Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2021, 18:39   #286
BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeman View Post
Thanks for the detailed review. It is so helpful to read this, especially considering the fact that it is not easy to come across reviews for these products for which users are relatively few in number. Do these robots manage if there is a slight level difference between the floors of two adjacent rooms? My living room has a slightly elevated floor , about one cm higher than the adjacent area because of wooden flooring being added later.
Roombas can cross over any threshold upto 1.5 cm as per iRobot. https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/a...sition-over%3F

As far as Brava M6 goes, by default they can cross over any obstacle upto 3mm and anything more than that get detected as a rug. They have recently added a “Threshold” feature where in you can add a threshold like raised floors where Brava will disable rug detection and will cross over if the obstacle is less than 6mm.
https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/a...transitions%3F

I hope this answers your query.
docsinghal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 18:43   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeman View Post
Do these robots manage if there is a slight level difference between the floors of two adjacent rooms? My living room has a slightly elevated floor , about one cm higher than the adjacent area because of wooden flooring being added later.
My mi robot vac manages such height differences easily enough
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 21:39   #288
BHPian

I have been using Dyson V11 since last March and can really vouch for it. My dad is 68 and he can use it with ease, but if weight is an issue, you could opt for V10. To answer your Qc’s:

How have they been holding up in Indian conditions? Excellent. No micro dust and you wouldn’t mind walking bare feet.

Would it effectively stop the need for manual sweeping? Yes, much better than manual sweeping.

What is the actual battery life that you are getting out of it? I easily get 1.2 hours on eco setting for most of the house and mid setting for kitchen.

How frequently is manual intervention for cleaning the brush/roller required? We clean once every two weeks.

In case of the Dyson, how comfortable is it for a 48 year old medium build woman to use it in terms of weight?
Picking it up a slight heavy but manageable. But while using one doesn’t need to pick it up and while sweeping might feel strenuous on arm muscles, it takes a week to get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardshock View Post
Dyson V11 vs Mi Vacuum Robot - which one would a better option for parents?

I do realize that they are two completely different products. The V11 currently is on offer for 45k and the Mi for 25k. Ignoring the mopping functionality of the robot which is apparently not useful at all, which of these would be more suitable for giving to my parents?

The Dyson needless to say, is wonderful at doing its job. I fear that with the manual effort still being required with the Dyson, they might not be incentivized to prefer it over a broom.

Mi on the other hand is very good at its vacuuming and chore planning using the app but has its own niggles wrt "undetectable obstacles to its sensor" such as slippers, door mat, etc. From what I read, the bin and brush have to be cleaned bi weekly.

In case you have either the Mi Robot or the Dyson V10/V11, kindly answer the following:

How have they been holding up in Indian conditions?

Would it effectively stop the need for manual sweeping?

What is the actual battery life that you are getting out of it?

How frequently is manual intervention for cleaning the brush/roller required?

In case of the Dyson, how comfortable is it for a 48 year old medium build woman to use it in terms of weight?

Apart from these, any other feedback that you think might help would also be much appreciated.
Old 25th April 2021, 22:33   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post

I found this comparison video for Roborock S6 vs Deebot 950 vs Roomba i7
Thanks for sharing the video review. Very insightful.
The ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 950 seems to be a clear winner.

Do we have anyone here who owns the DEEBOT OZMO 950 and can vouch for it ?
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 18:18   #290
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
I purchansed MILAGROW IMAP 10.0 Pro robotic vaccum cleaner with mopping feature about 2 weeks back.
I am planning one so could you please share your experience in some detail on the following:-

1.Amount of time it takes on average for cleaning the whole house
2.Does the operation make a lot of noise?
3.Wet and Dry Mopping ability
4.Ability to tackle corners
5.Usage in Washrooms, Balconies and its performance
6.Battery backup so far
7.Response from support if any(How Quick and efficient)
8.How is the availability of spares in case you enquired

Thanks in advance

Looking For
Recommendations for a Robotic vacuum cleaner in the 30-35K range(Can extend a little bit) with vacuum and mop function for a 1400 Sq Ft flat

Requirements
- Sweep and Mop functions
- Automatic mapping
- Ability to target cleaning areas and mark areas as off-bounds
- Should be able to climb over regular obstructions without getting obstructed.
- Can be used in Kitchen and washroom
- Scheduled cleaning option
- Good after-sales support for spares and service (Main Criteria)

I have gone through the models available on Amazon - iLife, Eufy, Milagrow, etc in this range which is very confusing so asking for help
Thanks in advance

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd May 2021 at 08:05. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 27th April 2021, 20:16   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
I am planning one so could you please share your experience in some detail on the following:-

1.Amount of time it takes on average for cleaning the whole house
2.Does the operation make a lot of noise?
3.Wet and Dry Mopping ability
4.Ability to tackle corners
5.Usage in Washrooms, Balconies and its performance
6.Battery backup so far
7.Response from support if any(How Quick and efficient)
8.How is the availability of spares in case you enquired

Thanks in advance
1. There are multiple modes available. Only Mopping, only Vaccum, Hybrid (Mop+vaccum), Hybrind with scrubbing while mopping (It will scrub the place 2 times). Fastest is around 1hr to 1hr 10mins for a 1700 sqft apartment (single floor).

2. Vaccum suction has different intensity, obviously strongest suction does make noise, while if you use "Quiet" mode the noise will be less. I can measure the db when possible and let you know.

3. Yes it does have wet and dry mopping ability with Scrubbing mode as an option.

4. It has a rotating brush which pulls out dust from corners and then the vaccum sucks it. I must say the corner cleaning ability is pretty good.

5. I dont think this model can be used in bathroom, since it is not advisable to use it where the floor is already wet or contains stagnant water. It can be used in balcony, no issues/

6. It has a 5200mah battery, and while continuous cleaning if the battery charge falls below 20% it automatically goes to its base station, gets charged and continues from where it left off.

7. As soon as i bought this unit on Amazon, the sales guys called me and notified me to tell them once i receive the item. Once i received it, i notified them (on a saturday) and they set up a call to give a demo about the app and its usage. They are pretty easily reachable on Mobile and Landline. The office is in Gurgaon.

8. Accessories can be bought directly from their website, i have ordered additional mopping cloth. Frankly service should be better since its a local company and should be able to honor warranty and service. I compared with ROBOROCK S5 max, but roborock doesnt have a service center, they just have a service partner in Bangalore. So i decided to go with Milagrow.

Hope i have answered all your queries, please let me know if you have anymore.

Thanks,
kiran
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 20:28   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
It has a 5200mah battery, and while continuous cleaning if the battery charge falls below 20% it automatically goes to its base station, gets charged and continues from where it left of .
Can a single charge clean a 1500 sq flat in a single go.Any Idea ?Also how much time does it take on average for a single pass of cleaning.
Old 27th April 2021, 20:51   #293
BHPian

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Can a single charge clean a 1500 sq flat in a single go.Any Idea ?Also how much time does it take on average for a single pass of cleaning.
If you use Hybrid mode with Strong suction , it should easily finish 1500Sqft in 1 charge. No issues. For me 1700sq ft single pass is taking approx 1hr 15 mins. If you have lot of obstacles, it will take little more since it has to navigate around the obstacles.

Last edited by kiran_cr : 27th April 2021 at 20:59.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 00:09   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking For
Recommendations for a Robotic vacuum cleaner in the 30-35K range(Can extend a little bit) with vacuum and mop function for a 1400 Sq Ft flat

Requirements
- Sweep and Mop functions
- Automatic mapping
- Ability to target cleaning areas and mark areas as off-bounds
- Should be able to climb over regular obstructions without getting obstructed.
- Can be used in Kitchen and washroom
- Scheduled cleaning option
- Good after-sales support for spares and service (Main Criteria)

I have gone through the models available on Amazon - iLife, Eufy, Milagrow, etc in this range which is very confusing so asking for help
Thanks in advance
I'm using a Ecovacs Deebot OZMO 950 from November - it does all that you listed pretty well, is in the budget.

My house is of a similar size and it takes less than an hour to vaccum + mop simultaneously. I didn't require after sales support, and the consumables are available readily, and are well-priced too.

My only gripe? If my kids left something lying around on the floor that the Deebot cannot "digest" - like a crayon, it'll result in a lot of dust n debris getting accumulated in the "passage" between the suction opening and the dust box - it just doesn't handle such objects well - hair clips, pencils, etc. need to be taken off manually before you let it on. But I'm guessing this will be the same issue for all these bots.

And you'll have to clean the mopping cloth daily, empty and clean the dust box at least once or twice a week. I'll definitely recommend this bot based on my experience - only ? will be support, which I haven't required so far, and so it's an unknown!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 01:22   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I'm using a Ecovacs Deebot OZMO 950 from November - it does all that you listed pretty well, is in the budget.
Appreciate your response brother.
How is the performance while cleaning the corners and edges?
I have seen quite a few videos where those areas are either not covered by the robot or are partially cleaned.
Does the above model also suffer from this issue?
Old 28th April 2021, 11:30   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate your response brother.
How is the performance while cleaning the corners and edges?
I have seen quite a few videos where those areas are either not covered by the robot or are partially cleaned.
Does the above model also suffer from this issue?
Yup, it cannot reach right-angled corners and there will always be a bit left out. That's because the brushes move is a circular motion and won't reach that absolute corner. Edges usually are not an issue, it cleans most of it - only times I've seen it miss a small part it is if it's a U turn edge.

I usually switch the traditional way - grab the broom and dust the corners, behind doors, under low-lying furniture, look up for cob webs once a week or two, and that does it.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 28th April 2021 at 11:31.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 20:59   #297
BHPian

Thanks all for the valuable suggestions and feedback.
After searching a bit online I finally placed an order for the Milagrow iMap 10 Galaxy.
I was contemplating between the Ecovacs 950 and Milagrow iMAP 10 Galaxy .
The deciding factor was that Ecovacs only has a service center in Delhi whereas Milagrow has a service center in Bangalore which was a priority for me.
Will keep everyone posted with the initial reviews after I use it.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 19:30   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay, time to scare some cleaning maids :-).

Need recommendations for a robotic vacuum cleaner-cum-mop for an elderly neighbour's large G+1 4,000 square feet villa. Usage will be daily and one floor can be cleaned in the morning with the other in the afternoon. She is looking for an effective mopping function, so the machine should do both vacuuming and mopping equally well. Should be a robust heavy duty one as well.

Budget around 50K and I have told her about brands like Milagrow, iLife, Eufy, Ecovac etc. She likes the idea of a BLR/India based brand and service network. My options:

1. Ecovac Deebot T8 (43K) or 950 (33K)
2. Milagrow iMAP 10 Galaxy (40K)
3. Roborock S5 Max (55K)
4. iLife V Series
5. Eufy range

Any thoughts?

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st May 2021 at 19:50.
Old 1st May 2021, 22:41   #299
snr
BHPian

I've seen some videos online and it seems to be fairly good. But need to try it out at home. We have 4 rooms that need cleaning and thanks to Covid we're not able to let our maid in. Planning to pick up Milagrow post lockdown.
Old 2nd May 2021, 04:43   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme;
She likes the idea of a BLR/India based brand and service
Milagrow is based out of Gurgaon/Delhi with a service center in Bangalore based upon the call I had with Mr. Sunil.
I have placed the order for iMAP 10 Galaxy and it's yet to arrive.1 day after placing the order I have received a few emails from Milagrow offering assistance with the equipment as soon as it arrives.
For an Indian company that's new for me(Emails and prompt responses etc.)Can't comment on the product yet but the initial experience is good so far

For Ecovacs the only Svc center they have is in Delhi which is the only downside according to me.
@ph03n!x has been kind enough to share his experience with Ecovacs 950 which he bought on Nov,20. Just a couple of posts above you can see his detailed post.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd May 2021 at 08:04. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks