Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2018, 14:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The quintessential Apple Watch thread

I am glad to see more watch owners pitching in. Thanks for adding your expert comments.

Pramod
Old 7th December 2018, 15:48   #17
BHPian

Apple Watch was always on my wishlist, in fact it is my reason to go back to iPhone. I have seen unboxings but never knew what a watch can do. This thread is kind of a bible for prospective buyers like me.

One question though, should we go for the Cellular or the normal one?
Old 7th December 2018, 16:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Apple Watch was always on my wishlist, in fact it is my reason to go back to iPhone. I have seen unboxings but never knew what a watch can do. This thread is kind of a bible for prospective buyers like me.

One question though, should we go for the Cellular or the normal one?
The cellular one allows you to avoid taking your phone while going on runs, if you run/go to the gym and don't like carrying the phone then this is a good option. The watch is not a replacement for your phone, so don't think you can sit down and watch youtube videos on your watch or do things you can do with a phone.

Pramod
Old 7th December 2018, 17:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The cellular one allows you to avoid taking your phone while going on runs, if you run/go to the gym and don't like carrying the phone then this is a good option.

Pramod
Thanks, so the watch is used only for fitness freaks
Old 7th December 2018, 17:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I disagree. I own a series 3 and the greatest advantage is that I don't have to have the phone physically with me, so I am contactable at all times, including office. The run/gym thing is an added advantage as it lets me play music off apple music. Also, notifications are great to attend/ignore.

I use the heart rate monitor, workout/reebok app, and face/strap change features on a regular basis.
Old 7th December 2018, 19:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:

IT can help motivating you too. No doubt, it is still entirely dependent on whether you follow it or not.
It reminds you to standup for atleast a minute, for every hour that you have been sitting.
*Sitting is the new smoking*
You can set up move/cardio goals, which can be conservative or over the top. Itll track your excercise habits, and then remind you if you are falling back on some day. Itll ask you to adjust your goals at the end of the week, if the ones you set were too high or too low.
You can compete with other friends with AWs on workouts.
Yes, fitbits can do all of this. But then, this fits into the ecosystem.
I use it as an alarm if i don't want to disturb anyone else around me.
I walk a lot. It keeps track of my walks, and it is easier to use navigation on the watch, than holding my phone while walking on the streets.
I miss it the most the day i forget to charge it 😂
Old 7th December 2018, 20:01   #22
BHPian

Dont own one but see a lot of colleagues using it for Contactless payments and to unlock their macbooks. Both nifty features!
Old 10th December 2018, 10:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
I disagree. I own a series 3 and the greatest advantage is that I don't have to have the phone physically with me, so I am contactable at all times, including office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
IT can help motivating you too. No doubt, it is still entirely dependent on whether you follow it or not.
Very much agree that the iWatch is not a mere watch. Will wait for the prices to come down and pick the cellular version.

Wonder why no one mentioned about the Red circle on the crown which looks so very cool on the cellulars
Old 10th December 2018, 11:05   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Gents, little trick is to buy from Hong Kong for a significantly cheaper price. The HK model is not the Mainland China model, is totally unlocked, is IDENTICAL to the IN model and has (supposedly) international warranty too.

We have been using a Series 3 with eSIM and all seamlessly in IN for quite some time now.
Old 11th December 2018, 18:51   #25
Team-BHP Support

Just a quick update for folks keen to know about ECG function of Watch 4. The same is active on US purchased watch and works well in other countries also. Had picked one for dad and it is working fine in India with 5.1.2 update, with region set as India on the iPhone and on the watch.

So for now it is device purchase region that decides if it is activated or not, similar to FaceTime feature and iPhones from Middle East.
Old 13th February 2019, 00:50   #26
BHPian

Hi,

I'm planning to buy Apple Watch Series 4 cellular. There is very little information about the watch working with Airtel. Amazon.in page lists only Jio as supported carrier. Anyone using Series 4 cellular on Airtel?

Thanks

-Rahul.
Old 13th February 2019, 13:04   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
I'm planning to buy Apple Watch Series 4 cellular. There is very little information about the watch working with Airtel. Amazon.in page lists only Jio as supported carrier. Anyone using Series 4 cellular on Airtel?
I use Series 4 cellular. Yes it works with Airtel postpaid connections. However, ECG function was not enabled for my watch.
Old 17th February 2019, 17:50   #28
BHPian

I was able to activate my Apple Watch on Airtel. Thank you!
Old 14th March 2019, 08:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

So my Series 3 had an issue and it went to Apple for diagnosis for a week and it made me realise how badly dependent on the watch i was! I was missing phone calls, text messages because my phone is in silent mode most of the time, standing reminders, changing songs from my wrist when listening to music, apple pay, activity tracking and reminders & notifications. I was so pissed in two days time that I went ahead and got a Apple Watch Series 4.

P.S. While I did that, also bought the HomePod to be simply able to tell my speak to play whatever song or genre i want to listen to. The convenience and quality of sound it can pump out is borderline magic.
Old 14th March 2019, 10:24   #30
BHPian

Does Apple Pay work in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks