Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 00:09   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys... hoping that my Bosch will last a few years yet, after I removed the dead rat and the circuit board it had damaged, and fitted the expensive spare sent from Europe... but you have convinced me: I will not buy IFB anyway. I will go for one of the Koreans rather than buy IFB.

These companies need to start learning how their quality and their actions are exposed to all on the internet. Whether it is Skoda or IFB or whoever, they need to know that however much they spend on advertising, their customers will spread the truth about them.
Quote:
The dialogue that takes the cake? "Sir please move the machine carefully, if it gets scratched then you are responsible. We need to rectify and sell it".
For their own sakes, and for that of their shareholders, let alone their customers, these companies need to give up short-sighted idiotic make-a-buck-today policy.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:27   #887
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
We have a funny problem here. My dad refuses to buy a water purifier, saying that he doesn't get filtered water at his office, and mom doesn't get filtered water at the college either, so using filtered water at home will weaken the immune system and family members will be more prone to diseases from the not-so-filtered water at workplaces ? Is he right ?

He is right, IMHO. There is a good reason tourists get dysentry from water / food at a differnt place, but the locals at the same place do not.

However well you cook / disinfect / whatever your food or water, there will be some germs / bacteria in it. It does not affect the locals because they have immunity to the bacteria. But an outsider would not have immunity to local variants of the bacteria, and other harmful microbes.

Same logic applies here.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:50   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
^ His logic holds no water (no pun intended!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
He is right, IMHO. There is a good reason tourists get dysentry from water / food at a differnt place, but the locals at the same place do not.

It does not affect the locals because they have immunity to the bacteria.
Conflicting views...confusing a confused soul... :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
In this case, apart from a good water purifier, you need to get 2 good sized water bottles as well for your mom and dad to carry water with them. I am not joking here. Once many people in my mom's office were infected with jaundice and they tracked it to, believe it or not, a dead monkey in the office water tank (happened some 12 years back at a central govt office in Parliament Street, Delhi) . Thankfully mom escaped since she used to carry drinking water.
Dead monkey !!...Lucky you..umm..I mean, your mom. Mommy and Daddy, it's time to carry water bottles or I'll serve you a legal notice. :P
Old 19th April 2010, 13:08   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

However well you cook / disinfect / whatever your food or water, there will be some germs / bacteria in it. It does not affect the locals because they have immunity to the bacteria. But an outsider would not have immunity to local variants of the bacteria, and other harmful microbes.

Same logic applies here.
IMO, there is no justification for uncleanliness. And unclean water is on the top of the list when it comes to spreading diseases. Furthermore, there are diseases/parasites for which the body does not have defenses against, according to allopathy. Even if it did, prevention is always better than cure.

All this talk about immunity not getting developed due to clean water does not hold a drop of water.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:42   #890
BHPian

It's 3-1 in favor of a water filter now. Dad's gotta listen this time.
Old 20th April 2010, 09:49   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
It depends on your family size and hence your water usage. For a nuclear family (4 people), it will last for more than an year. But yes, this is suitable only for non-hard water sources or if you cannot detect the hardness by taste (minimally hard).
I had been using pureit for the last 2 years when they were selling it for 1600 rs, and never had it lasted for more than 3 months. but again, it always depends on the quality and hardness of the water.

The problem is not how much it last. How can they charge 400 rs for a 4 cm piece of chlorine. It is definitely no value for money.

The problem is solved since I have removed that battery thingy and moved to a house with a well. Boiled water is best.
Old 21st April 2010, 14:14   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
I had been using pureit for the last 2 years when they were selling it for 1600 rs, and never had it lasted for more than 3 months. but again, it always depends on the quality and hardness of the water.

The problem is not how much it last. How can they charge 400 rs for a 4 cm piece of chlorine. It is definitely no value for money.

The problem is solved since I have removed that battery thingy and moved to a house with a well. Boiled water is best.
You are using an old model, they came out with a newer one at 2k apprx. it depends on your water consumption, the more you use the frequently you will have to change the cartridge.
Old 21st April 2010, 14:22   #893
BHPian

So the cartridge/battery is just a good old chlorine tablet ? Sucks...
Old 21st April 2010, 15:41   #894
Senior - BHPian

With regard to PureIT:

I have been using it close to 2 years now and have nothing to complain about. The kit comes for about 5 months. And I did buy it @ Rs.1600.

It is serving its purpose very well and without any of the issue.

Not sure what is the new variant changes, but as far I noticed, they (HLL) increased the price from 1600 to 1800 and now to 2000. What ever the change with the styling, I am sure they use the same inventory set for the battery kit, which does the actual job.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:02   #895
BHPian

PureIt : I have been using at two different locations.

Bought first one for Rs.1600/- introductory price, and the other for Rs.1800/-.

No issues till date.

Enquired about the New Model for Rs.2000/- and I was told that one can connect it to a permanent tap connection, which was not possible in the earlier models.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:21   #896
BHPian

I have no issues with the working of PureIt. The water is clean. There is no chlorine taste in water, and they usually come the next day I order a new battery.

Mine is a family of 4. The water is not hard here. The water is pretty much clean visibly. Still we have to replace the battery every 3 months.

I was talking about value for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Even if it was 200 rs it would have been okay, but 400...
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:13   #897
BANNED

I travel quite a bit, (on public transport for my official work) and always carry one or two bottles of boiled water with me. I will not drink water from a purifier unless the cooler / purifier and the tank which feeds it is cleaned properly, and I have some direct information of who, when, and how this cleaning happens.
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:54   #898
Distinguished - BHPian

Defective IFB Washing Machine's Serial Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Bought IFB washing machine and Samsung AC.

One word about IFB - The WORST Customer Service I have ever seen in my life. Word of advice - STAY AWAY. Can you imagine being delivered a WM with a broken table top and I have to make 2 calls a day to get it replaced? Still waiting for the spare. Machine replacement? You must be kidding. They won't do that if it's only the table top that's broken.

Lost my peace of mind trying save some bucks buy buying from CSD. CSD had only IFB, Samsung and Whirlpool WMs.

So my sincere advice is to stay away from IFB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
So the spare finally comes. They fix it, install the machine, run it and we find it making strange noises. Intaller gives us all kind of crap - This is from India not Goa, this is not Bosch, this is senator model - So this is normal. Blasted him. Then mechanic comes, says the power board has gone bust!

Call up and blast whoever I get from IFB. Offered replacement. Replacement? My foot. They should have done that at first instance when the machine was delivered broken.

IFB has gone down the drain at all levels and is using it's yesteryear Front Load washing machine king image to survive and fool customers.

The dialogue that takes the cake? "Sir please move the machine carefully, if it gets scratched then you are responsible. We need to rectify and sell it".
Let me post the serial number tomorrow.
Here't the defective washing machine's Serial Number! IFB Buyers BEWARE.
IFB WASHING MACHINE SENATOR 6KG
WT STR 6KG B 073399

Replacement machine has come. Lets hope this works!!
Old 27th April 2010, 09:07   #899
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I am looking for good metal Safety Door installers in Mumbai - I had a safety door installed by these guys - Star Fabricators in Pune & it had a really great finish - really different from any other metal safety door. This was around 2 years back & they charged me around 7500 Rs - was more expensive than other vendors I had talked to, but really worth it. If anyone knows of similiar manufactures in Mumbai, do let me know. The Pune guys also install in Bombay but it would cost 3 to 4 K more for them to install in Bombay.
Old 1st May 2010, 23:41   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Having Moved in to a new house and with addition of new family members, i am looking for a 290 Ltr fridge. Zeroed in on LG GL-305VVX5 ,

LG Frost Free Refrigerators with Green Ion Door Cooling Technology, External Micom & Child Lock

Surprisingly , after 100+ phone calls to every dealer in Delhi, nobody is able to make them available to me, the best LG shop In lajpat ngr is having trouble sourcing this. it been 15 days since, i am searching for this model and no success so far . really frustrating. best part is that when i called up some body ( GM in LG ) he just shrugged me off .. really frustrating .. i couldn,t find such features in other manufacturer , else would have drop the purchase .what surprises me most is the fact that even if u r ready to pay, you don,t get service ...

My point is if they cannot meet the demand , why they are launching those products in market .. completely useless IMO, or is it so that they are trying to create Artificial demand
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I think , it's a case of creating artificial demand as well . the guy in showroom , himself confirmed that he has sold 10-11 pieces himself of that particular model around previous week , Never the less , guy is pretty much interested in arranging the same for me and is trying hard, what really pissed me off was that the dealer ( whom i visited previously )was forcing me to go for previous years model ..i wish i could that dealer in front of everybody, to set an example for other dealers ..anyways looking for an alternative now ....i cannot wait anymore...LOSS for LG at the end of day
Sushil,

If u haven't bought one yet, u can NOW check out the same model in the market.

The dealer was simply bluffing, there's no way he could have sold 10-11 pieces by then.

Its the 1st Frost free fridge model by LG with an in built PCB. Had some issues regarding the same while production hence, the delay. All issues have been sorted out and now its in mass production.

Last edited by kpzen : 1st May 2010 at 23:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks