Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 22:24   #91
BHPian

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I placed the order in amazon, cancelled it in 15 mins and went to flipkart and placed an order for the same item for 13782. Try FK before you buy.
Attachment 2215113
This was on the first day of sale. Got delivered yesterday.
Well that's one heck of a deal ! So many discount options adding up to this massive price cut
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 23:15   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Well that's one heck of a deal ! So many discount options adding up to this massive price cut
Of course. This was my amazon order.
Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-screenshot_20211005231101919.png
If I had an HDFC card I wud have got a 2k off, yet wouldn't have come anywhere near the deal I got in FK.

I got similar deals for the iPad Air and a Samsung WM. I stayed up till 2AM buying them, cos from previous experience I knew that the best deals in FK happen in the first few hours.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 07:43   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.gizmochina.com/2021/08/3...t-2-pro-china/

Looks like a massive stock clearance strategy before they introduce the Mop 2 Pro version, albeit at a hefty price.
Old 6th October 2021, 15:54   #94
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I placed the order in amazon, cancelled it in 15 mins and went to flipkart and placed an order for the same item for 13782. Try FK before you buy.
This was on the first day of sale. Got delivered yesterday.
That's an amazing deal. I did purchased from Amazon with cashback and card offer the final bill was 17.5k.

Was testing the Vacuum and Mop options for couple of day and found Vacuum is very good (we cleaned the house with broom before testing and it still picked up lot of fine dust. Mopping is ok, not bad and not great. It takes approximately 1 min per square meter for Vacuum and mop together and consumes approx. 25% of battery for a 40Sqm house.

Strange and funny incidents:
1. Switched off the docking station while the robot is performing its job. After cleaning it came back to docking station, and then it started behaving weird as if its lost, started moving to random place and searching for docking station . Had to switch on the docking station, stop the robot from docking and again asked it manually to move to docking station from the app. We were laughing at it

2. Restricted it for bathrooms. I was like lets play with it and see if the restriction really works. Opened one bathroom door. Voila, it went inside bathroom and immediately it realized that's a no-go zone and jumped back to the room (bathroom floor is 1 inch lower to room floor)
BRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 19:08   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So again, when i click on add consumables, nothing happens, submit mobile number for otp, nothing happens.

I give up
Did you find a solution for this?

The "Add consumables" button is not working for me as well. Nothing happens when I click it.
harisankarsony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 10:13   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harisankarsony View Post
Did you find a solution for this?

The "Add consumables" button is not working for me as well. Nothing happens when I click it.
Nope. I have given up :(
Old 14th October 2021, 11:52   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

I received the 2 hepa filters I ordered yesterday. I ordered the same on 29th of September and received a mail to make payment on 30th. I made the payment same day and yet it took a good 12 days to deliver. Part of the issue lied with the DTDC carrier who were pretty slow to carry it from Bangalore to Ranchi (10 days)!
Old 14th October 2021, 13:29   #98

Quote:
Nope. I have given up :(
I managed to add the consumables and submit the form. I'm not exactly sure what was the issue, but you could also try exactly what I did.

I contacted mi customer care on the phone and spoke about the issue. The customer care guy checked at his end and he was able to add consumables. He asked me to try through a pc after signing into my mi account on the browser.

I went a little further and did exactly the following:
1. Cleared site data for all mi.com, miservicemanager, xiaomi and Xiaomi/Mi related web pages in Google Chrome.
2. Signed into my mi account through the mi robot product page.
3. And went to this link on another tab.

This time, all the buttons in the web page were clickable and I was able to add the required consumables.

I suspect the issue was with the stored site data, but I'm not 100% sure. You could try following the same steps, and could probably get it working. And I suggest you do it on a pc and not through your phone/mi app.
Old 14th October 2021, 17:24   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went a little further and did exactly the following:
1. Cleared site data for all mi.com, miservicemanager, xiaomi and Xiaomi/Mi related web pages in Google Chrome.
2. Signed into my mi account through the mi robot product page.
3. And went to this link on another tab.

This time, all the buttons in the web page were clickable and I was able to add the required consumables.

I suspect the issue was with the stored site data, but I'm not 100% sure. You could try following the same steps, and could probably get it working. And I suggest you do it on a pc and not through your phone/mi app.
Did exactly as you have typed and still no change. I spoke to their tech support and they said they will verify and contact me again within 4 hours.

Still don't understand why they can't just add it on their main site itself. Especially when their spares for the water purifier are all easily accessible.

Oh well. The wait continues
Old 14th October 2021, 17:57   #100

Quote:
Did exactly as you have typed and still no change. I spoke to their tech support and they said they will verify and contact me again within 4 hours.

Still don't understand why they can't just add it on their main site itself. Especially when their spares for the water purifier are all easily accessible.

Oh well. The wait continues
That's a bummer

Yes, they should've made it a lot easier to purchase. Even though I have submitted the form, I still haven't been contacted for payment and order confirmation.

The wait continues for me as well
Old 15th October 2021, 21:17   #101

I have installed a bigger water tank (550 ml capacity) on my Mi Mop P. It's actually for Viomi models, but also works perfectly with Mi Mop P as well. Really useful if you are using the robot for mopping, since the water tank of the stock 2 in 1 compartment is too small (only around 200 ml). I'm inserting the amazon link here
harisankarsony is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 14:20   #102
BHPian

Quote:
That's a bummer

Yes, they should've made it a lot easier to purchase. Even though I have submitted the form, I still haven't been contacted for payment and order confirmation.

The wait continues for me as well
I have asked for two hepa filters since I see that the existing one is quite grimy. I clean it using gentle brush attachment with my old Eureka Forbes .
After 2 weeks I am very happy with the machine. Cleans part of my house, which is fairly large. I use it for about an hour a day. Our dogs are a little scared of it, and it has scooped up all the fallen fur from every corner
Old 21st December 2021, 12:53   #103
BHPian

As someone who has been using Dyson for past 1year and purchased this Mi vac & mop just a week before -- I'm not at all satisfied with the robotic vacuum cleaner's performance

In fact, there's no comparison to both - Dyson's performance is stellar & extremely efficient, it picks up dust from nooks/corners/carpets/sofa/bed/walls/windows which I've been not aware of. After 1 round of Dyson usage, the dust compartment is full with debris/dust from all over, and floor looks so clean that I don't feel the need to mop it.

Carpets/doormats etc. go back to pristine new condition after a round of Dyson usage, whereas this Mi one has been a letdown. Its cleaning is just average, maybe 35% of Dyson efficiency.

Moreover, the battery goes down to 30% or so within vacuuming just a room and it runs back to dock. And when I try to zone it room-wise and make it learn 1 room after another, it just cleans up the edges of the room and declares this room is done!

Maybe I've to explore the app a little more, and try to make use of the bummer in whatever better ways possible.

Advise to me from 2weeks back (if that were possible) -- DON'T go for the robotic VC.... IF you own a Dyson -- you'd be terribly disappointed
KrisTvpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:14   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
Moreover, the battery goes down to 30% or so within vacuuming just a room and it runs back to dock. And when I try to zone it room-wise and make it learn 1 room after another, it just cleans up the edges of the room and declares this room is done!
This is very unusual behaviour and I'd suggest you contact customer care. For reference our Mi Vacuum does the entire house (800sq.ft) in one go using up 70% of the battery, and zoning the rooms makes it clean not just the insides, but it cleans the boundary lines of the zones twice!
superguy282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 16:47   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
As someone who has been using Dyson for past 1year and purchased this Mi vac & mop just a week before -- I'm not at all satisfied with the robotic vacuum cleaner's performance

Not having used a dyson (way too much for me to afford), i can't compare the cleaning efficiency but the battery consumption seems to be off in your case.

Unless i go for the higher power modes, i am able to clean my entire ground floor without losing power completely.

Please check if you have any firmware updates pending. Also i assume this is with wifi connected.

And yes, please do check with the mi tech support team as well.

We are very happy with the product It's been a year now i guess.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks