Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 14:41   #1021
Senior - BHPian

LG WF-T7519PV ; has air dry? Can someone enlighten ? Spin plus air and hence better?
Old 7th July 2010, 15:11   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Anybody using a fully automatic front loader+100% dryer combo washing machine? Some reviews required guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I didn't know there are any combo Washing Machine/Dryers available.
Which brand sells such a combo?

However, why do you need a combo - buy the 2 separate. Personally, I avoid combos - sometimes problems in one, you may need to junk the other also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Yes LG and samsung both have these combos - cost around 35-40K.
The reason for going for a combo is space constraint.
50-60 k actually!
LG F-1403RDS29 Washer Dryer Combos - 9Kg/5 Kg Inverter Direct Drive Washer Dryer,Apple Red, Allery Care, Steam Refresh, Intensive Wash, Medic Rinse, Baby Care, Tub Clean, Cupboard Dry, Iron Dry, Eco dry, Time Dry, Less temperature - LG Electronics IN
Old 7th July 2010, 15:23   #1023
BHPian

See this:

Quote:
The flagship of the new Front-loading range is the WD 7652C8 model (6.5 kg capacity), which in addition to the Wash features mentioned above, comes with a 100% Dryer capability, making it a unique COMBO machine. SAMSUNG Front loading washing machine range is available in the price range between Rs 18,900/- to Rs 36,900/-.
6.5Kg fully automatic - WD-7652C8 - Front Loading - Washing Machine | SAMSUNG

http://www.lg.com/in/home-appliances...-F1403YD25.jsp

http://compareindia.in.com/specifica...1403td25/98612

Last edited by archat68 : 7th July 2010 at 15:27.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:30   #1024
BANNED

I had a Zanussi (premium label of Electrolux) front loader with hot air dryer for about six years. One major issue to note - the load allowed in drying is only half of the wash load, and consumes a lot of power in the drying cycle. Otherwise, no issues.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:41   #1025
BHPian

Problem with IFB Washing Machine-Need Suggestions

Hi Friends,

I need your suggestions/advises for the problem I am facing with IFB Washing Machine from almost a year. I bought the fully automatic,top loading one in July 2009 from Devi International Bangalore. From the day one I am having problem with this.

The product makes lot of noise like thud-thud during spin and automatically gets stopped so again I have to start from the beginning (Rinse etc). I have already comaplined this to the IFB Customer Care (nearly once in a week from day one) and they have forwarded it to a Francshise Centre in BSK 3rd Stage (Sri Ram enterprises) however even after frequent visit from them the problem is not solved.

Very recently I called up the owner of the franchise center and I had heated argument with him over the inability in finding the problem. Soon after a person came to my home from IFB Bangalore office and introduced him as Service Technician and promised me that he will handle the complaint (this happened one month back). He did his best but could'nt able to recognize the problem but admitted that there is "DEFECT" with the product. He asked me a week's time and also promised me that he will take this issue to his superiors and either replace or repair the machine. He also asked me not to contact the franchise center re this issue as he will take care.

I tried calling his number from two weeks and he is not responding to my call. I got frustated and wrote a complaint in the IFB Company website (IFB Home Appliances) but till date I didnt get any response. Today I again tried that service person number and again it went in vain. So I sent him an 'sms' and mentioned that I will approach the consumer court for this and then suddenly he called me back again asking for some more time with some baseless reasons.

So here I need your suggestions guys. Do I need to approach the consumer court for this? The product is under warranty and I have almost fed up with this. I am even planning to sell this off and buy (sorry try) something in the market (like samsung,LG etc).

Please let me know your views on this and also share if anyone had come across the same situation. The consumer court is very near to my office so I can visit it tmow if required.

At last thank you very much for reading this long post.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions/advises.

Many Thanks

Sanjeev
Old 8th July 2010, 15:52   #1026
BHPian

If you have a reasonable paper trail (invoice, warranty card, record of complaints, repair receipts etc.) then you can surely go to the court as it looks as if you have nearly exhausted all reasonable options of giving the company a chance to repair the product.

The only other thing I can advise is that you try locating contact details of a higher official in IFB (regional manager, overall servicing head etc.) and shoot them an e-mail outlining your misery. Some companies are good enough in dealing with complaints posted on their website, others are not. Looks like IFB is not. In addition to giving you another shot at rectification such an email can serve as further proof on your end of having tried to resolve this issue by all possible means and then approaching the court. And you can fight your own case in a consumer court so no harm in initiating the process if nobody listens at IFB.

Needless to say this is indeed shameful from IFB.

By the way - Act Fast. It looks as if your 1 year warranty is coming to an end. Looks as if the company is also trying to run it out.

Last edited by Cesc : 8th July 2010 at 16:00.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:54   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this and seems IFB service at some location is bad. And why did you get a top load IFB ?

Yes, taking it to Consumer court is the right thing
Old 8th July 2010, 16:18   #1028
BHPian

Thanks Cesc and jkdas for your quick replies.

I have all product documents (invoice, warranty card etc) however for record of complaints I used to call the toll free number of IFB and they used to send some person. I will just check for other records.

When I visited the showroom the sales person showed us the top loading as it was recently launched at that time. Also few of my friends who own front loading in thier homes told me few disadvantages with that (such as more water consumption etc) so I opted for top loading. May be it was the turning point

I got the contact number of the Area Manager of IFB (this was provided by owner of franchise service) with whom I spoke just now. He has asked me 3 hours to get back to me with the solution so if not then I have to take the next steps.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:25   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
I got the contact number of the Area Manager of IFB (this was provided by owner of franchise service) with whom I spoke just now. He has asked me 3 hours to get back to me with the solution so if not then I have to take the next steps.
Sanju - don't only speak to these guys. Ask for their official e-mail address and drop them a mail so that you have some written proof. And ask them to respond vial mail. This way you will have it all in black and white as and when you go to court (I hope that possibility does not arise and that the area manager solves the issue to your satisfaction).
Old 8th July 2010, 16:29   #1030
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Sanju - don't only speak to these guys. Ask for their official e-mail address and drop them a mail so that you have some written proof. And ask them to respond vial mail. This way you will have it all in black and white as and when you go to court (I hope that possibility does not arise and that the area manager solves the issue to your satisfaction).
Is email really considered as proof in the court? Unless it's a signed email, I don't see how it's not alterable?
Old 8th July 2010, 16:39   #1031
BHPian

Cesc-You are correct. I will gather thier email address and write them emails.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:41   #1032
Senior - BHPian

I have IFB Elena and I am fed up with this crappy washing machine. It runs around while spinning. Sometimes it goes very far and the plug gets unplugged

I would not recommend this WM to anyone. I should have bought Siemens.

Last edited by clevermax : 8th July 2010 at 16:44.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:54   #1033
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I have IFB Elena and I am fed up with this crappy washing machine. It runs around while spinning. Sometimes it goes very far and the plug gets unplugged

I would not recommend this WM to anyone. I should have bought Siemens.
I own a LG top-loading machine for the last five years. It has been reasonably problem free.
Had to call the service people only twice.
- after 2 years, the machine stopped working. The technician came & fixed it in 5 minutes. What happened was that the wife had put in 3 cheap bathmats to wash - the ones which have a lot of strings hanging. Some of the strings got detached & choked up the drain hose. Didn't help that I had just recently moved & had attached the drain hose in an incorrect way. All I paid was the visiting charges, I think.
- few days back, again the machine stopped working. The door sensor was gone. Again it was fixed in 5 minutes. Cost me visiting charges + Rs. 40 for a replacement sensor.

LG after sales service is super.

By the way, Water consumption is more in top loading than front loading.

Last edited by carboy : 8th July 2010 at 16:58.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:55   #1034
BANNED

Now, how can this happen?

Problematic IFBs are supposed to be as rare as perfect ASC from Tata/Fiat. (ok, ok, there you go .... )

Nice o know that I am not the only person having the privilege of washing clothes in a Lemon. (see the Home Appliances thread).

Please make sure you have a full record of all the records and issue / ticket numbers given to you by the toll free number people. Unless you have a proper record fo the calls made to the service center, nothing is going to hold water before the consumer court. And Unless you are sure of success before the consumer court, the people @ IFB are going to turn a blind eye to your problems.

Make sure that you raise a stink with them; if the problem is not solved, you have no option except to move the consumer court. And if the machine is withing warranty, ask for a replacement; nothing else.

As regarding the problem - assuming that the machine is on level surface, I think there is some issue with "shock absorbers". These service technicians tend to be stingy when it comes to replace them. (clevermax - this applies to you too).

PS:- I did not know that IFB makes top loading machines.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:09   #1035
Senior - BHPian

We have an IFB automatic clothes dryer. It suffers the same fate. Pathetic after sales service from IFB. Machine is waiting for spare parts since ages.

We also had an IFB dishwasher. It suffered the same fate. In fact, we didnt get proper detergents/rinsing agents for it. This was scrapped recently.

IFB has a very poor service network. Even if there is one, you don't have the required spares. Thumbs down, IFB.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks