Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 17:12   #1036
BHPian

carboy-To be frank the first guy from Franchise service who attended the complaint told me the same thing that "Sir you should have opted for front loading"

However when the service person from IFB visited he quoted "Sir you did a wise decision to buy top loading". He mentioned that there might be some problem with "Shock absorbers" as backseatdriver has pointed out.

But still I am not convinced how a new product can have such problem even without using it for one year?
Old 8th July 2010, 19:54   #1037
BHPian

I believe that most problems related to washing machines making noise and running around can be attributed to surfaces which are not level.
If you have a height adjustable stand for your machine, try leveling the machine with the guide of a water level or spirit level.
It might help.
Old 8th July 2010, 23:44   #1038
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I have IFB Elena and I am fed up with this crappy washing machine. It runs around while spinning. Sometimes it goes very far and the plug gets unplugged

I would not recommend this WM to anyone. I should have bought Siemens.
But my experience has been quite contrary. We have been using an IFB T2400 front loading washing machine for about 14 years now. It is still working without any trouble (touch wood!) except for the recent replacement of drain pump, body, drive belt and the front rubber gasket. 14 years and just these repairs, I consider it a great product. Could also be that their products during those times were of high quality. But I agree service has been pathetic. Biggest problem is with the spares. But I haven't had to call them that often since the machine has been wonderful throughout and didn't require frequent repairs. Fill it shut it forget it.

By the way this one also had the infamous running problem especially during the final spin. But I fixed that by permanently fixing the stand in concrete. Now it is rock steady

@Sanju: As long as they care to respond to your calls, I guess there is a chance you could some how get them to fix it. Only that you have to be persistent. If I was in your position I would some how try to get the service center to fix it since I have already bought it and have to somehow get it running again. If this fails then I am afraid consumer court is the only hope.
Old 9th July 2010, 00:07   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
I believe that most problems related to washing machines making noise and running around can be attributed to surfaces which are not level.
If you have a height adjustable stand for your machine, try leveling the machine with the guide of a water level or spirit level.
It might help.
Not necessarily true. Let me share a very wierd example -

I am staying at a hotel right now. I've stayed there in the past - their have a good gym with several treadmills. The treadmills have not changed since my last visit. But the flooring has changed - it is now one of those fake wood types.

I've had to stop using the treadmills because now they actually move forward when I run on them . What kind of floor is your IFB standing on? Post a picture.
Old 9th July 2010, 00:18   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
front loading in thier homes told me few disadvantages with that (such as more water consumption etc)
Wrong; top loading consumes more water than front loading. What jkdas intended to ask probably was, IFB makes excellent front loading & why did you intend to select top loading from them?

As a last option, you could try switching over from the franchise service guy to company operated service centre, even if it requires you to take the WM to their service station. Trust me this is easier than taking the issues to consumer court. When everything fails, take it to consumer court.
Old 9th July 2010, 00:28   #1041
Senior - BHPian

top loading machines move/make sound when the center of mass of total load is off-center . it increases exponentially till it stops. Happened a couple times with our machine.

stop it and rearrange the load and see if that helps. IFB can not do much against laws of physics. The other possibility is machine itself is off balance because of incorrect hardware/installation which is highly unlikely.

EDIT: Remove/block wheels when you don't intend them to move them. Also, look at possibility of faulty water control into the machine and using correct amount of load.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 9th July 2010 at 00:35.
Old 9th July 2010, 10:12   #1042
BHPian

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. The company person who visited our home last month did all the experiments such as adjusting the stand,water level,load and also tested the Shock absorbers etc but still sound was there.

Yestarday evening he gave me a call (after my sms effect) and said that he will take it to IFB service unit (Head Office) in 2 days and check it thoroughly.

However the Area Manager of IFB who promised me to call within 2hours has'nt called me yet.The way he was speaking did'nt looked like he is a professional. I will see the developments and update you all.

Many Thanks
Old 9th July 2010, 10:21   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Now, how can this happen?

Problematic IFBs are supposed to be as rare as perfect ASC from Tata/Fiat. (ok, ok, there you go .... )
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
But my experience has been quite contrary. We have been using an IFB T2400 front loading washing machine for about 14 years now. It is still working without any trouble (touch wood!) except for the recent replacement of drain pump, body, drive belt and the front rubber gasket. 14 years and just these repairs, I consider it a great product. Could also be that their products during those times were of high quality.
The older IFB washing machines were of highest quality. However, after Bosch severed its ties with IFB, the product quality dipped dramatically. Most of my friends who brought IFB washing machines in the past five years constantly complain about the quality and noise.
Old 9th July 2010, 10:48   #1044
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have IFB Elena and I am fed up with this crappy washing machine. It runs around while spinning. Sometimes it goes very far and the plug gets unplugged

I would not recommend this WM to anyone. I should have bought Siemens.
Ah, our favourite story of the dancing WMs on this thread!
My IFB machine called Senorita also dances to its own tunes during the spin dry operation.

While we have now gotten used to this outlet of its creativity, giving it a whole room for the sequence, our new maid had the shock of her life when she came for cleaning. She was stunned to see a WM run all around a room and literally dragging the extension box with it. She shreiked. I came, pushed the machine back to its place, and carried on with my activities as if nothing ever happened. :P

EDIT : I would never go to the extent of saying i would never recommend this machine to anyone.. it does it job well.. just that its a bit like the Maid in Manhattan story.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th July 2010 at 10:49.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:12   #1045
BANNED

This question is addressed to owners of non IFB washing macines.

Is there a dancer (or is it a danseuse?) hidden in the hearts of your washing machine?

I used to have a Godrej top loading fully automatic, which used to get very noisy if clothes are dumped in, but it will politely try to correct the imbalance itself; and will beep if it cannot do that by itself. But it certainly was no artiste.
Old 9th July 2010, 13:03   #1046
Senior - BHPian

As I mentioned earlier too, IFB washing machine has a dead weight on the top of the outer drum and balancers just like shock absorbers at both sides in the bottom back attached to the outer drum. It seems they have reduced the dead weight and quality of the balancers which is resulting in the dance.

People could try the 3M rubber pads to be stuck below the 4 legs of the machine, Its available in Hometown. They are just like rubber paws you have below your modems/ routers preventing a skid.
Old 9th July 2010, 13:45   #1047
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
People could try the 3M rubber pads to be stuck below the 4 legs of the machine, Its available in Hometown. They are just like rubber paws you have below your modems/ routers preventing a skid.
Dadu, after i logged a complaint on the IFB website against the dancing issue, they came and fixed rubber shoes to the machine, at my expense. Even that didnt work.

So, now i realized you cant take the dance outta the machine.
Old 9th July 2010, 14:17   #1048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Is there a dancer (or is it a danseuse?) hidden in the hearts of your washing machine?
No.

I was once told, by a washing machine engineer, that an "dancing" machine can destroy a kitchen!
Old 9th July 2010, 15:00   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have IFB Elena and I am fed up with this crappy washing machine. It runs around while spinning. Sometimes it goes very far and the plug gets unplugged.
Same issue was with my sisters IFB Elena but was taken care completely by IFB service guy. Since then machine did not move an inch during washing. We have not seen the 'dancing' issue in other 2 IFB's that we have. Our IFB DIVA is standing firm directly on floor!!! While IFB ELITE DX is on a strong/heavy custom made wooden stand.

Last edited by HammerHead : 9th July 2010 at 15:02.
Old 9th July 2010, 15:15   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
I have an LG Washer Dryer combo - came at a stiff price - but strictly no dancing & is super silent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks