Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 13:43   #1471
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I will be looking for a wet & dry cleaner with a shampooing attachment.
There are wet & dry cleaners but wet attachment only sucks water from the floor, there's no mopping effect. Wet & dry models cost ~ 10k.

I thing such wet-dry models are useless, unless there's mopping also.
Models with mopping option cost considerably more & are available in commercial category.

Mr Argee, why stay away? Eurpclean costs ~7k & comes with paper bags for dirt collection, that's so 70's!
- Regarding Eurekas service, Im not too convinced because its really expensive & parts are costly too.
- Break downs, I think most modern ones don't break down either.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:26   #1472
BANNED

@AWD: If you have shampoo then it will circulate the detergent into the carpet, and then mop it up. There was a very popular brand in the UK, and I am forgetting the name.

I agree that Eureka Forbes are bet avoided for anything. They tried to cheat me on an AMC. Their service centre sold me an AMC for the Filter. Nobody showed up for almost a year, and then when I finally got the they claimed the AMC was a fake. No reply from anywhere, as to when it is sold by their own people, then why are the not honouring it. Went third party, cheaper, calls up an come on their own and excellent service. Apparently, all are ex EF! A friend bought a EF Vacuum, packed up within three months, and then had to move pillar and post to get any response.

I am never touching EF for anything!
Old 8th October 2010, 15:34   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Panasonic MC4920 & LG 271, both are bagless & good performers.
Avoid Eureka Forbes because that still uses the old Bag for dirt collection.
Thanks AWD. Is the Panasonic model MC 4620 ? I couldn't find MC4920 in their website. I am not a EF fan, so will stick to LG or Panasonic.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:22   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Guys, planning to pick up a Dryer. Anyone ever used a Croma Dryer? Or the IFB one?
I have been using IFB Easy Dry for the past 4.5 years. Never had a problem with it. It dries clothes completely. For a typical 5kg washload, the drying time would be 60 - 75 mins.
Old 8th October 2010, 20:06   #1475
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@AWD: If you have shampoo then it will circulate the detergent into the carpet, and then mop it up. There was a very popular brand in the UK, and I am forgetting the name.

I agree that Eureka Forbes are bet avoided for anything. They tried to cheat me on an AMC. I am never touching EF for anything!
The cheaper Wet models available here only pick up the water/solution form carpet/floor, no scrubbing, circulation, etc. For that purpose there are commercial models but priced exorbitantly.

Had similar experiences with EF, with both Water purifier & Vacuum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Thanks AWD. Is the Panasonic model MC 4620 ?
Welcome, my bad its MC4620 - MC-4620 | Vacuum Cleaner | Home Appliances | Panasonic India
You can get this for around 4.8k.
I tried both Panasonic & LG, found that Panasonic's attachments do not flush fit onto the body & build was somewhat flimsy. Now this needs to be checked because I saw only one piece, it could be a solitary case too. Also the blower did not feel powerful.
In comparison, LG had better build, attachments engaged with a solid click. Blower also seemed better than Panasonic. The arm extension was of steel, which I like over plastic.
Old 9th October 2010, 05:19   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Mr Argee, why stay away?
Dusting is very cumbersome process, unless it is done be maids at home. I personally don't like to wash dishes while Wifey dusts home

On a serious tone, nothing gives a good clean finish as cleaning using a mop. Period.
Old 9th October 2010, 06:25   #1477
BHPian

The Dishwasher Thread

Moderators, We do have a Home Appliance Thread, but I found searching for discussion on dishwasher very difficult and hence posting a new thread specific to Dish Washers. Do make a call on whether you want to merge with the Home Appliance Thread.

Friends, we have TV, Fridge, Microwave, Washing machine etc. However, not a dish washer. We did the utensils ourselves or employed maid for the same.

Now, you all will agree that getting a proper maid is very difficult and doing the utensils on our own everyday when both the members are working is also difficult.

So, we were thinking of buying a dish washer. Question is whether modern dish washers are good in cleaning utensils used for indian cuisines (oily/greasy with masala).

If yes, what brands and models would you recommend?
Old 9th October 2010, 09:37   #1478
AWD
BHPian

A much needed thread. Dishwashers work good in Indian conditions too, just that one should rinse the utensils in water before keeping in the dishwasher. This removes the extra debris, excess oil, etc.

IFB, Kaff, etc have dishwasher models in India. IFB has 2 models Zypher & other Im forgetting. These are priced ~20-24k.

Last edited by AWD : 9th October 2010 at 09:39.
Old 9th October 2010, 09:41   #1479
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Dusting is very cumbersome process, unless it is done be maids at home. On a serious tone, nothing gives a good clean finish as cleaning using a mop.
Yes its cumbersome & dirty job but vacuums make it a wee bit comfy!

Mopper models come for ~25k.
Old 9th October 2010, 12:43   #1480
BHPian

Couple of questions here.

1. Do these dishwasher do the big stainless steel thalis that we have here or we need to use bone china plates only, similar to western world?
2. How much is the water consumption? Is it higher than the manual wash would take?
Old 9th October 2010, 14:56   #1481
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
nothing gives a good clean finish as cleaning using a mop.
Actually, I disagree! Unless repeatedly mopped with clean water, a mop just spreads the remaining dirt into a layer so thin you can't see it!
Old 10th October 2010, 06:55   #1482
BHPian

@Shipnil - you asked exactly what I wanted to ask. We currently use only stainless steel utensils.

@AWD: Rinsing and keeping in dish washer is fine.

I have been reading about dishwashers and it seems water is sprayed onto the utensils. Even hot water can be sprayed. But not sure if it can effectively remove stains. For one, we were using plastic wire scrubber and now have moved to metal wire scrubber to reduce time for scrubbing and remove stains effectively.
Old 10th October 2010, 07:08   #1483
BHPian

With proper inputs from actual users this thread is going to be a blessing for DINK families particularly in metro,satellite and upcoming B-metros

Cheers
Old 10th October 2010, 09:57   #1484
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Even hot water can be sprayed. But not sure if it can effectively remove stains. For one, we were using plastic wire scrubber and now have moved to metal wire scrubber to reduce time for scrubbing and remove stains effectively.
Yes water can be heated in DW to wash utensils with hard stains. DW works in Indian scenario, one rinse before does the job pretty fine.

Metal wire scrubber is fine for certain types of utensils only on which its not necessary to preserve the shine. Other utensils would get ruined, steel & glass utensils will get scratched badly.

A useful tip for DW homes, limit the use of oil. Makes washing job easy & no deposits in the vessels. A win-win situation!

Out of the available makes, IFB makes sense to me. Try out their digital model, just ~2k expensive than the manual one.
Old 10th October 2010, 10:01   #1485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
1. Do these dishwasher do the big stainless steel thalis that we have here or we need to use bone china plates only, similar to western world?
One more question: Can it also wash cooker, khadai etc.. Basically, utensils that we 'cook in' and not just 'eat in' ?

Most Viewed