Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 22:49   #3091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru
I am in search of instant water heater and I see most of the instant water heaters are of 3KW at the minimum(Venus, Racold, AOSmith etc).

Are there any instant water heaters of 2KW capacity? And also, which are the reliable brands in this category?

Please advise.
Instant water heater by its very nature has to be high powered. Storage water heaters are rated at 2kW, so I doubt instant water heaters will be available at 2kW. I have been using Crompton Greeves instant water heater for 4 years without problem.
Old 17th August 2012, 23:08   #3092
BHPian

Re: Instant Water Heater(1ltr) of 2KW Rating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Instant water heater by its very nature has to be high powered. Storage water heaters are rated at 2kW, so I doubt instant water heaters will be available at 2kW. I have been using Crompton Greeves instant water heater for 4 years without problem.
Thanks. Yes, I looked at most shops and all that they have is of 3KW. I am afraid this might exceed our allocated load limit.

At home, most of the time we get hot water from solar heater and it comes through the storage water heater. We have to drain the water in storage heater to get the hot water from solar heater, hence the instant geyser with one liter capacity should save water. I have not seen crompton greaves geyser in the shops here. Most of the places, it is venus or racold.

Last edited by JMaruru : 17th August 2012 at 23:09.
Old 18th August 2012, 18:40   #3093
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Seems that Sharp are now coming to Tier II cities. Saw an ad with some 10 odd outlets listed. Also,one regional office as part of an company outlet.
Old 19th August 2012, 12:36   #3094
BHPian

Hi Team,

Finally called the Videocon Engineer to replace the dryer drum motor replacement of our top loader semi automatic rust free washing machine which I purchased in 2007 for INR 7000 only due to hard water supply.He told that the previously installed motor was local and water has leaked in to that due to improper installation of the water seal.Last time my father went to the local electrical shop and told them to replace the original dryer drum motor.And due to improper installation again I had to replace the motor.But this time I dint want to take any chance and contact Videocon engineer who earlier replaced the water inlet division plate which I was not able to find in local market.He promptly told that he will reach after 11 and replace the seal as well as motor in INR 1400 only.

Hence I would advice fellow members to only contact respective customer care executives for the replacement of the crucial parts for problem free duty life of house hold electrical and electronics items and save the contact numbers of the designated Engineer who visits.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
Old 20th August 2012, 00:56   #3095
Senior - BHPian

^^^Wish life were that simple. Often the authorized service guys do MUCH worse jobs and charge way higher. Experienced it recently (again!) with Onida...

There is no one size fits all solution to such issues.

Last edited by Raccoon : 20th August 2012 at 00:57.
Old 23rd August 2012, 08:46   #3096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Can you share the model details and shop from where you got this deal.
I am on the lookout for upgrading my fridge to 400 lts - only difference being that my current box is 220 lts.
I bought it from Devi International, Jayanagar Bangalore.
Ask for sales man named Krishna, He helped me out and got me the lowest price. I just gave him a call and asked for low price and he gave me.

Mine is
NR-BW414SS
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:54   #3097
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
who has good recommendations for tool kits that are easily available in India?

I'm looking for 2 specific ones:
1. Home tool kit -- Something like the Bosch (which strangely i couldn't find so easily in mumbai)
2. Auto (Car+bike) tool kit -- A kit that has all the essential tools that can be used for a car or a bike.. most common tasks usually.

Would really appreciate some feedback on this.
Are you looking for power tools? You can find tool kits by bosch, skil, black and decker and so on in most hypermarkets as well as hardware dealers. I bought a skill drill for 2600 in central a year back.
Old 23rd August 2012, 14:01   #3098
BANNED

I have a kitchen made by 'Sleek Kitchen'. The kitchen is OK but the after sales service is pretty expense. Once the 1-year warranty period ends, they charge a minimum 600Rs per visit - even if it's just a little alignment or tightening. But the 600Rs includes greasing and alignment of the whole kitchen not just the particular door or drawer you have called the for.

I was wondering where else I can get this job done cheaper. I don't think regular carpenters do this work.
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:17   #3099
BHPian

Guys

Need help

Can you help me with the pointers on the shops that stock rubber bushings for washing machine stand ? Current bushings have worn out and the machine makes lots of noise when it is in a spin mode.

Anywhere we can find the bushes in east bangalore ?

Thanks a ton
Old 23rd August 2012, 20:15   #3100
BHPian

I have a pigeon problem in my balcony. Are there any suggestions from fellow members to get rid of my problem.
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:57   #3101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet
I have a pigeon problem in my balcony. Are there any suggestions from fellow members to get rid of my problem.
Install "kabootar jali" if your balcony is enclosed type, like we have in Bombay. I ve done the same to get rid of pigeon menace. It's a plastic mesh which comes in rolls and can be easily cut and fixed using cable ties.
Old 23rd August 2012, 23:11   #3102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys

Need help

Can you help me with the pointers on the shops that stock rubber bushings for washing machine stand ? Current bushings have worn out and the machine makes lots of noise when it is in a spin mode.

Anywhere we can find the bushes in east bangalore ?

Thanks a ton
Do you mean the rubber legs under the base ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Try placing a plastic owl or hang a dart board.

The Home Appliance thread-fridgemagnetsdartboard7.jpg
Old 25th August 2012, 00:50   #3103
BHPian

Guys need some advice. I am looking into buying a front loader washing machine for my grand mother. she is living alone with a maid ( who stays with her during day time) in rural andhra pradesh. She has a different maid who comes over to wash, but is giving some troubles recently. she washes clothes every 2 days or so ( 3 to 4 pieces ), unless some guests come over. what i am looking for is that the machine should be easy to use and be reliable and spend around 20-30k. NO need for a dryer (as the housemaid will hang dry them). I am looking at IFB specifically IFB EVA SX. i am thinking it should do just fine for her.

any recommendations or advice ?
Old 25th August 2012, 01:47   #3104
Senior - BHPian

^^^If you go thru earlier posts, you will find that IFB is the LEAST recommended brand. Consider Bosch/Siemens or LG.
Old 25th August 2012, 16:57   #3105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^If you go thru earlier posts, you will find that IFB is the LEAST recommended brand. Consider Bosch/Siemens or LG.
The best of machines will require service at some point of time, hence get a machine which has the best service around.

- Find out how far the nearest service centre is for each brand - IFB, Bosch or LG
- Next check if any one has a front loader in the neighborliness (for really rural India it will be at least 5km radius). Get their feed back on service.
- After getting the feedback then get the machine which has the best service network.

In my case I am extremely happy with my IFB (Bosch collaboration), as in South Delhi they have an extremely responsive service provider.

Before that we had Sumeet which was Siemens, that ran for nearly 10 years, and we had to change it as Sumeet had closed down by then. The IFB has crossed eleven years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks