Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2016, 22:44   #6046
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Here's a page of appropriate google images.
Old 17th July 2016, 12:57   #6047
BHPian

I am looking to replace my washing machine which stopped working. Did my market study and prefer to go for Bosch. So far the best deals are all online. How is the warranty support for appliances bought online is stamped? Reputed shop guys says most of them are factory seconds and normal company offered warranty will not be applicable. And i saw in amazon as add greendust warranty. Green dust is dealing with only factory seconds?
Old 17th July 2016, 13:11   #6048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
I am looking to replace my washing machine which stopped working. Did my market study and prefer to go for Bosch. So far the best deals are all online. How is the warranty support for appliances bought online is stamped? Reputed shop guys says most of them are factory seconds and normal company offered warranty will not be applicable. And i saw in amazon as add greendust warranty. Green dust is dealing with only factory seconds?
This is my personal opinion. Preferably go to a white goods store, like Pai or any other and you can push hard to get a price match with the online offers. Dealing with a store gives you an opportunity to have a real person to contact for follow up services and these stores also provide warranty beyond company warranty for a nominal price. Though I buy most things online, I didn't want to rely on a dealer I couldn't see and speak to with regards to after sales support and this helped.
Old 17th July 2016, 21:55   #6049
BHPian

Quote:
Installation and A.S.S will be handled by Bosch themselves. These days no dealer has the time or margins to help customers after the purchase. Although I bought my Bosch locally because I was getting a better price and an exchange value for my defunct WM, in your case I would go for online purchase as that is a better deal. Just make sure the warranty is genuine by asking the seller.
Old 17th July 2016, 22:30   #6050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to replace my washing machine which stopped working. Did my market study and prefer to go for Bosch. So far the best deals are all online.
I bought all my major goods at a regular store as they easily matched the price of online deals without any pressure.
Delivery was quick and they ensured installation was done ASAP.
Trt bargaining with the local shop without mentioning the online prices and see what price they give.
Old 19th July 2016, 21:45   #6051
Senior - BHPian

My 10 year old Samsung refrigerator had started acting. Looks like it had stopped cooling, getting foul smell the moment we open the door. I could still feel the motor running. It was not touched/Serviced not even once in these 10 years. Any idea what could be the reason?

I'm looking for a good technician who can fix it. I'm put up in HSR - Bangalore.
Old 20th July 2016, 00:33   #6052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
My 10 year old Samsung refrigerator had started acting. Looks like it had stopped cooling, getting foul smell the moment we open the door.
This happened to me too. I called Samsung support and it was something minor, I think the capacitor. Cannot remember exactly but it cost <1000. The AC was giving out hot air.
Old 20th July 2016, 11:57   #6053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 10 year old Samsung refrigerator had started acting. Looks like it had stopped cooling, getting foul smell the moment we open the door. I could still feel the motor running. It was not touched/Serviced not even once in these 10 years. Any idea what could be the reason?

I'm looking for a good technician who can fix it. I'm put up in HSR - Bangalore.
Listen carefully to check if the compressor is running or not. One can be confused easily by the air blower sound. Pull the refrigerator away from the wall and you will find the compressor at the back. If the compressor motor is running there will be a slight hum and a bit of vibration. If it is running then it is one of these
. Thermostat failure
. Gas Leakage

If the compressor is not running then it may be either the capacitor or the overload relay.

In either case you will have to consult a repair personnel.

OT
In case there is a major problem and it requires more than a couple of thousands in repair, just sell it of as is, as in most cases once am old refrigerator starts giving problem, there will be no end to it. In Delhi I have sold my old non functioning refrigerators for between 1,000 and 2,000 rupees, and a fully functional 200L, 12 year old for 3,000. So there is not much difference in resale of conked or running refrigerators.
Old 20th July 2016, 14:23   #6054
BHPian

My over 5 years old Racold Geyser (25 liters) gave up. When I called the company mechanic, he said that the coil has gone bust and would need replacment. He is quoting 2500 if I get it from him and around 3250 if I get it from Racold through their ticketing system.

I also checked online for geyser, and found this particular american micronic model
http://www.amazon.in/AMERICAN-MICRON...rican+micronic

The reviews are all awesome. But I do not find any indication that this company sells geysers anwhere else.

In other models there is a price difference of around 2-3000 for 25 liters and around a couple of 1000 rupees for a 15 liter one. I also liked the one from Venus which comes with a remote and a digital programmable timer. What s your advice?
Old 21st July 2016, 00:10   #6055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
My over 5 years old Racold Geyser (25 liters) gave up.
I also liked the one from Venus which comes with a remote and a digital programmable timer. What s your advice?
Your location says Mumbai. Why do you need a Geyser then
On a serious note, won't an instant geyser be a better choice for a place like Mumbai since there won't be much usage?
Old 21st July 2016, 00:16   #6056
Senior - BHPian

In Geysers AO Smith, is where the story begins and ends.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/ao-s...rm=29976379885

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
What s your advice?
Old 21st July 2016, 09:25   #6057
BANNED

Quote:
If it is minor get it fixed, else ten years is about the lifespan of any white good. So replacement with Inverter unit will be the option I will select. I wonder if the into is R12 (maybe) then even the gas will not be available.
Old 23rd July 2016, 12:13   #6058
Senior - BHPian

My 5 year old LG 46inch smart TV display is gone. There is a huge amount of black space on the screen and the images are displayed only on the other half. Apparently, my little one was playing and hit the screen with a hard object. No physical cracks on the outer screen though.

I called LG service, and they promptly sent their engineer the next day, and his conclusion within a minute of switching on was that the panel is gone inside and that needs to be changed and that costs 30 K Bucks.

Any one has other ideas for this? And if the only option is to replace the display panel inside, then, does it really cost 30K bucks? Any ideas are welcome.
Old 23rd July 2016, 14:23   #6059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
My 5 year old LG 46inch smart TV display is gone. There is a huge amount of black space on the screen and the images are displayed only on the other half. Apparently, my little one was playing and hit the screen with a hard object. No physical cracks on the outer screen though.

I called LG service, and they promptly sent their engineer the next day, and his conclusion within a minute of switching on was that the panel is gone inside and that needs to be changed and that costs 30 K Bucks.

Any one has other ideas for this? And if the only option is to replace the display panel inside, then, does it really cost 30K bucks? Any ideas are welcome.
If the whole frame is displayed in half a screen, then the hit has just changed the frame size settings, and that could be repaired. On the other hand if what is displayed is partial frame (relevant to that part of the screen real estate), then the wiring inside the panel is gone and the panel has to be repaired.

If the TV can be repaired for a couple of thousand, then it is worth it, else with a 5 year TV spending 30K is not worth it, as time for other components to fail has come.
Old 23rd July 2016, 15:03   #6060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
If it is minor get it fixed, else ten years is about the lifespan of any white good. So replacement with Inverter unit will be the option I will select. I wonder if the into is R12 (maybe) then even the gas will not be available.
I've searched online found these peoples : Pinnacle Services. They found the following things to be replaced

Defrost timer : 1600
Biometel + Fuse : 735
Service charge : 350

I've paid 2500/-

Most Viewed