Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:12   #271
BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
[h3]
First Roomba, the 980
Did you know this model uses Qualcomm chipset. If iRobot could bring down the spare part cost, they could have sold in much higher numbers. We purchased one from Eureka Forbes and after a week, my mom packed it and kept it in the store room. This was a bit noisy and not as smart as iRobot

Last edited by rahulskumar : 23rd April 2021 at 11:13.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:36   #272

I use Roborock S5 for both vaccuming and mopping. The best investment I ever made. The mapping software is good and it also take additional effort to reach the difficult to access corner.

I regret not buying it earlier.
kits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 13:14   #273
BHPian

I've been using a combination of the Roomba 960 and the Dyson v8 for a couple of years now. As mentioned by others, the Puresight management doesn't love upto iRobot's premium offering. I had to often escalate issues on Twitter or LinkedIn to iRobot and Puresight management.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 13:32   #274
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
So, it's been about 4 days since I started using this. .
Thanks for your review.

I'm leaning towards this ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 950. There is another model called ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO T8, trying to figure out if it is worth the extra money.

I found this comparison video for Roborock S6 vs Deebot 950 vs Roomba i7

sgm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:50   #275
BHPian

Is anyone using the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P? Was interested to know the feedback after using one- especially in Bangalore. While I don't think this would be having the really cool auto emptying of the wastebin like the Roomba S9; hope it at least gives a really clean floor. I wonder how these deal with sharply angled squarish corners?
evilmessiah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 15:48   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post
Is anyone using the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P?
I've been using one for few months now, in Bangalore.
  • Vacuuming is very good and gets 95% of the dust/dirt.
  • Battery is quite good. I use it on my upper floor only, about 1500 sqft and it completes in ~45 minutes and with 60% battery left.
  • Brilliant for picking up pet hair. I can run it just after maid has mopped floor and it will still pick up a handful.
  • Mopping is not good; the pad does not contact the floor uniformly. Leaves streaks and doesn't remove stains.
  • Navigation and floor layout memory works reasonably well but once in a while loses track, requiring a return to base and restarting
  • Cannot remember multiple floors; still works but takes way more time
  • Features like scheduling, cleaning specific rooms, restricted areas, virtual walls all work well
  • Vacuum only dust box is large, can easily use 3-4 days before emptying. Combination vacuum + mopping dust box is good for 1-2 days.
  • Edges/corners are not a problem
RedOne is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:06   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post
Is anyone using the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P? Was interested to know the feedback after using one- especially in Bangalore,
I am using the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P regularly for quite some time. Mostly using the vacuum and rarely the mop. Picks up dust well on its normal or medium setting. Corners are mostly taken care of by the rotating bristles and suction. Only gripe is it gets stuck very easily on the doormats and long human hairs gets easily tangled on its bristles. Navigation is good and it supports room wise maps and virtual walls. It completes my 3bhk on a single charge (consumes around 85%). Very limited support for GoogleHome voice commands. Good experience so far particularly for the price point it comes at (I got it during the initial crowdfunding )
AG-D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:38   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
[*]Cannot remember multiple floors; still works but takes way more time
With the recent update, you can add multiple maps. Take device and dock to the 1st floor, create new map, save it.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:15   #279
BHPian

Quote:

If you reach out to the USA technical team (on email or Twitter) they will push an update for your device after confirming the serial number.
Mine got updated to 3.14.14 last night.
Hi,

Could you please DM me the email address for US tech team? I have the same issue with this and have been unable to get a solution thus far.

Thank you!
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:27   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
Thanks for your review.

I'm leaning towards this ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 950. There is another model called ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO T8, trying to figure out if it is worth the extra money.

I found this comparison video for Roborock S6 vs Deebot 950 vs Roomba i7

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=IZuHgVoJnok
OZMO T8 has the option of a better mopping accessory which vibrates at a high frequency and could possibly give a better mopping result!
Old 23rd April 2021, 22:46   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
The only issue I've had is the poor availability of spares (for example, my cornering brush has been broken for a year and I can't find reasonably priced spares). It's also grown noisier with time (I believe this is a trait of the 600 series) My mother was actually pushing for a Braava to cover the 'pochha' part of it too, but the availability of the disposable mopping pads was a big question mark. How has your experience with this been?
iRobot India is not the best when it comes to the availability of spares, I try to buy and stock up in advance. For you, I would suggest generic consumables for 600 series from Amazon.
As far as Brava goes, 390t is quite basic, and due to its disadvantages that I listed in my review, I don’t recommend it to anyone; frankly speaking, mopping yourself is easier and more satisfying than getting that thing. I would suggest you get the M6 but then you will be able to appreciate it fully only if you upgrade to a more recent model of the Roomba so that they can sync their runs and the whole process is automated.
The availability of mopping pads has not been a problem and both washable and disposable pads are available, I dont like the disposable pads though, they seem to be less efficiant at picking up muck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Great reviews, was looking for some real experience with M6. Using Braava 390T since 2017 Feb. Absolute useful machine. Though slow, I use only for wet mop, its silent and that's the best part. As it needs manual intervention, hence was thinking of M6. But then Braava 390T replacement accessories are simple and with some jugaad can use regular microfiber cloth hence becomes easy to use specially in times of accessories shortage or out of stock situation. For daily use Braava battery is Achilles heel, to clean 900-1000sqft open room area daily, battery would reduce its capacity in just 8-9 months and needs replacement by 1 year and it costs 3500. How is the battery longevity of M6?
Thanks.
I agree with you about the simplicity of 390t but that’s both a boon and a bane, like i mentioned in my review, it needs more manual intervention than i would like a robotic cleaner to need, its mopping isn’t the most efficient and it just cant mop large areas. Its a good addon, to be used only in spaces like kitchens, bathrooms etc. In fact after I got the M6 i used it to mop my bathrooms and kitchen till it was sold off. The M6 runs for atleasdt 2-3 hours before its battery runs out, and then it can go back to its dock, recharge itslef and resume where it left of. I am satisfied with that approach.

Quote:
Tried Roomba twice (once in 2017 and then again in 2020), but it takes almost 2 hrs to clean my home, the sound is too intrusive to my liking for those 2 hours specially now that I am full time WFH. Both used twice and returned, thanks to Amazon and iRobots no question asked return policy.
You are right, an average 3 bhk house takes about 2 hours, the S9 seems a little faster than my older 980 though. I set it up to work while i am at the hospital, so thats not a problem for me; unfortunately no WFM for people like me. My wife still doesn’t let me run it on holidays because of the noise. Again S9 is quieter than the older models while still being more powerful.

Quote:
I now use Dyson V8 Absolute+ for vacuuming (then Braava wet mop) and its takes hardly 15min to vacuum the house - light weight, cordless and articulated head makes it easy to handle and use. No issue with battery or anything so far. Its my daily house hold chores exercise . Customer service is another gem. Using it since 2018 and 2 months back when soft roller motor gave up; though out of warranty by almost a year, Dyson send me a new soft roller head for free as good will gesture. Also with all attachments it comes with, helps in lot of other cleaning at home, and easy carpet cleaning with one of the best carpet cleaner attachments.
My wife wants us to get a Dyson too, I think it will be an overkill but with the gadget freaks that we are, I might just buy one

Quote:
And all these investments are worth spending when you think about the freedom from maid (waking up early to open the door or constant monitoring or look after the corners whether its clean) - happy to brag that no house hold help since 2017
Bragging rights, oh yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Did you know this model uses Qualcomm chipset. If iRobot could bring down the spare part cost, they could have sold in much higher numbers. We purchased one from Eureka Forbes and after a week, my mom packed it and kept it in the store room. This was a bit noisy and not as smart as iRobot
I believe it was the i7 which got the Qualcomm processor and thereafter the S9 and M6 use Qualcomm Chips.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/20...-delivers-more

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-ir...t-home-robots/

iRobots are considred overpriced in the west and its even more so here. I dont think the iRobot has an actual presence in our country and PureSight/ Nashtronics is just a vendor which imports and sells irobots in India at a premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydogg View Post
Hi,

Could you please DM me the email address for US tech team? I have the same issue with this and have been unable to get a solution thus far.

Thank you!
They got in touch with me after I tweeted and tagged @irobot along with @irobotindia. The email address that i have been using to communicate with them since then is irobot_homesupport@mailmw.custhelp.com
docsinghal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 02:00   #282

Dyson V11 vs Mi Vacuum Robot - which one would a better option for parents?

I do realize that they are two completely different products. The V11 currently is on offer for 45k and the Mi for 25k. Ignoring the mopping functionality of the robot which is apparently not useful at all, which of these would be more suitable for giving to my parents?

The Dyson needless to say, is wonderful at doing its job. I fear that with the manual effort still being required with the Dyson, they might not be incentivized to prefer it over a broom.

Mi on the other hand is very good at its vacuuming and chore planning using the app but has its own niggles wrt "undetectable obstacles to its sensor" such as slippers, door mat, etc. From what I read, the bin and brush have to be cleaned bi weekly.

In case you have either the Mi Robot or the Dyson V10/V11, kindly answer the following:

How have they been holding up in Indian conditions?

Would it effectively stop the need for manual sweeping?

What is the actual battery life that you are getting out of it?

How frequently is manual intervention for cleaning the brush/roller required?

In case of the Dyson, how comfortable is it for a 48 year old medium build woman to use it in terms of weight?

Apart from these, any other feedback that you think might help would also be much appreciated.
Old 24th April 2021, 07:19   #283
Senior - BHPian

There is a separate thread for Dyson. I purchased iLife Robot and noticed that the corners are still dirty, so picked up the Dyson V10 (V11 was OOS for 6 months). If I have to choose between the two, Dyson is the better buy. Since it is lightweight and on the wall, (within hand's reach) - we use it mostly. But both complement each other. Dyson is the best portable vacuum in the world, for cars. It's just incredible how clean it keeps my vehicle. Other advantages are; Dyson is great for crevices, furniture and beds (Lifts allergens). iLife goes about its daily chore and needs no monitoring, we just pop it into a room and close the door. I have to mention, it's very good and picks up the tiniest pet hair. To answer your points;

a. It holds up well to Indian conditions. However, it doesn't do 'wet'
b. Manual sweeping is not required. Besides kicking up dust, the broom itself sheds. Manual sweeping lifts some dust and this settles on furniture. This defeats the purpose
c. Dyson has never died on me. In lowest settings, it's alive for 30-40 Mins. And in highest, 15 Mins. We have never used the highest.
d. I clean the roller brush whenever it is dirty. Say, once in two months. It's very easy
e. Dyson V10 and 11 are heavy. I prefer the V8, when it comes to weight. But then, its the older gen. Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardshock View Post
Dyson V11 vs Mi Vacuum Robot - which one would a better option for parents?
Old 24th April 2021, 08:08   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhsakarp View Post
Hi, have been using the roomba E series and the braava m6 since a year, ordered spare filters, rotor brushes and mopping pads for the braava from AliExpress (before it got banned). Costed 1/5th of the official spares, works like a charm. DM me for details.
Thanks, I have found some OEM spares at pretty good prices on websites I haven't heard of before, but I'd rather buy them from a trusted retailer like Amazon/Flipkart or iRobot themselves.

Quote:
iRobot India is not the best when it comes to the availability of spares, I try to buy and stock up in advance. For you, I would suggest generic consumables for 600 series from Amazon.
As far as Braava goes, 390t is quite basic, and due to its disadvantages that I listed in my review, I don’t recommend it to anyone; frankly speaking, mopping yourself is easier and more satisfying than getting that thing. I would suggest you get the M6 but then you will be able to appreciate it fully only if you upgrade to a more recent model of the Roomba so that they can sync their runs and the whole process is automated.
The availability of mopping pads has not been a problem and both washable and disposable pads are available, I don't like the disposable pads though, they seem to be less efficient at picking up muck.
Thanks for the reply. Regarding consumables, generic spares on Amazon seem to be the only route left, and I had better stock up soon because the 600 series is getting outdated and spare parts might soon be a problem.

Regarding the Braava, I was actually considering the BraavaJet 240, not the 390t. Unlike the 390t, you can't use custom-made mop heads in the 240 (similar to your M6). I was concerned about the actual life of the washable mopping pads. Anyway, I think I'm not going ahead with a Braava. If the Scooba was still available, I'd buy it without a second thought. It may have been noisy, but it was an excellent machine.
Old 24th April 2021, 16:15   #285
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review. It is so helpful to read this, especially considering the fact that it is not easy to come across reviews for these products for which users are relatively few in number. Do these robots manage if there is a slight level difference between the floors of two adjacent rooms? My living room has a slightly elevated floor , about one cm higher than the adjacent area because of wooden flooring being added later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks