Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2022, 20:35   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post
Thanks for the link. It makes life easy.
Why does the vacuum get ruined without filter ?
Because dust and dirt will find its way into the suction motor.
I clean the filters by blowing air or tapping them against any hard surface.
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:34   #122
BHPian

Anyone tried to modify the mop pads for removing stains yet? My gripe after using this almost for a year is mainly with mopping as it doesn't clean properly even in Y mode. I have figured its better to run the vaccum first and then mop separately to avoid new stains when the mop catches dirt and makes new stains. Was wondering if I staple Scotch brite cut outs across the microfiber, though it feels like the levelling and the surface area in contact with floor will be impacted.
Old 6th May 2022, 13:30   #123
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
Anyone tried to modify the mop pads for removing stains yet? My gripe after using this almost for a year is mainly with mopping as it doesn't clean properly even in Y mode. I have figured its better to run the vacuum first and then mop separately to avoid new stains when the mop catches dirt and makes new stains. Was wondering if I staple Scotch brite cut outs across the microfiber, though it feels like the levelling and the surface area in contact with floor will be impacted.
Not sure if modifying the mop will resolve the issue coz, the machine wont apply pressure to clean the stains.

We follow the below pattern for best use:
- Daily vacuum (S mode). If we are out and need to be cleaned after couple of days then Y mode
- Mop alternate day (Y Mode) after vacuum. We clean the stains before mop
- Clean dust compartment, roller brush once in 2 day
- Clean 2 in 1 compartment and mop after every use.

Filters are turning to black (fungus might be) for water compartment and hence changing them after 4 months of use.
Old 20th May 2022, 19:13   #124
BHPian

What is the App to be downloaded from App Store for I Phone to use the Mi Robo Vaccum ?
Old 20th May 2022, 19:40   #125
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
What is the App to be downloaded from App Store for I Phone to use the Mi Robo Vaccum ?
Search for "Mi Home" / Xiaomi Home - xiaomi smarthome in App Store and install
BRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 18:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

Update about my defective robot.

I had registered the service call on the 11th of April and till date nothing has happened other than one phone call on the 12th of April saying battery is not available and will contact once they get it.

Escalated the issue multiple times and received many assurances and confirmations on chat support and mail support but nothing positive as yet.

Just frustrated since this little fellow was so helpful in keeping the house clean. Thinking of getting a new one but have the feeling of once bitten twice shy.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 19:01   #127
Senior - BHPian

Update time again:

Got battery changed, paid Rs.3000. No change.

Then got board changed, service center kept device for a few days and verified that everything is ok.

Delivered the device today, collected Rs.5,000 and said good day.

After charging the device, I set it off to map the house and it did considerably better than before but to my dismay, it just turned off at 37% charge in the middle of the cycle.

Got a conference call with the service manager for south with someone else from technical side and I have been assured of an effective solution!

Guess with the lockdowns in China, parts are hard to come by but this is beyond acceptable.

Just hoping and praying that these guys solve the issues so that this little fellow is free to roam free and clean the house again
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 18:04   #128
Senior - BHPian

I have almost given up hope of mi's service team ever managing to rectify my device. Right now, I'm just waiting to see just how long they will take and how many parts they say they have to replace!

Latest update is that after inspection by a Mi company technician, some sensor has gone kaput and it's been dispatched from Bangalore.

So after nearly 3 months, 1 battery change, 1 board change and Rs.8k spent, it's now the sensor that is the culprit!

Should have just junked it and bought a new one during sale price of 17k.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 17:04   #129
Senior - BHPian

The saga continues (will there be an end in sight?):

After having changed the battery and board they then proceeded to blame the dock and replaced that (no money asked for that).

Charged it up, set it out for a run. Does the mapping just fine, but once you set it out to clean it just stops at 40% battery or so. And it won't power on when you press the power button and will have to take it to the dock and it will then turn itself back on.

Mi team says my wifi is bad and wanted me to try with mobile hotpsot. Told them to come and check my wifi. And when i told them if it was a wifi issue then how does it do the mapping properly? No reply.

Next day, their technician comes and waits to see it do a full run. And my robot promptly goes offline at the 40% battery mark. He records the whole thing on video and sends it to his higher ups.

Took the device back to the service center. Spoke with the manager today, says issue is replicating when they checked as well! And is now actively engaging with his higher ups on a solution for this.

Sigh, if only i had taken the extended warranty.

Oh well.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 17:57   #130
Senior - BHPian

So after 3 months, my robot is finally home and working like it used to do. Does the full cycle and goes back to the dock successfully.

So yay and whew at the same time! It was a pain having to clean the house without having it around.

Turns out the second battery that they had replaced was also faulty but they hadn't checked that since they assumed that after the first battery was faulty, the second one would not be! Which is why they had then proceeded to change the board and then the dock and even a couple of sensors.

Must remember to always take extended warranty for such stuff. Would have got a replacement by now.
deathwalkr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 18:48   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Must remember to always take extended warranty for such stuff. Would have got a replacement by now.
Mine is nearing a year. Is it possible to buy extended warranty now? If yes, how?
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:14   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Mine is nearing a year. Is it possible to buy extended warranty now? If yes, how?
You can get extended warranty from the mi service center upto 9 months after delivery.
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:42   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
You can get extended warranty from the mi service center upto 9 months after delivery.
Oops, I missed it by 3 weeks!
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:19   #134
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Xiaomi has introduced the Xiaomi Robot Vaccum Mop 2 Pro which is the next generation in India. Sells for ₹25,999 with some additional Bank Card based discounts.

Higher Suction Power, Larger Battery, Better Mopping seems to be the selling points.

Here is the overview of the Mop 2 Pro:
Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-pic05.png

Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-pic01.png

Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-pic02.png

Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-pic03.png

Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-pic04.png

Full Details - Link
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 17:46   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Any review of the new model esp when pitched against the older one? Will the new 5200 mAH battery fit in the old model? If yes, then it could be a good lateral upgrade.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks