Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2023, 12:48   #376
BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'd go for it with eyes closed.
I will mostly be ordering today. By any chance, you went for the auto-empty as well? I am not planning to get it now, but maybe at a later stage
Old 19th January 2023, 13:46   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I will mostly be ordering today. By any chance, you went for the auto-empty as well? I am not planning to get it now, but maybe at a later stage
Nopes, don't have the auto empty. We have G+2 so it's academic for us.

I empty the dust bin and/or refill the water tank manually. Just need to monitor a bit and do the needful.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 15:21   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I did something innocently stupid recently and had to pay the price for it. The Mi Robot was looking very dusty and I used a wet Micro Fiber cloth and wiped it clean. Lo and Behold it stopped working with some Radar error. Nothing resolved the error and I took the Mi Robot to the Authorized Repair center. They had to replace the radar and it costed me ₹4,000 for the replacement + repair. Works fine now but lesson learnt the hard way.

Except for this self-induced issue - the Mi Robot has been working very well and has now crossed 2 years of Sweeping/Mopping duty.
As mentioned in this (Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?) post, the first time it happened I dismantled everything and cleaned.

The next time it happened, all we needed to do was blow off the dust on the LIDAR sensor and viola, works every time. Happened twice post this and the same fix worked.
sriharsha_m87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 17:18   #379
Senior - BHPian

Genuineness of the payment link to order a Robo Vacuum

I need advice from folks in Bangalore who had some experience with buying a Eureka Forbes product in the recent time.
We are considering buying a Robo Vacuum cleaner from Eureka Forbes and had requested for a demo.
Demo was satisfactory and the person shared a link for us to make the payment so that they can dispatch the product.
But this link (https://eurekakarnataka.nowpay.co.in/) couldn't be verified if it is genuine Eureka Forbes link. When I Googled, I found out that many others had raised suspicion and Eureka Forbes didn't bother to clarify (Even I posted on their Twitter handle and got some automated reply).
I also found a news item saying that there have been fake/parallel firms which sell (even service) Eureka Forbes products.
Does anyone know what is happening here?
The product he demoed (Robo Vac N Mop Nuo) is also available on Amazon.
I am bit confused on whether to simply order it from Amazon or go ahead and make a payment on this link.

Last edited by Guna : 21st March 2023 at 17:24.
Old 21st March 2023, 17:32   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Genuineness of the payment link to order a Robo Vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I need advice from folks in Bangalore who had some experience with buying a Eureka Forbes product in the recent time.
We are considering buying a Robo Vacuum cleaner from Eureka Forbes and had requested for a demo.
Demo was satisfactory and the person shared a link for us to make the payment so that they can dispatch the product.
But this link (https://eurekakarnataka.nowpay.co.in/) couldn't be verified if it is genuine Eureka Forbes link. When I Googled, I found out that many others had raised suspicion and Eureka Forbes didn't bother to clarify (Even I posted on their Twitter handle and got some automated reply).
I also found a news item saying that there have been fake/parallel firms which sell (even service) Eureka Forbes products.
Does anyone know what is happening here?
The product he demoed (Robo Vac N Mop Nuo) is also available on Amazon.
I am bit confused on whether to simply order it from Amazon or go ahead and make a payment on this link.
Sorry to have not answering your query and posting a question to you.
I see this doesn't have laser navigation guidance, which means that it doesn't work on a map. If my assumption is correct, does this cleaner covers the entire house in a systematic way without getting lost in the same room/ area?
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 19:00   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I see this doesn't have laser navigation guidance, which means that it doesn't work on a map. If my assumption is correct, does this cleaner covers the entire house in a systematic way without getting lost in the same room/ area?
This model doesn't work with maps (One with the map is about 14K more). It would need you to guide to different parts of the house using a remote/app which I think can be very irritating. I would rather lift it and put it in different rooms (or may be just guide towards the room doors. )
But your question makes me think whether I should upgrade my budget and go for the higher model!

Last edited by Guna : 21st March 2023 at 19:09.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 23:25   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This model doesn't work with maps (One with the map is about 14K more). It would need you to guide to different parts of the house using a remote/app which I think can be very irritating. I would rather lift it and put it in different rooms (or may be just guide towards the room doors. )
But your question makes me think whether I should upgrade my budget and go for the higher model!
I think Mi robot is priced around the same point and does the complete work without user’s intervention. No affiliations but I’ve found it to be the most price effective solution.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 17:04   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I think Mi robot is priced around the same point and does the complete work without user’s intervention.
I checked and Mi Robot Vacuum is indeed interesting. Suction power is less (2100 pa) compared to the Eureka Forbes model (2700 pa) but I don't know what difference it makes. There is 'Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum-Mop 2Pro' which comes with 3000 pa (and relatively bigger in dimension) but priced at Rs. 30000.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 17:10   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I checked and Mi Robot Vacuum is indeed interesting. Suction power is less (2100 pa) compared to the Eureka Forbes model (2700 pa) but I don't know what difference it makes. There is 'Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum-Mop 2Pro' which comes with 3000 pa (and relatively bigger in dimension) but priced at Rs. 30000.
Yes, 2Pro was launched some time back while the other one is there for around 3-4 years I guess, with myself as one average user. There is a complete thread about this particular robot, just in case you have missed it: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...-p-review.html (Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review)

Quote:
Suction power is less (2100 pa) compared to the Eureka Forbes model (2700 pa) but I don't know what difference it makes. There is 'Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum-Mop 2Pro' which comes with 3000 pa
There are 3 modes in the MI Home app. Obviously the rated 2100 pa would be the most powerful mode, but we always run it on the 'standard' mode which is equivalent to medium. Must be less than the rated 2100 pa but we don't have complains regarding its suction power. Mopping is strictly average though.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 16:49   #385
Senior - BHPian

Pre booking offer going on for mi robot van mop 2i on their site

https://www.mi.com/in/product/xiaomi...vacuum-mop-2i/

Available for 15,999 which is a seriously good deal.
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 19:30   #386
BHPian

Just wanted to check if these products work well in case of a fully carpeted office as well. I am trying to reduce the dependency of third party agencies who offer cleaning service because if they miss even 1 day, it creates issues for us.
Old 17th April 2023, 20:10   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

Thank you for this; been on the fence for this for a very long time! Wanted one with mop function and this just nailed it.

Pre-booked!
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 21:50   #388
Senior - BHPian

Sorry its 16,999. Or have they raised it by 1000 now?
Quote:
Pre booking offer going on. Available for 15,999 which is a seriously good deal.
Old 19th April 2023, 10:32   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sorry its 16,999. Or have they raised it by 1000 now?
Well, looks like they have raised the price. But if you have an ICICI card then there's a discount of Rs.1,250 or so for the product.

Even at 16,999 i believe the product is amazing VFM compared to the competition.

Just remember that when i prebooked the first model, it took quite a few months for delivery to finally happen.
Old 19th April 2023, 11:58   #390
BHPian

Quote:

This looks like a cheaper version of other MI vaccums. The other MI vaccum mop P mentions laser guided navigation where as this 'i' version mentions optical sensor aided navigation.

On the other hand, mop -2i is a new version, so it might have better technology compared to mop-P which is 2-3 years old model.

I don't have any idea on which is better or what will be the practical difference in performance for an end user.

I bought the MI mop-P (MRP Rs.21,999) on offer a couple of months back with a final price of 16,999 which I think was a good deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks