Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 15:23   #91
Senior - BHPian

Anyone working for LG Consumer Products- Need help

We purchased an LG Tromm washign machine in 2004. Recently we noticed that it spills out water during wash cycles. We contacted the LG service centre and they sent a guy to check it. He opened the top and told us that the outer drum made of plastic has cracked and needed replacement. When we saw it we found that it was already cracked and had been fused together with an adhesive. Now after 4 years the viberations had broken more of it and hence the leakage.
We showed it to him and he said that after 4 years it cannot be proved that the drum was broken at the time of buying itself. But seriously how many of us make the shopkeeper open the top and show us the interiors while buying? There was no way we could have known about the broken plastic drum while purchasing.
The total cost of replacement has been quoted at 5000 Rs for a broken plastic covering that too only the rear portion. Is it that costly? I mean the whole machine costs Rs 18000 odd and a small circular portion costs its 1/3rd?
Can someone help me in this?
Old 30th September 2008, 15:26   #92
Senior - BHPian

If its broken, it has to be replaced.

I understand your problem and none of us can open up all our consumer goods to chek internally while buying, but the service guy is right.

If you have to fight, take it up with the dealer who sold it. Probably he glued it together, but 4 years is a long time for all this.

Best Option: Let it go, get it replaced at your cost.
Old 30th September 2008, 15:44   #93
BHPian

There are Indian Jugaads available for everything, You are in the Heart of Jugaad Land, It will be a lot of trouble but certainly save you 5000/- if you scope out Gaffar and Karol Bagh markets.
Even the service Guy would get you something cheaper " off the record" . It does not make sense to Reinvest 35% of Original Value after nearly 5 years of Usage. These are My own sentiments though and your emotional quotient may have varied response, but if I were you, the service guy would get his "fee" and do the needful.......
Old 30th September 2008, 15:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

You have no way to prove that the drum was broken from day one, and please dont waste precious time trying to convince the consumer court about the same too.

It should not be very hard to fix a crack in plastic. I suggest you have the drum removed by a generic appliances repair person and try and figure out what can be done. The price of a new drum is too high.

Anyway, it is extremely pathetic to hear that you have been saddled with a repaired unit whether by LG themselves (unlikely), or by the dealership.
Old 30th September 2008, 15:49   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
We showed it to him and he said that after 4 years it cannot be proved that the drum was broken at the time of buying itself. But seriously how many of us make the shopkeeper open the top and show us the interiors while buying? There was no way we could have known about the broken plastic drum while purchasing.
Visited engineer was very correct at his part as such claims are majorly entertained within 1-2 weeks of purchase. However, you do not have any point proving that it hasn't been done from after market.

Dealers do such kinda stuff just to pass lemons, though it is done usually to not-so-knowledgeable customers. I would suggest to check the product and accessories provided thoroughly before taking the delivery or handing over check/cash to concerned dealer, as it is your hard earned money only.

Best thing you can do is to catch hold the Dealer only...
Old 30th September 2008, 15:51   #96
Team-BHP Support

That is sad. Talk to the dealer, and if he does not agree, then make sure you paste negative reviews with photographs everywhere. What was done is pure cheating. You were sold a defective product and the dealer/distributor or somebody in the chain intentionally cheated
Old 30th September 2008, 16:00   #97
BHPian

You've been sold a company seconds / transit damage piece for sure. LG would have made it clear to the dealer about this and sold it to him at 30-35% less on invoice value. He's cheated you by passing it off as a fresh piece. But like

Your best way out IMHO would be to visit the LG service outlet in person and talk to the owner to get the part repaired / replaced. It'll be better if you first take it up with the dealer who'll then call up the service guy at his end too,just so that things move faster. And since you've been taken for a ride do not forget to intimate the company of this. All LG service centres have customer care in-charge nos, on display so you can call him up too. Follow this link Life's Good

Last edited by WasavaTyres : 30th September 2008 at 16:04.
Old 30th September 2008, 16:31   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mean the whole machine costs Rs 18000 odd and a small circular portion costs its 1/3rd?
Heh. You are lucky that it was not a Skoda.
Old 30th September 2008, 16:37   #99
BHPian

As most have mentioned before, I seriously doubt if anyone working in LG would be of any help here in case you are looking for a claim. However one thing they could do is check if you could get the damaged part replaced by checking if their seconds inventory is carrying such a part, since the model is around 4 years old for all you know it might be obsolete.

If the quote given for that is still high, repair seems to be the next better cheaper option.
Old 30th September 2008, 16:50   #100
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunate that you got cheated.

But for the time and effort that you might spend on this, ie chasing / shouting / pleading, will be worth more than a new washing machine. After 4 years, you are at a disadvantage.

Better get a new one or get it fixed.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:04   #101
BHPian

Check for exchange offers. You may get good one as it is festival time. If you are able to get 4K for the present Wasjing machine then go ahead
Old 30th September 2008, 17:13   #102
BHPian

We had a IFB BOsch Front Loading machine and it served us for good 10 years. One fine day it drum cracked and the machine was actually jumping while in operation. We contacted the Service Centre and the guy came over inspected the drum and said it needs replacement and it would cost somewhere around 8K. We fixed up with the Service guy and he said that he can arrange it for 4 K + 1 K for him but that'll be without bill. I told him that it is ok and i dont need the bill, but if the damn thing doesn't work i'm gonna grab hold of your neck. It has been working absolutely fine for a year now.

In short the best option is maandvali with the service guy.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:34   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
We had a IFB BOsch Front Loading machine and it served us for good 10 years.

In short the best option is maandvali with the service guy.
On a totally different note, let me guess. Are you from Mumbai/Pune... or at least somewhere else in Maharastra?
Old 30th September 2008, 17:51   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
On a totally different note, let me guess. Are you from Mumbai/Pune... or at least somewhere else in Maharastra?
No buddy!!! Am very much from Delhi
Old 1st October 2008, 11:44   #105
Senior - BHPian

All LG TROMM washing machines are CBU from Korea. So, chances of having a re-work done or being a second's sale product is very rare.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks