Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2023, 13:31   #196
BHPian

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Over a year and this still hasn't changed. Got a link from some third party email address for the payment. Called mi customer care and as usual, they have no idea about the mail, neither can they check anything with the Order number that gets generated from this link. Mi customer care is an absolute disaster. Now I'm not sure if I should make the payment on it or not.
Go ahead & make the payment. I had placed an order & received the same without any issues.
deep_blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 17:56   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Over a year and this still hasn't changed. Got a link from some third party email address for the payment. Called mi customer care and as usual, they have no idea about the mail, neither can they check anything with the Order number that gets generated from this link. Mi customer care is an absolute disaster. Now I'm not sure if I should make the payment on it or not.
Its sad state of affairs for a digital company like Xiaomi.

But I did pay this way and got the item. So go ahead.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 18:16   #198
Senior - BHPian

From the way Xiaomi is handling the spares & service logistics of its vacuum cleaners and water filters, it might just have lost a brand loyalist-potential e-car buyer in yours truly!

The Maruti of smart phones seems to have lost its direction in the gadget world. The sooner it course corrects, the better.
Old 26th December 2023, 14:16   #199

Just a few updates regarding MI Vacuum Mop P. I had purchased this in February 2022 and its working well even now. A few things I want to mention for ease of use.

1. When mapping use clean up along the edge. Makes the process very easy. Just keep all furniture and items away from walls.

2. Warranty claims are quite easy and well-handled. They even replaced my battery in the process even though it was not malfunctioning.

3. All spares are available even now on amazon.

4. When mopping the floor that has stains or dried-up stuff use mop only option, select secondary clean up and then pour liberal
amounts of water over all the stains/dry spots before starting. Mop each room one by one using this method. If there is too much dirt pour water all over and do the same. DO NOT USE VACUUM AND MOP MODE for obvious reasons.

5. Although one need not do so, I switch off the vacuum after it charges fully by switching off the charger and then holding the power button down for 5 seconds. I have had no battery depletion till date using this process. Before battery replacement, it was on all the time and there was some reduction in charge retention.

It’s a really useful device. We have been using this daily for our flat and it handles 1300 sq ft easily with one charge. God sent for
a home with two kids and so much dust from the city.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th December 2023 at 14:37. Reason: Spacing and Grammar correction for better readability
Harikrishnan_13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 09:43   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Is an active internet connection mandatory for these cleaning robots?

My relative is looking for one to clean his home in a tier two town. She is not tech savvy. So, was wondering if I configure the mop once with a hot spot, will the mop work as per schedule assuming that there are no power cut issues?
Old 12th January 2024, 16:04   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

My relative is looking for one to clean his home in a tier two town. She is not tech savvy. So, was wondering if I configure the mop once with a hot spot, will the mop work as per schedule assuming that there are no power cut issues?
It can work without an active net connection but for the scheduling or any controls to work; it needs an active WiFi connection.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 16:10   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
It can work without an active net connection but for the scheduling or any controls to work; it needs an active WiFi connection.
Don't think that map feature/ blocked areas etc will work without internet. It may however, randomly clean the area without internet. For organized cleaning, I think internet is a must have.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 16:45   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Don't think that map feature/ blocked areas etc will work without internet. It may however, randomly clean the area without internet. For organized cleaning, I think internet is a must have.
I meant the normal dusting/mopping will work without Internet. For the rest of the functions, it needs an active Internet.
Old 12th January 2024, 17:56   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I meant the normal dusting/mopping will work without Internet. For the rest of the functions, it needs an active Internet.
Can you elaborate on what these 'Rest of the functions' that do not work without active internet??
Old 12th January 2024, 22:29   #205
BANNED

Quote:
Can you elaborate on what these 'Rest of the functions' that do not work without active internet??
The functions that work w/o Internet - Normal dusting/mopping.

Ex: If you close the door of a room; Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P will do the required cleaning(with default settings) and come to a halt at the start location.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 11:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

Past couple of days, the robo was throwing up device errors saying dust compartment is not installed.
Of course, it was in.
Cleaned it a bit, tried again, no luck.

Did a bit of redditing and people were suggesting to replace the dust filter.

Had a spare, replaced it and voila, it worked.

Looks the non branded replacement filters are not really long lasting.

Just leaving this here, in case someone else faces a similar issue.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 08:06   #207
BHPian

How does your HEPA filter last? Is there a rule you follow to know when to replace it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks