Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2021, 07:49   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

V2 launched in China at what looks like the same price:
https://www.gizmochina.com/2021/05/2...acuum-cleaner/
Old 29th May 2021, 09:49   #47
BHPian

Another point to note is that this only supports 2.4Ghz WiFi networks. If connected to a dual band router with merged SSID's, it might face a few issues. It has dropped the connection a few times and I've been unable to reset the WiFi. I had to do a full factory reset and reconnect.
Has anyone been able to order consumables? What is the pricing like and where do you get them from?
Old 14th June 2021, 20:04   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

I had one small trunk kept in a room which has now been removed from that location and now that space is empty. Now the issue is that the robo would not go to the space which was occupied by the trunk since it has mapped the room that way. No idea how to update this particular information into the app map or the robo. I don’t want to create a new map of whole house again for this small issue. Any solution?
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 17:58   #49
BHPian

For those who ordered this Vacuum, did you get the smart speaker as a part of the vacuum package (in the box) or was it a separate thing you needed to buy/purchase through a coupon code and it got delivered later? If its the latter, how long did MI take to send the coupon code to you?

Thanks in advance! I have ordered the vacuum and looking forward to its "robotic" cleaning
Old 19th June 2021, 19:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Check for the coupon in your mi account. Don't think they mail it you.
Old 21st June 2021, 09:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
If its the latter, how long did MI take to send the coupon code to you?
The coupon is supposed to appear in your MI account within 7 days of purchase of the vacuum.
Old 28th June 2021, 17:36   #52
BHPian

I'm glad to report that I got the Vacuum a-n-d the speaker delivered later in the week. As members here mentioned, I got a code which I redeemed for the speaker. My review of these gadgets:

Vacuum Mop:
Pros:
  1. Exceeded my expectations in sweeping/cleaning (dust lifting) - Not a spec of dust on the floor and not a single strand of hair too! Does a bl***y good job of picking up dust and hair and general floor grit.
  2. App is easy to use though it took me 3 whole attempts to get it to map my house AND SAVE the map. Somehow the map was always getting deleted on my initial tries. Finally figured it out.
  3. Loved the smart features, specially area clean and point clean options. Doesn't go around in circles or hasn't gotten "lost" in the house so far. Always seems to find the dock, despite struggling sometimes when there are obstructions in the path.
  4. Schedule cleanup is a blessing with us being busy with meetings & calls and the kids being occupied with online classes.
  5. Ability to selectively pick the rooms we want to clean
  6. Cleans under beds, wardrobes, etc. where we don't regularly clean - its a boon to have the undersides of the cots, etc. sparkling clean.

Cons
  • Initial Setup was confusing. Manuals and user documentation could be better.
  • Rather small dust box fills up quickly if there is a lot of dust/large area to clean
  • Gets stuck on floor mats and foot rugs (the old baniyan kept near the kitchen sink, utility sink, to be precise). Need to specifically clear these things before the mop does its thing.
  • Wet mopping is not all that great, though it does a satisfactory job. Cannot replace the "pressure pocha" that we (or our maids) do with regular wet wiping mops. It just passes over the surface.
  • Battery life may be an issue since it takes up 80% of battery to clean our house. Recharging everyday may shorten battery life.
  • Corners are still tricky. Its a hit or miss in corners. The rotary brushes don't seem to reach all corners effectively
  • One may have to manually clean the rotary brush below the unit and free it from all the entangled hair and dust bunnies trapped between bristles. The included blade makes this easy but some effort from our end to keep it running fine means that its not "maintenance free".

Smart Speaker:
Found the smart speaker rather disappointing in terms of sound quality. Google assistant works well but setting it up using the ultra minimalistic UI of Google Home was confusing and made a straight forward install very frustrating. The sound is okay (just about average) and there is no clear distinction between bass, mids and trebles since its a single driver. Sound is boomy at times and feels " dull and narrow" and one dimensional. May be I'm expecting too much but for 4K (as per the selling price), one can get pretty decent sounding speakers. The soundstage is not wide and its not bright. Overall - its a decent smart speaker but don't expect it to blow your socks off with the sound quality. Even the google assistant's female voice seems too bassy and not very clear (no emphasis on vocal frequencies). I'd rather take a 4K discount on the Vacuum Mop rather than get a mid-average smart speaker.
Old 30th June 2021, 08:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

I’m going to go against the tide to say that the mi robotic cleaner has been a disappointment. First, the setup process was extremely complicated for no reason, the mi mop never managed to connect to the wifi and so could not be controlled through the app at all. Second, the wet mop function is quite bad. It’s like a namesake feature.

After 7-10 days of usage, the mi mop came across as something that does dry vaccum quite well, but since I never got to register it on the mi home app, I had to let the machine do its own course, so it would never go in to one of the bedrooms and rather repeated some areas over and over again.

So by this time my wife had enough of it, she was quite comfortable with our Dyson, and somehow wasn’t convinced that the mi is going to help us, since the mopping was not at all useful. Anyway, to cut my losses short, I sold the mi vaccum within my society for 22k, so lost about 3k. But I sort of compensated the loss by selling off the mi speaker ( which I never opened ) for another 2.5k. So net loss was just Rs.500.

I’m not saying it’s not a good device, but if you already have something like a Dyson, then it’s counter productive.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 20:26   #54
BHPian

We have been using the Mi Robot Mop since December 2021. Bought it after a lot of research and it has proved to be a great buy at a reasonable price.

We use it daily. It takes about 70 minutes to cover an area of 550 sq feet and a substantial amount of charge remains. The cleaning is incredible and the amount of fluff it collects is amazing.I had no problems in setting it up or connecting it to the App . For the initial mapping I switched in the vacuum along the edges mode and moved some furniture which would block it’s path, so that it would be able to get the complete picture. It was pretty straight forward.

The only problem I see is for the elderly , who are not very savvy with mobile Apps. It would have been great if a separate remote control could also have been provided.

Although one of the reason for opting for the Mi Robot Mop was the MI support network, I was apprehensive about their response for spares/ consumables . Especially so because spares of other popular brands are available in Amazon However, the response was very prompt , and the requested parts were delivered right to our house.

Mi is also offering an extended warranty for another year beyond the standard first year cover for Rs. 999/-.They say it will cover onsite service, optical scanners , mother board, motor , etc.replacement.

Would appreciate any advice whether it is worth going for.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by amit162 : 6th July 2021 at 20:27. Reason: add lines
Old 19th July 2021, 09:25   #55
BHPian

I'm looking at getting the Mi Robot on Amazon's upcoming prime day sales. May only worries is where to purchase consumables for it (like replacement brushes, dust compartments etc). Plus will there be any servicing available in case in need to repair it? The other brands available also don't fill me with confidence, as most seem to not have service centers. Those who own the Mi Robot Vacuum, can you help me out with these questions.
Old 19th July 2021, 10:42   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
I'm looking at getting the Mi Robot on Amazon's upcoming prime day sales. May only worries is where to purchase consumables for it (like replacement brushes, dust compartments etc). Plus will there be any servicing available in case in need to repair it? The other brands available also don't fill me with confidence, as most seem to not have service centers. Those who own the Mi Robot Vacuum, can you help me out with these questions.
Is it even available on Amazon? I could see it only on Flipkart.

Sorry, i found it. Thanks for this. Lets see how much the price drops!

Last edited by Red Liner : 19th July 2021 at 10:43.
Old 20th July 2021, 11:18   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
I'm looking at getting the Mi Robot on Amazon's upcoming prime day sales. May only worries is where to purchase consumables for it (like replacement brushes, dust compartments etc).
I was looking for replacement filters for mine, here in Australia and found them on Amazon - both brushes, as well as filters. Have placed an order for a set of 2 replacement filters.

P.S. : My Mi Robot vacuum is the one without the mop function, bought much before it was launched with the mop option.
Old 20th July 2021, 12:30   #58
BHPian

Has anyone purchased mop pads and brushes for Mop-P in Bangalore? The customer care asked to walk-in to any service center and purchase spares. However, all service centers that were reachable by phone said that they did not have spares for the mop. Is there any option to order online directly from MI?
Old 20th July 2021, 13:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

When i asked Mi for spares (filters), they gave me a number for a service center in Kochi. That mobile number would either be busy or would not pick up.

Kept trying randomly for a month or so till i got through. Said sorry we don't have the spares for the robot vac.

Sent mail to mi but no response yet.

Overall, a sad experience while trying to get spares.

Wonder if AliExpress still delivers...
Old 26th July 2021, 15:52   #60
BHPian

I found that the spares were available at the MI service center in Indiranagar. Went there, and picked up enough spares to last a year.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks