Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2023, 08:53   #166
BHPian

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

How does one delete the map stored in it?
Go to settings -> Manage Location and you should see a (-) button before each map which can be used to delete the map.
satnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 22:19   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Hello. I need some advice regarding buying a Robot Vacuum Cleaner. The choices available in the 20-30k range are
1. Mi Robot Vacuum
2. Black and Decker
3. Ecovacs
4. Eureka Forbes
All suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Bumping this up. My old Mi vaccum stopped working last week. It is just over 2 years old. So, now looking for new one.
Sidban85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 11:32   #168
Senior - BHPian

Two year life is too short. I'm expecting 4 years life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
Bumping this up. My old Mi vaccum stopped working last week. It is just over 2 years old. So, now looking for new one.
Old 11th June 2023, 12:53   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most likely an issue with the battery? Had it checked by the service center?
Old 11th June 2023, 14:49   #170
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Ecovac T8 is what we are using from April 2021. No issues. Daily it vacuums mop (Additional accessory) nearly 1400sqft of carpet area. After 3+ years its battery and cleaning is same as day 1. It has battery for nearly 3hrs..

Only thing is religious we change the accessories, which is on expansive side.
Old 18th June 2023, 19:00   #171
BHPian

Pathetic customer service from Xiaomi. My vacuum cleaner died last month where it'll only make vaccum sound at the start for few seconds and then errors out with something like, "please make sure laser sensor is not blocked". Earlier, it used to work after blow cleaning its sensors but this time it didn't.

Raised a complaint with Mi, they came and opened the product for thorough cleaning but it still didn't work. Finally they took the product to service center and gave me no written proof for this (even customer care didn't help). After 15 days, called me saying the product cannot be fixed and to buy a new one. It's just 2 years old product.

Escalated to Xiaomi grievance cell and even after 10 days, nothing in sight. So irritated with the fact that they can't repair their own product.
devilicious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 10:35   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Pathetic customer service from Xiaomi.
Can confirm that their service is atrocious. I had to find contacts in the sale team who put me onto a service manager and only then did some movement happen when my mi died due to a battery issue.

Took on nearly two months for them to solve the issue!

Not that it will help now, but try and take their extended warranty whenever possible. Instant replacement.
Old 19th June 2023, 10:57   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Please make sure laser sensor is not blocked". Escalated to Xiaomi grievance cell and even after 10 days, nothing in sight. So irritated with the fact that they can't repair their own product.
I had a similar issue and they replaced the radar and it started working again. (Reference: > (Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?))

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Can confirm that their service is atrocious. I had to find contacts in the sale team who put me onto a service manager and only then did some movement happen when my mi died due to a battery issue.
Yes was following your ordeal closely here - very unfortunate.

As the Mi Vacuum Products are imported and not locally assembled and hence there seems to be a skill gap in terms of support and troubleshooting. Hopefully, they get the local support engineers trained on the product quickly - this is unfortunate for a good product and a product that has been around for 2.5 years+ now.

Meanwhile, one of my cousins had purchased a Mi Robot Vacuum Mop 2 Pro - and after 3 months he said he is no longer using it. I picked it for a lower price and will need to sell of my existing Vacuum v1 on OLX now. The new one has better Battery, Suction and appears to have a better Mopping function as well.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 19th June 2023 at 10:59.
Old 19th June 2023, 11:35   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I had a similar issue and they replaced the radar and it started working again. (Reference: > (Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?))
Thats the thing. Engineer has informed me that they've replaced radar, some sensors but it didn't work. Now when they informed me that they will replace the tires, I lost all confidence in them. I've asked to speak to their senior engineer or manager but so far, nothing.

Last edited by devilicious : 19th June 2023 at 11:36. Reason: Closing quotes
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 11:57   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats the thing. Engineer has informed me that they've replaced radar, some sensors but it didn't work. Now when they informed me that they will replace the tires, I lost all confidence in them. I've asked to speak to their senior engineer or manager but so far, nothing.
Asked them to check the battery as well. And glad you got a replacement from your cousin
Old 19th June 2023, 12:03   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Asked them to check the battery as well. And glad you got a replacement from your cousin
Replacement from my cousin? Sorry didn't get this.
Old 19th June 2023, 13:08   #177
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, got mixed up with the post by vsrivatsa
Old 25th June 2023, 07:59   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Escalated to Xiaomi grievance cell and even after 10 days, nothing in sight. So irritated with the fact that they can't repair their own product.
UPDATE: Despite repeated reminders to Grievance cell, no replies even after over 2 weeks. Thats the level of unprofessionalism in Xiaomi India. Unfortunately!
Old 1st July 2023, 22:24   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

My MI robot was not used for a 2-3 months or so. Tried starting it today but it starts from the dock and turns off abruptly. I’m guessing the battery is gone. Anyone replaced the battery with original replacement? Approx cost I’m looking at and from where to source?

Thanks.
Old 23rd July 2023, 07:12   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
My MI robot was not used for a 2-3 months or so. Tried starting it today but it starts from the dock and turns off abruptly. I’m guessing the battery is gone. Anyone replaced the battery with original replacement? Approx cost I’m looking at and from where to source?

Thanks.
Call Mi service center and they'll bring the battery and change it. Need to pay battery cost and service charge if out of warranty. Relacing battery isn't that difficult but Mi won't sell it to you.
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed