Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2019, 10:34   #31
BHPian

Re: The quintessential Apple Watch thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
Does Apple Pay work in India?
No. Apple pay doesn't work in India. Apple is facing few regulatory hurdles in getting the required licenses in India.
Old 14th March 2019, 10:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Does Apple Pay work in India?
Not yet. Also, the ECG function doesn't work yet here. Heard that they are trying to resolve both the issues this year.

Just got a 4 series non cellular watch for wife and she is simply loving it. Her daily workout tracking has become very easy and accurate.

Plus she likes the fact that it is super light in weight and lasts 1.5-2 days on single charge.
Old 14th March 2019, 10:47   #33
BHPian

I'm loving my series 4 as well. The cellular connection works really well for small phone calls and streaming Apple Music on morning runs.

Can't wait to see the Apple Pay working in India. I already stopped carrying my phone with me all the time. Now if the Pay works then I can drop my wallet as well.
Old 25th March 2019, 14:18   #34
BHPian

The Apple watch has been on my list for sometime now. I have been a Fitbit charge 2 HR user for the last 2 years (I really like it) and I have a few concerns regarding the Apple watch series 4. Can someone please help me with the following?

1. Does the Apple watch monitor heart rate continuously like the Fitbit Charge 2 HR or do we have to open an app and only then it will monitor? This is important for me. Does monitoring heart rate continuously reduce battery life?

2. What is the real life battery life (with cellular usage) - notifications only and phone near watch most of the time? I will not use the watch to answer phone calls.

3. Fitbit Charge 2 HR can monitor sleep patterns out of the box. It can tell you what your sleeping heart rate was, deep sleep hours, light sleep hours and details mapping of sleep every night. This helps me understand things about my environment and recognise potential stimulus (studying heart rates) before it becomes an issue (I am heavily allergic to a lot of things). Can the Apple watch do that? If not, can apps help it do that? Is anyone using any app to do that?

4. Is cellular absolutely necessary?

5. How does it work with third party wireless headphones? I use an old Bose QC35 (I).

Thanks!
Old 25th March 2019, 22:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
The Apple watch has been on my list for sometime now. I have been a Fitbit charge 2 HR user for the last 2 years (I really like it) and I have a few concerns regarding the Apple watch series 4. Can someone please help me with the following?

1. Does the Apple watch monitor heart rate continuously like the Fitbit Charge 2 HR or do we have to open an app and only then it will monitor? This is important for me. Does monitoring heart rate continuously reduce battery life?

2. What is the real life battery life (with cellular usage) - notifications only and phone near watch most of the time? I will not use the watch to answer phone calls.

3. Fitbit Charge 2 HR can monitor sleep patterns out of the box. It can tell you what your sleeping heart rate was, deep sleep hours, light sleep hours and details mapping of sleep every night. This helps me understand things about my environment and recognise potential stimulus (studying heart rates) before it becomes an issue (I am heavily allergic to a lot of things). Can the Apple watch do that? If not, can apps help it do that? Is anyone using any app to do that?

4. Is cellular absolutely necessary?

5. How does it work with third party wireless headphones? I use an old Bose QC35 (I).

Thanks!
1. It measures HR at few minute intervals throughout the day, and continuously while in a workout. No manual intervention needed.

2. Non cellular model will net you around 1.5 day. Not sure about the cellular one.

Point to note: Cellular model doesn't actually connect to LTE as long as it is in range and connected to your phone.

3. The best app to track sleep is Pillow. Its paid, costs Rs 400, but totally worth it.

4. No, its not. I carry my phone all day, hence, do not find it mandatory.

5. Works perfectly fine.
Old 26th March 2019, 18:42   #36
BHPian

The biggest hurdle in sleep tracking is limited battery life. I've to charge my watch every night. So the watch is not on my wrist to track sleep.

The choice of cellular depends on the use case. With my cellular watch, i don't have to carry phone on my morning walks. Also, now a days I stopped carrying my phone on short trips like to local grocery shops. I'm not tethered to the phone anymore.
Old 27th March 2019, 04:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The biggest hurdle in sleep tracking is limited battery life. I've to charge my watch every night. So the watch is not on my wrist to track sleep.

The choice of cellular depends on the use case. With my cellular watch, i don't have to carry phone on my morning walks. Also, now a days I stopped carrying my phone on short trips like to local grocery shops. I'm not tethered to the phone anymore.
Actually you can wear the watch for the night and then place it on charge immediately after you wake up and start getting ready for work. By the time you are ready to leave, the watch charges enough. Work like a treat for me.
Old 27th March 2019, 09:49   #38
BHPian

I use my watch more like light phone for notifications and quick calls. I'm more of feeling guy and not much of the 'data' guy. I go by how I feel after I wake up rather than checking my device to know how I slept. Same applies to workouts. I just don't know how to make sense of or do with the data be it heart rate, calories brunt or sleep patterns.
Old 28th March 2019, 18:30   #39
BHPian

I was shopping around for another Fitbit to replace my 2.5 year old Blaze who's glass cracked. Took the plunge and have ordered an Apple Watch. Quick question - is it advisable to use a temper glass/ screen protector or a case like this -

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Armor-C...ch%2Bcase&th=1
Old 16th April 2019, 13:47   #40
BHPian

Anyone using the Strava app on the watch,facing a peculiar problem on the series 4 one.While indoor running it shows the calories burnt but while using the workout one the calories burnt are not shown just the max heart rate & avg. HR
Old 17th April 2019, 17:59   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I was shopping around for another Fitbit to replace my 2.5 year old Blaze who's glass cracked. Took the plunge and have ordered an Apple Watch. Quick question - is it advisable to use a temper glass/ screen protector or a case like this -

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Armor-C...ch%2Bcase&th=1
I have been using my Apple watch for more than a year now without any temper glass or case. It is scratch-less. Have banged it a couple of times against doors/ walls etc., but no damage thankfully.

In my opinion these glass/ case just spoil the stock look.
Old 30th October 2019, 17:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Anybody updated the latest software? It's massive at 2 hours load time. Wondering what's new?

Last edited by Sebring : 30th October 2019 at 17:44.
Old 31st October 2019, 06:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Apple updates aren't seamless anymore. The over 600 mb software struggled to load, taking all night and finally gave up. I am trying to reload the update on my apple Watch Series3. Fingers crossed
Old 31st October 2019, 09:23   #44
BHPian

Apple updates for the watch was always slow. I remember the Series 2 taking hours to update whereas my Huawei Watch 2 and Samsung Gear S3 would update in a giffy.

Major updates being once a year, a few hours downtime is OK. I used to do it at night while going to sleep, since I dont want to track my sleep.
Old 31st October 2019, 10:23   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/1...sed-on-wearos/

There goes the 'exclusive' looks of the Apple Watch. Soon, every T, D & H will be wearing one like what happened to the AirPods! They were copied by so many manufacturers that today I will avoid buying one just for this reason.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks