Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2022, 10:04   #151
BHPian

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

Yesterday, to turn off the robot, I kept Home button pressed instead of power and heard the message "reset to factory settings" so just to avoid it, I now pressed Power button to turn it off. I was expecting that it'll ask for the setup next time but it didn't and worked like normal.

However, since then, the robot will turn off automatically at 16-20% and at the same spot on map. I was thinking to actually reset it to factory settings to see if that helps but is there a way to save/backup the map so I don't need to map the whole house again?
Old 8th October 2022, 10:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
However, since then, the robot will turn off automatically at 16-20% and at the same spot on map.
I really hope you don't have to face the problems i faced. You can refer my previous posts which will highlight the ordeal i went through with an issue similar to yours.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 11:14   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I really hope you don't have to face the problems i faced. You can refer my previous posts which will highlight the ordeal i went through with an issue similar to yours.
Thanks but there are so many posts on your profile so difficult to find the relevant ones. Is there a way to filter that out?

Also, I did factory reset and now paired it. Will start mapping once it is charged. Let's see how it works.

Last edited by devilicious : 8th October 2022 at 11:15. Reason: Spelling mistakr
Old 8th October 2022, 11:18   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Thanks but there are so many posts on your profile so difficult to find the relevant ones. Is there a way to filter that out?

Also, I did factory reset and now paired it. Will start mapping once it is charged. Let's see how it works.
Starts from here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5294319 (Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review)

Long story short, similar issue like yours. robot would shut down after a particular amount of time and won't go back to dock or give any warning message.
took me months to get it rectified by mi service team!
Old 9th October 2022, 02:25   #155
BHPian

Ah, so it was indeed the battery that was the issue. Might just buy a new battery online and replace it myself then. It doesn't look difficult on the YouTube videos atleast.

Though, I'm concerned as the issue started happening after that incomplete factory reset.
Old 18th November 2022, 23:26   #156
BHPian

Hello. I need some advice regarding buying a Robot Vacuum Cleaner. The choices available in the 20-30k range are
1. Mi Robot Vacuum
2. Black and Decker
3. Ecovacs
4. Eureka Forbes
All suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Old 15th March 2023, 19:53   #157
BHPian

I recently bought mop 2 pro and I have challenge with mapping the home. I have the robovoc docked in bedroom 2. The master bedroom is on the other side with living room in the middle. There is a door frame about 5cm above the floor and the robovac cannot get over it. So the map for this room isnt created.

If I try to create a new map for this room alone, it wants the dock to be present in the master bedroom. Is there anyway I can tackle this situation? I couldn't map this room to existing map by placing a cardboard so the bot can pass. The bot passed and mapped the area but its not getting updated to the existing map. It just gets lost when closing the app.
Old 16th March 2023, 12:15   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post

If I try to create a new map for this room alone, it wants the dock to be present in the master bedroom. Is there anyway I can tackle this situation? I couldn't map this room to existing map by placing a cardboard so the bot can pass. The bot passed and mapped the area but its not getting updated to the existing map. It just gets lost when closing the app.
Delete the map from the Mi home app and run fresh full clean cycle with cardboard in place for robovac to cross the door frame. So the new map can have the whole house.

Without any accessibility issue to any room, I had to reset map thrice in last one year. The map gets skewed without any apparent reason, it detects the whole house rotated to certain angle (no change in dock location or direction). I tried many things, but if it happens once, it navigates weirdly. I always had to delete the saved map from the Mi home app and rerun it for whole house mapping.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 11:34   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Delete the map from the Mi home app and run fresh full clean cycle with cardboard in place for robovac to cross the door frame. So the new map can have the whole house.
Thanks, that's what I did at the end. Have weird issue though. I cannot edit area of a certain room. When I draw a divide line, it cannot save it throwing "Internet connection is poor". Funny enough, works for other rooms and floor
Old 17th March 2023, 11:59   #160
BHPian

After an year of using the Mi robotic vacuum mop P [named him crappie], now I have settled down to a comfortable usage pattern, after various trials & errors.

My home isn't that large, a 1400sqft flat. But crappie always had problems with tackling the entire geography at one go, no-go zones for carpets etc. were missed sometimes, will abruptly declare "cleaning done" & rush back to the dock-charger before the entire area is covered, sometimes will only do the corners & miss out centre of room etc.

Ultimately I've come down to a 3-prong approach.

Prep: Clean up all carpets/mats/hard-to-reach corners with my Dyson Animal handheld VC.
Crappie Sweep-1: Hall/masterBR
Crappie Sweep-2: Corridor/guestBR/childrenBR/kitchen

Do a dry-run 1st, and then wet-mop run.

Now I get fairly good results.

Nevertheless, the quality of work isn't at par with the Dyson machine. That's in another league.

Overall, a good purchase.

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 17th March 2023 at 12:01. Reason: minor edit
Old 24th April 2023, 10:47   #161
BHPian

Here is my experience of buying MI Mop P accessories from https://miservicemanager.mi.com/productConsumable.html

For my usage I have figured out that one HEPA filter works good for around 5 months and must change by 6th, else the noise increases and the vacuum performance reduce a lot. So in a year I used up both filters that came with original box. Also I decided to change the mopping cloth.

I placed the order on 3rd January this year. I got a mail saying pay using UPI and send the reference number and screenshot of payment to that mail. Initially I did not notice the mail and took 2-3 days to figure out that this mail is seating in my inbox. So finally on 7th Jan I paid and sent back the screenshot. From that initial mail with QR code to pay up and to the delivery time, there would be no other communication. The phone number given in that mail, person would not pick up phone always and those time he picks up, his answer would be "SMS the order number, I'll get back". But he never comes back. Contacting MI support is also of no help, as this service is extended by MI to local contractor/vendors and they do not have any sync between them. For me it took a month and 10 days after payment to receive those two items; contacting that person once every week. Quality of items no doubt is very good. Almost after a month of payment I raised issue with MI support also, and the response I got after a week the day I got those items delivered, saying your items got delivered

Meanwhile, as it was taking time, I ordered Reverbo Replenishment Kit from Amazon. They sell from their own site reverbo.in also. Enquired with them looks like their shipment and return policy is quite fine. However the easy return of Amazon made me order from Amazon. Depending on the kit, it is cheaper by Rs 100 ~ 200 on reverbo.in.

Quality of reverbo products are also good and no complain so far. I got this kit. It is cheaper than MI originals and from the usage of their accessories for last 3-4 months, I can say, they are at par with MI. They sell these kits for different other Chinese robotic cleaner brands too. So looks like as long as reverbo sells these on Amazon, not going to order from MI site.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 24th April 2023 at 10:52.
dipdawiz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 10:28   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Quality of reverbo products are also good and no complain so far.
Just ordered a set without the mop cloths. Thanks for the review. Saved time and money
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 12:04   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Any feedback on the new(er) model Mop 2i (link)? The pricing has been marginally kept lower than the older Mop model, by ~2k INR. Surprisingly the Mop 2 Pro is out of stock everywhere (Mi.com, Amazon.in, etc.).
Old 9th May 2023, 13:43   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Any feedback on the new(er) model Mop 2i (link)? The pricing has been marginally kept lower than the older Mop model, by ~2k INR. Surprisingly the Mop 2 Pro is out of stock everywhere (Mi.com, Amazon.in, etc.).
Main difference being the navigation tech in 2i is optical and other proximity sensors which cannot map your home. Hence cleaning a single or selective room needs to be done manually by placing it into that room. Also it does not use LDS/Lidar for navigation so it tries to navigate furniture/wall by bumping onto them and figures out where to go.

Better go for Mi Mop P (not pro), at least, if you want to use it with as less manual intervention as possible. On deals day, Mop P also comes down to 18-19K after all discounts and offers. Mop 2 pro might be better in mopping action than Mop P. Go for 2i only if budget constraint or you are planning it to be rarely used as contingency for maid.
dipdawiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 08:32   #165
Senior - BHPian

Got myself the Xiaomi 2i, thanks to a post here. The first robo cleaner and, thankfully, better half is now convinced.

How does one delete the map stored in it? Tried toggling that Map Upload option, in the Mi Home app, but that always brings back the old map once re-enabled. Do not see any other map deletion/ reset option.

Is resetting the device the only way out?

And, strangely, for some reason, the map is fine for few days and then gets changed to a totally different layout, as if there is a cloud sync issue with another device!
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks