Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 10:44   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
One more question: Can it also wash cooker, khadai etc.. Basically, utensils that we 'cook in' and not just 'eat in' ?
No. For the Indian kind of food. It needs a manual scrubbing. I hope you understand what I mean.

The point is that any utensil which would need thorough scrubbing can not be cleaned. Even the normally used wares should be put immediately after use or wet and kept for later cleaning.

BTW it works very well with bone china. At the same time, its recommended to use only the 'dishwasher safe' bone china for cleaning in it. You will find a mark/writing about it at the back of the plate.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:48   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Yes its cumbersome & dirty job but vacuums make it a wee bit comfy!

Mopper models come for ~25k.
25K??? No, they cost in fews, say in few 100s. That's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Actually, I disagree! Unless repeatedly mopped with clean water, a mop just spreads the remaining dirt into a layer so thin you can't see it!
Repeated vaccuming also doesn't pull out the dust completely. But repeated mopping does when combined with solvents.

However, after all these, we still vaccum our roof. But for appliance such as fan blades or even floor, we like to mop. The finish is awesome.
Old 10th October 2010, 12:46   #1488
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
25K??? No, they cost in fews, say in few 100s. That's all
I guess he meand vacuum with mopper models.

Mops - available at ~100 INR.

Edit - I did not want to post this till the cheque is in my hands and cleared, but I am told that since a replacement model is out of stock, my washing machine will be taken back and the price returned. I was told that couple of days back. To that extent, the company is very responsible. But, in spite of 2 working days, I have no contact. Obviously my first post on the problem was very accurage, there is only "gap" and no "communication" between the higher ups in the company and the lower rung operational staff and the service guys.

For those who have not followed this thread, this is about my LG washer dryer.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 10th October 2010 at 12:50.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:17   #1489
Team-BHP Support

Even I was hunting for one and from what I gather (based on what I saw at Croma), its either IFB or Siemens. Some how the Croma guy was leaning Siemens saying thats much better.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:47   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I agree that Eureka Forbes are bet avoided for anything. They tried to cheat me on an AMC. Their service centre sold me an AMC for the Filter. Nobody showed up for almost a year, and then when I finally got the they claimed the AMC was a fake. No reply from anywhere, as to when it is sold by their own people, then why are the not honouring it. Went third party, cheaper, calls up an come on their own and excellent service. Apparently, all are ex EF! A friend bought a EF Vacuum, packed up within three months, and then had to move pillar and post to get any response.

I am never touching EF for anything!
I'm surprised! I have a Eureka Forbes Vacuum Cleaner since Oct, 1990 (yes, nearly 20 years) and it still works like a charm. I never got it serviced, but had to pay Rs 700 for the main hose pipe as the original had cracked. The only gripe is that the replacement pipe took a month to procure, and does not have the power adjustment sliding switch which the original one had.

Of course, my usage over the past 5 years reduced to only once or twice a month.

In the meanwhile, my wife got a smaller one from Croma using her reward points--an Inalsa one which I use more often as it is more handy and portable.
Old 10th October 2010, 14:24   #1491
BHPian

I was browsing through the IFB site (http://www.ifbappliances.com/) and few features which they have mentioned are given below and answers some of the queries. However, it could be just marketing gimmick. Fellow BHPians who are using Dishwashers can guide us here. I do believe that some scrubbing would be required and using bone china utensils may be a good option.

IFB ZEPHYR EX key features:
Comprehensive wash: Most Indian cooking leaves stubborn stains on dishes which are quite a challenge to remove when washing by hand. With a powerful combination of thermal, mechanical and chemical wash, no grime or dirt is match for the IFB Dishwasher.

Flexible capacity: The IFB Dishwasher’s trays are uniquely designed to accommodate bulky Indian dishes like thalis, kadais, pressure cookers and even your old stainless steel vessels. What’s more, it can handle nearly 95 pieces of dishes and other cutlery atone go.

Hardworking efficiency: As tough as it is on dirt and grime, the IFB Dishwasher is an amazing saver of your time and money. As a matter of fact, it uses just 1 bucket of water and 25 gms of detergent (nearly half the amount used in a hand wash, assuming dishwashing is done twice a day). So, without even trying, you’re doing your bit for the environment too. Surely, that’s reason enough to pick one up immediately.
Old 10th October 2010, 14:37   #1492
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
they cost in fews, say in few 100s. That's all
I guess we are talking appliances here & not the regular broomsticks, moppers, etc! Vacuums with mopper/scrubber option cost ~25k.
Old 10th October 2010, 16:47   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I guess he meand vacuum with mopper models.
Tks for the clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I did not want to post this till the cheque is in my hands and cleared...For those who have not followed this thread, this is about my LG washer dryer.
@BSD - I don't know what to say; LG being so reputed brand, I'm beginning to have my own doubts now. I hope yours was a direct drive one. So what the next plan of action? Are you going to buy a different brand or different model from LG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
I guess we are talking appliances here & not the regular broomsticks, moppers, etc! Vacuums with mopper/scrubber option cost ~25k.
I only said about my opinion & guess people can express their views in this forum that is related.
Old 10th October 2010, 17:07   #1494
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
I only said about my opinion & guess people can express their views in this forum that is related.
Hey cool, no issues, your options/views are well received. Just that regular brooms, mops are used by all!
Old 10th October 2010, 20:37   #1495
BANNED

Dunno; to be frank, if they had asked me if I am interested in a different model within 2 or 3 days of reporting, I may have agreed; but not now. Everybody here is miffed with LG, and I am defenceless, since I was the one who did not allow the ladies of the household to look at other brands.

Has anybody heard of Indesit (in India)?

I also have a question - does higher RPM in the spin-dry mode mean less moisture in the clothes?

I am NOT asking about the proper dryer function, where the clothes are supposed to be 100% dry.

The LG model was supposed to spin at 1200 RPM in the drying mode (the normal one, not the proper dryer mode), and my old outgoing IFB one spins at 800 RPM. I was given the story by sales men that higher RPM during spin cycle means drier clothes. With the only load we had on the LG machine, it certainly did not look like higher RPM means less moisture content after the spin cycle.

Any different experiences?
Old 10th October 2010, 22:09   #1496
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the faster you spin your clothes the drier they will get.

You can't just do that with everything, though, because delicate fabrics will crease terribly.

My poor dead Bosch span at 1200, which was exceptional when I bought it. Very useful in London weather, where most of the year my clothes were hung up to dry indoors! Here in Chennai I left it on a much lower speed andleft the sun to do the job.

Of course, you get plenty of rain on that coast, so a high spin speed would be good for you. Don't use it on the silk saris!
Old 10th October 2010, 22:42   #1497
BANNED

The load in the LG was mostly kids' wear - teeshirts / knit wear. I guess just one wash is not enough to arrive at a judgment.
Old 11th October 2010, 00:05   #1498
Distinguished - BHPian

"less wet" would be more accurate than drier! It will still feel, and be, wet, but certainly no drips, and a cotton sheet, spun at 1200, would not take tropical sunshine to be dry pretty quickly outside!
Old 11th October 2010, 17:15   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Hardworking efficiency: As tough as it is on dirt and grime, the IFB Dishwasher is an amazing saver of your time and money. As a matter of fact, it uses just 1 bucket of water and 25 gms of detergent (nearly half the amount used in a hand wash, assuming dishwashing is done twice a day). So, without even trying, you’re doing your bit for the environment too. Surely, that’s reason enough to pick one up immediately.
How did you get this 1 bucket of water stat ?

Cause its a direct water pipe connection that goes into the dishwasher similar to a clothes washing machine right ?

Also a dishwasher goes on for like 30 - 45 min, plus unlike a clothes washing machine where once the tub fills and the clothes & water keep rotating, with a dishwasher the water keeps spraying onto the static vessels continuously so I guess its definitely more than 1 bucket.
Old 12th October 2010, 13:03   #1500
BHPian

Hi. I desperately need a very good alarm clock. One that can literally wake up a dead body.

I was supposed to wake up at 9 today, and knowing myself, I had set 5 alarms on my cellphone, each configured to repeat 10 times. Let's just say I woke up at 12. All evidence points to the fact that the 50 alarms did ring, but I didn't feel anything.

I hope you now know what kind of alarm clock I need. I saw one on the net that launched a projectile when it was supposed to ring, and than rang loudly, and did not stop until you got up and re-inserted the projectile back in its place. I need something like that.

Any suggestions ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks