Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2021, 13:14   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Hi All,

After reading the experience of yours, I am tempted to buy the Mi Vacuum Mop as well. I have few queries, which I am hoping you can help me with.
  1. What are the different consumables required to maintain the robot. Trying to arrive at the running cost for say next one year.
  2. How is the availability of these consumables.
  3. Does the robot pickup long human hairs (say 1ft/2ft long ones) as well. Or its recommended to sweep the floor by broom manually and then use this robot.
Thanks
Consumables are not yet available on the Indian store but they claim it will all be made available soon. Rollers, The corner brushes, mop cloth, dust bins etc.

Running cost would only be the electricity consumption to charge it and the wifi data which would be minimal.

It picks up hair just fine. Gets entangled in the roller brush and they also give a blade just for clearing off the tangled hair.

Not required to sweep. Would lose the purpose of getting one of these. But you should do a quick sweep of the house with your eyes and ensure there is nothing on floor like hanging wires or such that can pose a hurdle.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 14:10   #242
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Consumables are not yet available on the Indian store but they claim it will all be made available soon. Rollers, The corner brushes, mop cloth, dust bins etc.
Thank you for response. What about the water used to do the mopping. Can we mix the floor cleaner of our choice/quantity in this?
Old 21st January 2021, 15:03   #243
BHPian

Quote:
What about the water used to do the mopping. Can we mix the floor cleaner of our choice/quantity in this?
The user manual says that you are not supposed to add in any floor cleaners in the water tank.

Alternatively what you can do is spray the cleaner onto the mop right before you are about start mopping. It does an ok job. With regular use, the results are quite satisfactory. We use it twice a day and my family is very happy with the performance.

Cheers.
Old 21st January 2021, 16:33   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for response. What about the water used to do the mopping. Can we mix the floor cleaner of our choice/quantity in this?
As motorhead mentioned, we cannot add cleaning solutions to the water tank directly. The other way is to spray a bit on the cloth before starting the vac-mop cycle.

Personally i am not a big fan of the mopping. It does a good job no doubt but the whole process is cumbersome (for me at least).

1) It is not able to complete a full vac/mop cycle of my house. Does about 70% before running back to it's station for charging.

2) I could not find any water level warnings so had to manually check and refill water along the way.

3) Takes too long.

Ergo, i let it do a proper vac of the house then use a microfiber stick mop with water/cleaning solution to finish the mopping. Takes about 15 minutes.

The little fellow is happy and we are happy
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 20:15   #245
BHPian

Quote:
I use RO water for this to prevent scaling issues. It just needs like a glass of water.

It does a pretty good job overall, still, please remember that it's not so efficient if something is stuck on floor. Like Kitchen area or clay (if you have young kids).

We do a weekly additional cleaning of the kitchen, or if something like milk gets spilled. That's pretty much it.
Old 27th January 2021, 22:39   #246
BANNED

Thanks all. I received the mi robot today. And have put it for charging. One thing I noticed in Mi Home is, that the battery temperature is showing as 87 degrees. Is this normal? Upto what degrees will it keep on increasing. It was around 81 about 10 minutes back

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-screenshot_20210127223816.jpg

Edit: Now it's at 97 degrees. Basically increasing by one degrees every minute.

Ok. Just reached 100. Thankfully is says battery is full. So hopefully the temperature will go down.
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-screenshot_20210127230018.jpg

Last edited by ottocycle : 27th January 2021 at 23:04.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 23:00   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all. I received the mi robot today. And have put it for charging. One thing I noticed in Mi Home is, that the battery temperature is showing as 87 degrees. Is this normal? Upto what degrees will it keep on increasing. It was around 81 about 10 minutes back
I'm pretty sure it's displaying percentage (%) of battery charged and not degrees (temperature). Please look closely.
SedateMotorhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 23:11   #248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
I'm pretty sure it's displaying percentage (%) of battery charged and not degrees (temperature). Please look closely.
Oh. Looks like I need an eye checkup. Just freaked out. Please ignore my previous post .
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 14:29   #249
Senior - BHPian

Mi Vacuum Mop now supports "Multi-Map" feature up to 10 maps

Some of the others on this forum were also looking forward to this feature.

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-xiaomi_multi_map.png
Support for 10 Maps Introduced

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-screenshot_20210207142725899_com.xiaomi.smarthome.jpg
Mi Home App Showing Instructions to Add New Map

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-screenshot_20210207142720622_com.xiaomi.smarthome.jpg
Mi Home App Showing Map List
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 11:21   #250
BHPian

Ask

Recommendations for a Robotic vacuum calener in the 20-25K range with vaccum and mop fucntion for a 2.5BHK flat

Background

We have recently moved into a 1300 sq.ft flat in Noida and so far we have been able to manage the household chores between me and my wife without any qualms. We are sweeping and mopping thrice a week at the moment but I want this off our hands and the clenaing to be more regular. We have open areas facing our apartment and lot of dust enters the house through the day.

Requirements

- Sweep and mop
- Automatic mapping
- Ability to target cleaning areas and mark areas as off bounds
- Should be able to climb over door mats (<1" off the floor) without getting stuck
- Should be able to pick up semi dry dirt from the ktichen floor
- Auto return to base
- Scheduled cleaning (In the night)
- Smart enough to skip a room when doors are closed
- Great after sales support for spares and service (Very very important)

I was contemplating on the Mi Robot vacuum P during the crowdfunding stage but backed out due to the lack of clarity. Also I have gone through the models available on Amazon - iLife, Eufy, Milagrow etc in this range but I am a bit skeptical about post sales. Given that xiaomi has an established ecosystem I am leaning towards it but open to other suggestions based on real life usage

Request you all for recommendations
Old 10th February 2021, 02:34   #251
Senior - BHPian

Do any of you know how to reset the "Empty and clean dust compartment" message on the Mi Robot ? I've cleaned it multiple times but the audio alert and text in the app is still showing
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:05   #252
BHPian

Eureka Forbes also has a model
https://www.reliancedigital.in/eurek...uv/p/491903128

If any of you own one would appreciate your feedback on it.
Old 23rd February 2021, 17:46   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Personally, I'd advise iRobot all day, any day, even if its only dry vac. Eureka Forbes are locally made pieces of junk that fall apart in a year or so, horrible experience with their hand held, noisy vaccum cleaners, all show and no go. Never buy Indian/Chinese anything if the aim is quality and durability.
Old 24th February 2021, 08:46   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Do any of you know how to reset the "Empty and clean dust compartment" message on the Mi Robot ? I've cleaned it multiple times but the audio alert and text in the app is still showing
Currently, they do not have a sensor to determine when the dust compartment is full, hence the reminder.
Old 24th February 2021, 10:35   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Eureka Forbes also has a model
https://www.reliancedigital.in/eurek...uv/p/491903128

This is from that link:

"This Eureka Forbes ROBO VAC N MO Vacuum Cleaner image is for illustration purpose only. Actual image may vary"

That sounds very odd

For 19k, i would suggest get the mi at 25k now? At least it's a proven product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks