Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2020, 19:18   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, need your recco for a combo vacuum plus mopper. Budget is 30K max but which one?

Was hoping for the Mi but it's impossible now with only 2,565 crowdfunders out of the required 10,000 and 3 days to go :-)

ILIFe is launching a new one - A9S. Specs look good.
https://www.ilifecare.in/collections...ucts/ilife-a9s

I am also confused if we require a combo machine in the first place. Some web reviews insist that with the much more efficient and powerful vacuuming done by these machines, you don't really need to wet mop at all. Does anyone have any comments on this?
I got this one today, the first impression looks very positive. Will comment more on this as i use it a bit more over the course of next couple of days.
Old 10th July 2020, 09:30   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

For those still willing to buy a outright Chinese import.

Review of the Mi vac+mop:
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/smart-home/...from=home-tech

Verdict:
At a time when I've been driven to keep my home clean myself, the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P has been incredibly useful. The device isn't quite capable enough to replace using your hands entirely, but it definitely can reduce how often you have to sweep, vacuum and mop your house. Rather than doing these chores every day, the Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P made it possible to only have to do them by hand once a week or so, giving my family and I a much-needed break from cleaning.

The device is good for basic cleaning, and useful for urgent clean-ups that tend to be necessary through a typical day at home. That said, it does require some attention from you, including keeping the fittings clean and the water topped up.

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th July 2020 at 09:38.
Old 10th July 2020, 10:15   #153
Senior - BHPian

@itwasntme : The only thing Xiaomi about this device is the logo. It is a customized version of the Roborock s5. Look up reviews of that device to know more about it.
Old 10th July 2020, 10:39   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
@itwasntme : The only thing Xiaomi about this device is the logo. It is a customized version of the Roborock s5. Look up reviews of that device to know more about it.
Yup, a cousin has both a Eufy 11 & an identical Roborock S5 in Santa Clara.

He is happy with both, but there is a world of difference between a condo in CA and a G+2 villa in BLR. . Was keen to buy a robovac, but would prefer a non-Chinese one. Don't know if that is at all possible or not.

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th July 2020 at 10:42.
Old 10th July 2020, 11:04   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Yup, a cousin has both a Eufy 11 & an identical Roborock S5 in Santa Clara.

He is happy with both, but there is a world of difference between a condo in CA and a G+2 villa in BLR. . Was keen to buy a robovac, but would prefer a non-Chinese one. Don't know if that is at all possible or not.
Same here - struggling to keep my G+2 villa clean due to lack of maids. It is back breaking work .

I have the xiaomi on order in the first batch. I doubt it will be delivered on promised schedules however.

I think all robovacs are made in china - there's no alternative.
Old 10th July 2020, 14:00   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
So our entry level iLife V5s Pro completes 3 months of daily use. I can recommend it now.
Hi, Any areas where you found the V5s Pro lacking which warranted the purchase of the beast that is Dyson. I am asking this because i am torn between the two devices and can only buy one. Previously i was looking at Roomba also but with it any price advantage also went out of the window. Thus either it will be iLife (as and when it will be available) or Dyson V11 (No stock of v10 expected in near future too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
So the V10 Absolute was delivered.
Old 10th July 2020, 22:05   #157
Senior - BHPian

Hi, The corners. The robot cant do the edges well. Me and my wife are both fastidious about how clean the floors are (they're white), so got both. Dyson scores over the two because you control which area gets cleaned, to the inch. So get that when their stocks are replenished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Any areas where you found the V5s Pro lacking which warranted the purchase of the beast that is Dyson
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 11:24   #158
BHPian

Not a cleaning robot but telepresence bots.

They can be logged on from any device and can be controlled over wifi or cellular network. Purchased them for our company use though now offices are closed planning to offer them to Covid care centres where Doc's can remotely be present and talk to patients or staff , while keeping safe. Standing 4 feet tall we had a lot many visitors to our offices taking selfies with these.

They are not cheap by any standard and each costs about $6000 plus yearly subscription costs at $150/ Month per bot.
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-img6468.jpg  

aditbelw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 00:15   #159
BHPian

Hi,

I have recently purchased a robotic cleaner from a Chinese company named 360 - actually it is Qihoo 360 as per online reviews. The model name is S7 and is currently retailing for about 39k on Amazon. This is the first time I have bought such a product as previously we have always relied on maids rather than any kind of vacuum cleaner. We have used it for just 2 days now and initial reviews are quite positive on the vacuuming part. I am yet to try out the mopping feature although I know that it is not going to be as good as vacuuming.
Old 4th August 2020, 11:06   #160
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Searching for a vacuum cleaner. The Dyson v8 absolute+ is tempting but is over my budget.

Any other recommendation which is easy to the pocket? Its tiled floor but also need support for cleaning sofas and mattresses
Old 4th August 2020, 14:57   #161
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Searching for a vacuum cleaner. The Dyson v8 absolute+ is tempting but is over my budget.

Any other recommendation which is easy to the pocket? Its tiled floor but also need support for cleaning sofas and mattresses
Someone mentioned about the Roidmi https://www.roidmi.com/en/.
Its got quite favorable international review too.
Old 4th August 2020, 15:27   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

So after using the iLife A9s for almost a month below are my observations.

The Good Stuff

1. Build quality is very good.
2. It does a more then decent enough job of cleaning, and i would say almost cleans up the 90% of the house. Testimony being that we are just manually brroming once a week.
3. Amount of dirt it picks up is mind blowing, sometimes i wonder where does so much dust come from everyday.
4. The app works fine, and gives you options like scheduling the robot, battery left, type of cleaning to be done. You can also see how much time it took for last cleaning and how much area was covered.
5. Runs under side tables and any place it can sneak in, and usually finds it way out.
6. Works decently well below the dining table too, and if it is too dirty you can switch to max mode, where the vaccum power is increased but at cost of battery.
7. The box comes with an extra pair of accessories, so you are good for another round after the current set wears o ff.
8. Takes around 45 minutes to clean my entire 3 bHK house which has a built up area of around 1300 sft.
9. Set up a schedule to start at 7 am, it will clean and return back to base by 7:45, and it would be ready to start it's mopping duties by 8:30 am.

Not So good Stuff.

1. Mopping is just about adequate, though this is compensated by the very good dry vaccum capabilities, so you don't feel the dirt on your feet while walking bare foot at home. The fact that it does a dry clean also along with vaccuming helps in picking up any left over dirt/particles.
2. The default setting of water dispenser is at normal, recommend to move it to strong. Also a good idea to wet the mop cloth with water and disinfectant, so when it starts mopping it is already wet.
3. The hair get stuck in the brush and needs a constant cleanup every second/third day. which i think will be same in any robot, the MI robot won't come with a brush.
4. No integration with Alexa, this might be nitpicking, but i think this should be doable and the app should be updated to do the same.
5. The suction power can be a little better, as it does an average jobs with the carpet, though swiching to max mode makes it a bit better.

The bad

1. The app though helps, does not let you choose which areas to go and what to avoid. It has a different device which creates a virtual wall, MI will let you choose place on the app itself.
2. If you pause the robot somewhere, it makes it new home and returns back to that place after cleaning rather then going bak to Home. You have to manually take the robot near to the charging point. This should ideally be fixable witha firmware update.

Overall i am pretty happy with the purchase, we just had to manually broom the house around 5 times in last one month, and i got one more for my parents. They are pretty happy too. This has been a boon durng lockdown, and would help me avoid getting any maid at home for next few months too, maybe longer.

Now begins the search for a dishwasher.

Last edited by AtheK : 4th August 2020 at 15:56.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 01:02   #163
BHPian

Any reviews for Robotic Vacuums from the company called Milagrow?

They recently launched a product which looks promising but their website doesn't give me enough confidence to plonk my money on them. I am new to this and just wanted to try some new tech

Milagrow Seagull @ 20K: https://milagrowhumantech.com/floor-...753682739.html
Old 13th August 2020, 01:54   #164
Senior - BHPian

Something wierd is happening with my Mi Robot Vac order. I had placed it earlier during the preorder stage and opted for 0% interest 6 months EMI option via Yes Bank CC. I recently got an email from Yes Bank that the vendor is applying a 13% interest rate on the transaction. Any idea what to do ? Ideally I don't want to cancel as reordering isn't possible right now.
Old 13th August 2020, 02:32   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Something wierd is happening with my Mi Robot Vac order. I had placed it earlier during the preorder stage and opted for 0% interest 6 months EMI option via Yes Bank CC. I recently got an email from Yes Bank that the vendor is applying a 13% interest rate on the transaction. Any idea what to do ? Ideally I don't want to cancel as reordering isn't possible right now.
Isn't that 13% given to you as upfront discount while buying the product. If it is 0% interest you should ideally only be paying GST on interest.

Most Viewed