Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2022, 13:29   #361
BANNED

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Case of inflated MRP perhaps? Or is this a premium brand like Dyson?
This isn’t a Dyson equivalent, more a Mi, iLife, Eureka Forbes clone. All of them get the same product manufactured in China with minor changes to the exterior and features.

ilife is also giving substantial discounts. Probably passing on the discounts given by the original manufacturer or end of life cycle or closing the product line.

Trying to figure this one out as the discounts (69,900 to 16.900) are too tempting to take on face value alone.
Old 1st August 2022, 16:31   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
This isn’t a Dyson equivalent, more a Mi, iLife, Eureka Forbes clone. All of them get the same product manufactured in China with minor changes to the exterior and features.

ilife is also giving substantial discounts. Probably passing on the discounts given by the original manufacturer or end of life cycle or closing the product line.

Trying to figure this one out as the discounts (69,900 to 16.900) are too tempting to take on face value alone.
Then it should very well be a case of inflated MRPs considering the mi goes on sale for 18k at times and the new one was launched at 27k.
Old 1st August 2022, 16:52   #363
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Then it should very well be a case of inflated MRPs considering the mi goes on sale for 18k at times and the new one was launched at 27k.
Most brands are giving substantial discounts. Check out iLife. Don’t know if everyone resorted to inflated MRP’s.
Old 3rd August 2022, 08:16   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
70% Discounts on Ecovacs:
I have the Deebot T8 with OZMO mop since May 2021 bought for 44K. Supremely happy with it and it saved us during the maid-less times. Highly recommended for suction + mopping ability + reasonably priced consumables.

I hope they are not packing up and leaving. Unlikely though I feel.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 20:37   #365
BHPian

Hello,

I am looking to buy a Robo Vacuum for my parents. With no reliable maid available these days,I believe this is a good idea.
I would like to know from the members here on their feedback on using such a robot vacuum .
Points to consider :
1) House is flat but little crowded with furnitures
2) Parents still prefer brooming and mopping by themselves, so pretty sure they will have complaints with technology.But the idea is to help my reducing the frequency of them doing it
3) Dry vacuum only is also sufficient
4) Cost is not an issue, but after sales service is

Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 10:36   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeeshaan007 View Post
Hello,

2) Parents still prefer brooming and mopping by themselves, so pretty sure they will have complaints with technology.But the idea is to help my reducing the frequency of them doing it
We need to ditch the broom and once the robot vacuum does it's job you will be amazed at just how better a job it does in grabbing up dust from the floor.

I have been using the Mi device for sometime now and i cannot complain about it's working ethic but did have a couple of months downtime due to service center unable to properly identify an issue and hence took a long time to rectify it.

For the price, I feel it is unbeatable.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 10:21   #367
Senior - BHPian

I did something innocently stupid recently and had to pay the price for it. The Mi Robot was looking very dusty and I used a wet Micro Fiber cloth and wiped it clean. Lo and Behold it stopped working with some Radar error. Nothing resolved the error and I took the Mi Robot to the Authorized Repair center. They had to replace the radar and it costed me ₹4,000 for the replacement + repair. Works fine now but lesson learnt the hard way.

Except for this self-induced issue - the Mi Robot has been working very well and has now crossed 2 years of Sweeping/Mopping duty.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 25th December 2022 at 10:22.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 16:33   #368
BHPian

Does anyone have experience with McTuring, they have LIDAR based product with really good specification.
Old 17th January 2023, 10:28   #369
BHPian

iRobot leaked images from the device tester's home.

This can happen to buyers as well right?

Quote:
To Greg, iRobot has “failed spectacularly” in its treatment of the testing community, particularly in its silence over the privacy breach. iRobot says it has notified individuals whose photos appeared in the set of 15 images, but it did not respond to a question about whether it would notify other individuals who had taken part in its data collection. The participants who reached out to us said they have not received any kind of notice from the company.

src: https://www.technologyreview.com/202...reement-misled
Old 18th January 2023, 18:35   #370
BHPian

Amazon is having some good deals on Ecovacs products. I am trying to understand the difference between N8 Pro and T8. They are priced similarly.
T8 can have an additional vibrating accessory for mopping while N8 is not compatible with this. Other than this, I am not able to understand the difference in performance.
Is anyone here using any of these models?

I am looking for a good vacuum + mop for a 2000 sqft house. Budget is around 30k.
Old 18th January 2023, 19:13   #371
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
We have an iRobot. We don't live in Bangalore. It once showed an error that we couldn't decipher. The company arranged for a pickup, did the rectification, and delivered it back. It's part of their normal Support, and they do this for everyone in India. If you are in Bangalore, you have the option to carry the iRobot to their repair center or to opt for pickup and return.
A_Basu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 07:20   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I am looking to buy a Robo Vacuum for my parents. With no reliable maid available these days,I believe this is a good idea.
I would like to know from the members here on their feedback on using such a robot vacuum .
Points to consider :
1) House is flat but little crowded with furnitures
3) Dry vacuum only is also sufficient

Thanks
We were early adopters of Mi Rob vacuum cleaner.; had prebooked it. My replies are based on the same.

1. If you have furnitures, then it would be better to check on the available clearance which will determine whether the Mi robot (I guess applies for others with similar tech) will do the intended job. Ours need about 2 inches plus the diameter of the robot on the horizontal plane and about 2 inches plus the height on the vertical plane (in our case 2 inches from the lidar housing on the top).

2) Yes, you will notice an improvement & hence reduction in the the manual exercise. The amount of dust, especially fine dust, the device collects will be a pleasant surprise.

3) Mostly yes. The mopping is more or less similar to wiping with a damp cloth; no pressure exerted. So stains, dried up muck etc would require occassionaly a manual mop which could be limited to such affected portions only. Since dust reduction is high, the need to mop is anyways reduced substantially. We do a manual wet mop once in 2 weeks compared to our daily schedule earlier. Just to give you an idea, a couple of us are extremely intolerant to dust and this new schedule is working fine for us. The HEPA filter helps here.

4) After-sales for Bangalore has been exceptional for Mi. The battery gave away recently (didn't use the cleaner for extended period coz we were renovating) & was replaced within 2 days by a visiting technician. cost was 2900 including the taxes & service.

Also its better to allow the device to "map" the cleaning area without disturbing the furnitures & other perceived obstructions, i.e. keep them as you would on a regular day; don't try to patronise the device. This helps a lot in a smoother scheduled operation. Else the device gets "confused" and tries to navigate around the changes. You can use this aspect to your advantage as well; keep a foot in front of the direction of motion if you want the device to return a few inches to vacuum a sport again. This might be the only "learning" required to transition to the technology , based on our experiences plus that of both our parents.

If you are going with Mi, I would recommend going for the Mop 2 Pro. The specs are better.
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 08:20   #373
BHPian

Thank you so much for the feedback.

My wife did some research and we went with the McTuring S9 Pro Robot vacuum. This seems to be an Indian brand and they had 1) pretty good specifications, 2) LIDAR mapping (no camera), 3) supporting an Indian startup.
The aftersales support is yet to be tested but their customer support was quite decent until now.

Feedback until now:
1) Parents are extemely happy with the dust vacuum. Their major effort was brooming and this device eliminated that problem.
2) The vacuum on strong suction can work at 300 psi which is more an adequate
3) The vacuum took approximately an hour to complete our 1200 sq feet house with furniture
4) Mopping was just wiping wet cloth across floor and our house gets quite dirty due to dog and frequent visitors and mopping did not add value
5) The user interface is so so. This could have been improved. The settings are not intuitive. Making parents understand Was little difficult.
6) The LIDAR mapping was done effectively without any flaws
7) The front brush sometimes a little too fast causing dust to be thrown away from the vacuum.
8) The device is sometimes not able to Dock at the charging station

Until now parents are happy in first two weeks of usage. With the amount of dirt that we get in our home, this device will really be put to its limits and I am interested to see how long this lasts.

For some of the quirky behaviour that I observe, I am going to contact customer support to see what resolution I get.
aeeshaan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 10:21   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I have the Deebot T8 with OZMO mop since May 2021 bought for 44K. Supremely happy with it and it saved us during the maid-less times. Highly recommended for suction + mopping ability + reasonably priced consumables.

I hope they are not packing up and leaving. Unlikely though I feel.
I am on the verge of getting this model. Wanted to know if you have the Ozmo pro vibrating module for mopping. Is the mopping performance acceptable without this module?
Old 19th January 2023, 11:27   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I am on the verge of getting this model. Wanted to know if you have the Ozmo pro vibrating module for mopping. Is the mopping performance acceptable without this module?
Yup, I have the vibrating thingy too. In my experience, the vibrating one is very effective because it actually slides to-and-fro at a rapid pace, and actually scrubs the floor. But it is noisier and can be intrusive if WFH.

The normal one is also good and simply slides the cleaning cloth in a linear fashion without putting much pressure on it. It is still pretty effective!

I'd go for it with eyes closed.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks