Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 18:13   #76
BHPian

Re: The quintessential Apple Watch thread

I'm not sure about the unofficial source but I got mine from Dubai Duty-Free and it is the same model as the one in India. In fact, it is cheaper in Dubai than in the US with state tax in places like CA or WA. The only problem is some of the features take longer to get activated, for example, the ECG feature was not till it was approved for UAE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I guess this also means that if someone is buying Apple Watch from Dubai, especially from non official sources, where they usually have imports from US / UK, there is a chance it won't (properly) in India.
Old 21st November 2020, 07:53   #77
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Sorry, not an iPhone question, but seems to be an apt thread. Will an Apple Watch LTE work in India? Since iPhones from US work, i assume the LTE Watch will work as well, but wanted to confirm before i buy.
Old 21st November 2020, 09:10   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Will an Apple Watch LTE work in India?
Yes, it works fine. I just got a series-6 and it’s configured with Airtel. Just ensure that watch is updated and charged before you start pairing for cellular services from the App. It’s an auto process. We have a thread on Apple Watch too.
Old 21st November 2020, 09:36   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Sorry, not an iPhone question, but seems to be an apt thread. Will an Apple Watch LTE work in India? Since iPhones from US work, i assume the LTE Watch will work as well, but wanted to confirm before i buy.
Yes it does; but make sure your Cellular Service provider supports it.
I learnt it the hard way
Old 21st November 2020, 22:48   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Is it worth upgrading from Apple Watch 4 to 6?

I miss the “always on screen” but, is there any real world difference ( not the marketing list of features), like performance, new apps support, any smashing new feature?

I am getting a trade in of $130 for the 4 so a bit tempted 😊
Old 1st December 2020, 00:20   #81
BHPian

I am getting an Apple watch SE from the US via someone travelling to India. Should I opt for apple care+? Also can I buy it in India once the watch is here?

Please advise. Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 22:34   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week during another impromptu type of mood, I ordered the Apple Watch 6 to replace my existing Apple Watch 4.

It's been around 21 months that I have been using the Apple Watch 4 and it has served me really well and made me an Apple Watch addict for a lifetime. I cannot think of going back to normal watches ever

Apple Watch 6 comes with 2 new colors for the aluminum (Blue & Red).

I got the blue so it matches a few other things like- My iPhone and my New Bimmer

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_7563.jpg

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_7571.jpg

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_7614.jpg

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_7615.jpg

You could have guessed what I did first as soon as I got the 6

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_7581.jpg

Some things I like over the 4

1. Always "ON" feature which was sorely missed in 4. I had to twist the wrist to enable the watch on feature.

2. This has a cool feature of a nice animation whenever you are washing hands. It starts a timer for 20 seconds to remind you need to wash hands for this amount of time. I think it's a post pandemic feature...lol!

3. It also has a new feature of real time elevation of where you are and great for walkers, hikers and fitness lovers

4. Last but, not the least. The oximeter to check oxygen levels in body. This is a great feature to have

I reckon I am good until Apple releases Apple Watch 8 !!!
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 12:31   #83
BHPian

I never know that we have a separate thread for Apple watch

My series 6 watch (GPS).
I just changed the straps since the stock ones were causing some skin irritation. Also added a watch case, which makes it looks ugly, but I don't want to take any chance.

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-20210214_121910.jpg

I find the Vo2 max field is always empty / no proper value. I have used the watch for more than 30min walking and more than 1HR cycling for many days still I find it has nil value. Do I need to enable anywhere to record Vo2 Max?

App name: HeartAnalyzer

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-whatsapp-image-20210214-12.20.53-pm.jpeg
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 14:20   #84
AZT
BHPian

Heads up to anyone who bought the Apple Watch with HDFC cashback. Was expecting cashback in the usual 90 days but it's different this time. 120 business days from the last day of the transaction month is probably going to cross 5 - 6 months.
Quote:
The cashback shall be credited within 120 business days from the last date of the transaction month on a best effort basis to all open and active card members’ accounts only.
https://www.indiaistore.com/new-offer/watch
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 14:27   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I never know that we have a separate thread for Apple watch

My series 6 watch (GPS).
I just changed the straps since the stock ones were causing some skin irritation. Also added a watch case, which makes it looks ugly, but I don't want to take any chance.

Attachment 2121493

I find the Vo2 max field is always empty / no proper value. I have used the watch for more than 30min walking and more than 1HR cycling for many days still I find it has nil value. Do I need to enable anywhere to record Vo2 Max?

App name: HeartAnalyzer

Attachment 2121494

For VO2 max, you need to do some brisk(8-10mins per km) outdoor walking for 45-60mins, it work for me if i am doing regular walks daily. in covid times i am walking on terrace daily for almost 1 hour but it never showed VO2 max.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 11:26   #86
BHPian

Folks, what is the average life of an Apple Watch?
Planning to get a new watch and thinking if 50-60k are better spent on a, say, Tissot than an Apple watch with a limited life. Already have a Fitbit.

Suggestions are welcome.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 15:31   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
After using an Apple Watch for 6 years ( and getting intimidated by the intrusiveness), my wife has started using her Omega on one hand and a band( with no sync to phone) on the other.
But then, we are Mechanical watch lovers for life,so our opinions don't matter.
P.S. To answer your question, she was using the Series 0 watch, which still works( battery discharges fast).

Last edited by riteshritesh : 5th March 2021 at 15:32.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 16:02   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Planning to get a new watch and thinking if 50-60k are better spent on a, say, Tissot than an Apple watch with a limited life. Already have a Fitbit.

Suggestions are welcome.
Smart watches are mostly meant for fitness. After a few years, the respective companies will stop providing updates. Third party app makers will stop providing updates for older devices. On top of that, you will have battery degradation, the device will perform slower with each update. Basically, they are worth for a few years only. Also the local Apple store executive mentioned that the watch is not repairable, in case of an issue you have to replace it at least in India. I would say, it is good if it last for 5-6 yrs with Apple and app support.

On the other hand, well made traditional watches will last for hundreds of years with proper maintenance.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 16:30   #89
Senior - BHPian

Got the loop band recently and it feels really comfortable and watch feels lighter. If you want do sleep monitoring then its really good. Initially band was little tight but after a week of usage its now perfect for my wrist size, order the exact size which is close to your measured size.

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_0684.jpg
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 15:25   #90
BHPian

When I bought my Apple watch, initially I feared that all my other watches might be kept in the storage and unused but that is not the case. I am beginning to find the Apple watch incredibly boring. One of the reason is, I find the Apple watch faces are almost the same.

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-apple-watch-face.png

Some of them are downright ugly.

Name:  8e8673eebb7c38c7c35b0e775e57a66e.png
Views: 418
Size:  86.6 KB

Are there any mechanical watch faces available for Apple watch? Please suggest good apps. I find many of the Apple watch face apps are following a monthly / yearly subscription model which I am not very keen (ex: Clockology). That said, I am okay to make a one time purchase.

I am currently using the following free apps but I find they are more or less the same:

1. Buddywatch
2. Watchfacely
3. Facer

On the other hand, I find Samsung has some incredible watch faces.

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-samsunggears31.jpg

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-samsunggears3_2.jpg
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks