Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2010, 15:04   #1786
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
One of our friends went for Godrej. The have excellent range and installation. The only down side is that the modules are factory made, and you have to tailor the kitchen to the modules. In this case, they had to break the kitchen slab to accommodate the lower modules.
I don't have any experience with Godrej Kitchen stuff, but I have a lot of experience with their regular furniture - and it's lousy.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:29   #1787
BHPian

HI Guys,

I'm looking for a fully Auto top loading Washing Machine with a strict budget of 20K. Could you guys please help me out with a good WM with good ***.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 28th December 2010, 14:51   #1788
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
HI Guys,

I'm looking for a fully Auto top loading Washing Machine with a strict budget of 20K. Could you guys please help me out with a good WM with good ***.

Thanks,
Ramki
I have owned a LG top 6.5 kg loader for 5 1/2 years now. I think it cost around 15k. Only part needing change till now is one cost less than 50 rupees & that too 6 months back.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:52   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HI Guys,

Thanks,
Ramki
Look at Whirlpool with a steel tub and built in heater (remember detergents work best with water temp between 35 to 40 degree C), good rugged machines and well structured and efficient A.S.S. (own one) Whirlpool India > Products > Washing Machines > Fully Automatic(Top Load)

another contender would be Panasonic but not sure about the price point.
Old 31st December 2010, 09:49   #1790
BHPian

Carboy and Khoj,
thanks for your replies.
I've finalized on LG. I"m using borewell water, so which inner tub (plastic or steel) is best suited for this?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 31st December 2010, 10:13   #1791
BANNED

Guys, I am looking for a washing machine, front loading with 6 to 7 kg capacity and ceramic heater and also that can dry cloths completely.
There are few in the market of which I know LG, Samsung.
Kindly suggest the best in around 30 to 35k Rupees.
Old 31st December 2010, 10:24   #1792
BHPian

I have been a long time user of LG for washing and 100% drying
LG F1203CDP Washer Dryer Combos - 6Kg/3 Kg Inverter Direct Drive Washer Dryer, Blue White Color,Favourite, Intensive Wash, Baby Care, Tub Clean, Mixed, Sports Wear,Night, Cupboard Dry, Iron Dry, Eco dry, Time Dry, Less temperature - LG Electronics IN

The 100% drying is a useful feature but i would not use it everytime just in emergency situations - especially when you have to catch a flight in a few hours :-)
Otherwise 90% drying is part of the standard wash cycle and I left it at that.
I had got this model for 35k, but I am not sure if LG still sells this one or has something similar - i think the term CDP (f1203cdp) is for 100% drying but not sure.
Old 31st December 2010, 11:12   #1793
BANNED

@jassi: Just remember drying takes a lot of power and may take an hour plus. Also, the maximum load is only 50% of the wash load.
Old 31st December 2010, 11:28   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

how can anyone buy a crockpot in India? Slow cooker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

btw, clearly TBHPians seem to not bother about any harmful effects of cooking in microwave - there are a bunch of my friends who love it and others who advice using 'em only for reheating and not cooking (lots of FUD regarding the radiation).

need to buy one soon!
Old 31st December 2010, 12:22   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
HI Guys,

Thanks,
Ramki

Go for whirlpool top loading 7kg with hot water wash. Cost INR 16000 (+ reebok watch)
Have been using it for the past 1yr and its awesome.
It can really get dirty out of any cloth.
But the spinner is so fast that in hard mode it can even rip you jeans into pieces.
So actually run it in only the lowest power and it does miracles.
Problem free.. till now.
Old 31st December 2010, 12:36   #1796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
btw, clearly TBHPians seem to not bother about any harmful effects of cooking in microwave - there are a bunch of my friends who love it and others who advice using 'em only for reheating and not cooking (lots of FUD regarding the radiation).
You are right, I am not bothered.

At least, I am not bothered about the effect on my food: I would not stand over the thing while it is working.
Old 31st December 2010, 12:37   #1797
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
The 100% drying is a useful feature but i would not use it everytime just in emergency situations - especially when you have to catch a flight in a few hours :-)
I use all the time except for summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@jassi: Just remember drying takes a lot of power and may take an hour plus. Also, the maximum load is only 50% of the wash load.
That's only if yours is a combo model.
My washer & dryer are separate.
My dryer which takes my full washing load.

Quote:
Folks,

how can anyone buy a crockpot in India? Slow cooker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

need to buy one soon!
I use it only for reheating, but what are the harmful effects of microwave cooking?
Old 31st December 2010, 14:03   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Guys, I am looking for a washing machine, front loading with 6 to 7 kg capacity and ceramic heater and also that can dry cloths completely.
There are few in the market of which I know LG, Samsung.
Kindly suggest the best in around 30 to 35k Rupees.
Since you have the budget you could look at Siemens or the 'Direct Drive' from LG with the steam wash function.
Old 31st December 2010, 16:12   #1799
BHPian

Quote:

need to buy one soon!
All that, IMO, is paranoia.

The radiation from microwaves is electromagnetic in nature, just like visible light. It's a lot different from the radiation in a nuclear plant, which is caused by unstable nuclei of the material.

So the radiation is contained in the chamber for the time you're heating the food, and when you've heated it, you've got vibrating water molecules and no harmful radiation. The only radiation it emits is what's emitted by any kind of hot food.

So unless a microwave sprays plutonium on food after heating, I think it's a perfectly safe product, unless one takes it apart and plays with the little thing called 'magnetron'.

EDIT : Just found out that an improperly sealed microwave can cause leaking of radiation, which overheats eyes as their temperature is not controlled by the body. This can lead to cataracts in later life.

Last edited by anku94 : 31st December 2010 at 16:17.
Old 31st December 2010, 18:43   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
yes i am aware, i am using this LG F1203CDP for 5 years now i had posted the link as a reference for "jacksons" as he was looking into buying one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks