Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 00:00   #2716
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddow.Fax View Post
Hello speedsathya,

I'm also thinking of buying an air-purifier and your feedback on Euroair Detox will be of great help. Would you recommend this?

Thanks in Advance,
We do use it regularly ,but I cant comment on whether it is really helpful ! I open the front panel regularly to clean the filter but it is still as clean as it was when new Now I dunno if this is because it is useless!

Now ,we also have seen a big drop in the dust allergies that we used to have ,but dunno if it is because of this air purifier .

Fit and finish not very great . The remote has stopped working within 2 months of buying .

Customer care is sad .They didnt even show us on how to use this .I had to figure this out myself .When I called up and asked them on when they would show us ,the lady on the other end " What is there to show ,it is very easy to use "

The other option that we had was the LG costing 26K INR .But we had a bad experience at the LG Shoppe and also we arent very happy with the LG after sales . Have paid 3.7K INR and 2.7K INR for extended warranties on the WM and the MW ,but am yet to receive an acknowledgement for the same ,even though its been close to 1.5 years !

Last edited by speedsatya : 28th February 2012 at 00:02.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 12:18   #2717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
I am on lookout for fridge with 5 star rating.
roughly around 250lts, double door fridge.
Please share the details/deals on best performance model as well as VFM model.
Bought LG-278 model(black color) which has 260 gross volume(~240 net volume) from local store in hadapsar for 21k.
At ezone the price quoted was 21.9k for black color and 21.7k for pink color.

Details of model:
http://www.lg.com/in/home-appliances...-GL-278VE5.jsp
Compare India

Last edited by chetans : 28th February 2012 at 12:19. Reason: editing link
Old 28th February 2012, 14:40   #2718
Senior - BHPian

My Whirlpool refrigerator (310 L) needs a voltage transformer because of DG fluctuation.

Please suggest me do I need to buy 1kva transformer or 0.5 kva will be sufficient?

Any suggestions related to type/brand of transformer are also welcome.

Thanks.
Old 28th February 2012, 14:59   #2719
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
I'm sure a newer technology Top Loader can also five an equally good excellent wash.
I do not think so; but this can end up as an emacs vs. vi kind of war.

Quote:
So I've decided to go for Front Loader. I'll put it on top of a raised platform so that it's easy for my parents to put in and take out the clothes.

Consider LG and Samsung at top choices (strictly in alphabetical order).

Siemens next (because they are slightly more expensive).

But, whatever you buy, do not put them on platforms. They might jump off. Slight load imbalnces can make the machines do a jig, a dance and then a tumble.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 16:24   #2720
Senior - BHPian

The motor of our IFB washing machine was replaced recently. The service executive says it will occur again because of hard water scaling if a water softener equipment, costs Rs.1800, is not used. He claims that he has fitted many in my apartment. I do not see a correlation between hard water and washing machine conking off.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:27   #2721
BHPian

^^ The motor never comes in contact with water, so how hard water affects life of motor? Ask him!!
Old 28th February 2012, 16:37   #2722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Consider LG and Samsung at top choices (strictly in alphabetical order).

Siemens next (because they are slightly more expensive).
You can also look at BOSCH (Not IFB) nowdays. They have entered into consumer durables few months back. Check their website for models etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The motor of our IFB washing machine was replaced recently. The service executive says it will occur again because of hard water scaling if a water softener equipment, costs Rs.1800, is not used. He claims that he has fitted many in my apartment. I do not see a correlation between hard water and washing machine conking off.
Was he talking about the water pump or the Drum motor, as quoted the drum motor has nothing to do with water but over 10-15 years its bearings might give away.
Old 28th February 2012, 22:07   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Looks like this has become their regular trait these days. IFB has outsourced their services to different franchises catering to different areas of the city. I think probably these are tricks of the service engineers/franchises to increase their revenue.

Last edited by rajakumar : 28th February 2012 at 22:09.
Old 29th February 2012, 01:51   #2724
Senior - BHPian

A 0.5 kva will suffice. You could go with Logicstat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
My Whirlpool refrigerator (310 L) needs a voltage transformer because of DG fluctuation.

Please suggest me do I need to buy 1kva transformer or 0.5 kva will be sufficient?

Any suggestions related to type/brand of transformer are also welcome.

Thanks.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 12:26   #2725

Thanks Speedsathya. I think its better to have a demo of these before I make my decision. There is also a model from Daikin which costs more than 20K (Daikin Airpurifier).

By the way, did you consider getting any unit from USA (there are some proven models avaliable there)? This would require an additional Voltage convertor and procurement of replacement filter(s) (if necessary).

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
We do use it regularly ,but I cant comment on whether it is really helpful !
Old 29th February 2012, 12:42   #2726
BANNED

So i think i'm looking at Front Loader options from Bosch, Siemens, and IFB.
Old 29th February 2012, 19:48   #2727
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
So i think i'm looking at Front Loader options from Bosch, Siemens, and IFB.

If I were you, I will exclude IFB. Just look at the service quality - replace motor due to hard water??? My foot!!!
Old 29th February 2012, 21:57   #2728
BHPian

Just to reiterate how bad the quality of IFB service has gone down. My WM is under AMC. The WM had some problem due to which it use to trip the main. After religiously following up with customer care, the service engg came down and was able to diagnose the problem to the door lock. Instead of replacing the erroneous lock, he just short circuited the lock and said the problem is fixed.

After I persisted, they replaced the lock which did not work. The service engg told me that it will take 2 weeks to get new lock. I had to escalate this to area service manager after which they replaced the lock. The new lock went kaput again in few days.

My confidence on IFB is going down the drains!
Old 1st March 2012, 06:46   #2729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

Was he talking about the water pump or the Drum motor, as quoted the drum motor has nothing to do with water but over 10-15 years its bearings might give away.
He was referring to the drum motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Just to reiterate how bad the quality of IFB service has gone down. My WM is under AMC. The WM had some problem due to which it use to trip the main. After religiously following up with customer care, the service engg came down and was able to diagnose the problem to the door lock. Instead of replacing the erroneous lock, he just short circuited the lock and said the problem is fixed.

After I persisted, they replaced the lock which did not work. The service engg told me that it will take 2 weeks to get new lock. I had to escalate this to area service manager after which they replaced the lock. The new lock went kaput again in few days.

My confidence on IFB is going down the drains!
I agree. I will stay away from IFB from now on. They replaced with a refurbished motor and it burned off after connecting, now replaced with another one. Hope it will stay until the AMC gets over. I would recommend to have AMC for IFB products.

The only plus point was that the service executives used to come with follow up.
Old 1st March 2012, 13:47   #2730
BANNED

on further reading/researching i have narrowed down to Siemens and Bosch.

I also read that Bosch washing machines has been launched in india in september 2011 while siemens washing has been here for more years. I also read that siemens is owner of bosch and that siemens is the premium brand and bosch is the middle level brand. Though that might not necessarily be correct. I also found excellent reviews both for Bosch and Siemens.

My family size is 4 and we have been using a 5.5 kg top loader. It has been sufficient for our use, as we wash every alternate day mostly and sometimes daily. I don't see a point in going for a 6.5 or a 7 or a 8 kg machine. If however anyone can suggest me me otherwise then you are welcome.

These are the machines i've shortlisted...

Siemens

1. Siemens Household Appliances - Product Showroom - Washing & Drying - Washing machines - WM08G260IN ( Has Led Display )

2. Siemens Household Appliances - Product Showroom - Washing & Drying - Washing machines - WM07G060IN ( no Led Display )

Bosch.

1. Products - Washing Machines - Washing Machines - Front Loading - WAX18260IN ( Premium 5.5 kg version with Re-load function and Has Led Display )

2. Products - Washing Machines - Washing Machines - Front Loading - WAG16260IN ( Has Led Display )

3. Products - Washing Machines - Washing Machines - Front Loading - WAG14060IN ( no Led Display )

Any suggestions about which 5.5 kg i should go for ?

Last edited by rana_kirti : 1st March 2012 at 13:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks