Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2024, 18:36   #10186
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Noob question: Does it really help keeping the taste intact while reducing oil usage by 70-80%?
It is practically a small sized convection oven. To answer your question - no it does not taste the same.
cryptarchy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 18:58   #10187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking for some recommendations for Air Fryers? Budget is ~5-7k

Noob question: Does it really help keeping the taste intact while reducing oil usage by 70-80%?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
It is practically a small sized convection oven. To answer your question - no it does not taste the same.
Don't know about others, but from my experience, it is a novelty appliance and may not see much usage after the initial excitement dies
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 07:37   #10188
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for some recommendations for Air Fryers? Budget is ~5-7k

No. The taste is not the same.
After using it initially, I think it's the same as a convection oven but with restricted space. If you have a convection oven (even the microwave ones which have convection mode) that's better than these air friers if reducing oil is the objective. The taste will not be the same here too.

But our frier has been lying around... For over a year now.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 00:05   #10189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
After using it initially, I think it's the same as a convection oven but with restricted space. If you have a convection oven (even the microwave ones which have convection mode) that's better than these air friers if reducing oil is the objective.

I have both an air fryer and a convection MWO. If one is interested in "air frying", an air fryer is much more efficient for the job (albeit for smaller portions at a time). A convection MWO wastes a lot of energy for the same job because its volume is not optimized for "air frying".
Old 30th March 2024, 11:50   #10190
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys, which atta chakki (flour mill) for domestic purpose is best in terms of relibility, ease of maintenance and warranty support? Budget 15 to 17k. We need it for wheat and rice only at home.

Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:00   #10191
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for a good double door fridge?
Old 6th April 2024, 11:57   #10192
BHPian

After many years, now thinking of buying an AC at home (Bangalore). Althought it will be used only for 3 to 4 months a year we are now thinking of going for it with the WFH possibilities as well as to enjoy some creature comforts that we have abstained for this long.

We will need 2 of them for the 2 rooms we have.

Question is, assuming we use it for 5 days a week + all nights, but only for 3 to 4 months a year, is it worth buying a 5* instead of a 3*?

Secondly, any specific brands? In this thread I see very high recommendation for Daikin, Bluestar, next being LG/samsung/Panasonic. Although very subjective with varied feedback, is there any particular brand you would suggest? I live on Sarjapur road Bangalore and just to go by ease/service quality would anyone be able to suggest any particular brand?
Old 6th April 2024, 13:32   #10193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
After many years, now thinking of buying an AC at home (Bangalore). Althought it will be used only for 3 to 4 months a year we are now thinking of going for it with the WFH possibilities as well as to enjoy some creature comforts that we have abstained for this long.

We will need 2 of them for the 2 rooms we have.

Question is, assuming we use it for 5 days a week + all nights, but only for 3 to 4 months a year, is it worth buying a 5* instead of a 3*?

Secondly, any specific brands? In this thread I see very high recommendation for Daikin, Bluestar, next being LG/samsung/Panasonic. Although very subjective with varied feedback, is there any particular brand you would suggest? I live on Sarjapur road Bangalore and just to go by ease/service quality would anyone be able to suggest any particular brand?
I'd recommend Daikin or LG. For limited usage for few weeks in the year, you can consider 3 star if price difference is high for your budget. I'd also recommend to buy a good voltage stabilizer.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks