would appreciate if somebody could tell me what are the standard asscessories that come with the telly.
Old 14th May 2009, 11:29   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
okay guys. finally zeroed in on the panasonic 42 PV80D. Managed to strike a deal at 45k.taking delivery today.Would appreciate if somebody could tell me what are the standard asscessories that come with the telly.
you should get the stand as well as the wall mount. Rest is all standard stuff like remote, batteraziz, etc. These are mentioned in the booklet. Make sure you don't get a showroom display piece (fairly common these days) - easiest trick is to put a small marker or note serial number of showroom 42pv80 (ofcourse make sure the dealer does not see you do this). ALso ensure when the tv starts it goes into factory menu and asks you "whether this tv is being installed for showroom or home use"

COngrats and welcome to the panny gang
Old 15th May 2009, 01:13   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
How is LED technology TV better than LCD TV, BHP'ns pich in your comments.
This article explains really better when it comes to the comparison of LED and LCD

LED TV vs LCD TV : LCD TV Buying Guide covers LED vs LCD
Old 15th May 2009, 10:19   #2610
Team-BHP Support

LED's are 1.5 lakhs and all, todays TOI BLR edition carries one full page add. But seeing the price i was

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks