Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2020, 15:09   #196
BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

I had been following this thread and had booked the Xiaomi model. It got postponed to December. So, promptly cancelled it and got the refund in few days.

We went ahead and bought the iRobot Braava Jet M6 from Reliance Digital. It got delivered in 3 days.

We have been using this for around 2 weeks. Overall, we are pretty happy.

The dry mop is pretty effective. It takes 2 hours to do 1500 sqft flat granite flooring. Depending on dust levels, we pause it and clean the dry mop attached after an hour. Currently we are using this twice a week.

The wet mop is very effective and does a great job. t takes 3 hours or a bit more. We are using this once a week.

Overall the house is now much cleaner than before when we got time to clean only on the weekend.

The cost of the dry and wet mop is around INR 1800. I am planning to go to the iRobot shop in Phoenix, Bangalore and get a backup pair. They charge Rs 400 for shipping ! Any idea on how long a standard pair lasts with normal usage?

Parallely, I was searching on Amazon for cheaper alternatives for such consumables. Not able to find anything impressive so far.

Regarding the mopping fluid, the sample provided was good and lasts only 2 cycles. It's also quite expensive. The user manual recommends not to use Lysol etc. Any recommendations? We thought of a jugaad - spray lysol on the floor directly before the wet mop.
Old 14th September 2020, 20:14   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
It is quite simple, if you/ other family members have enough time at hand to clean the house everyday, nothing beats manual cleaners but if you are short on time and for convenience, robotic cleaner works wonders. Once you are using Robotic cleaner, you may need to vacuum once every 30-45 days manually only. Drawback - it doesn't clean corners that effectively and may not be suitable for households which have lots of furniture. We have both manual as well as robotic but since the day robotic is in use, we have hardly felt the need to vacuum manually. Once in a few days, use a broom to dig out dirt/ web from corners and let robotic cleaner do it's job. If I had to pick between the two, robotic gets my money any day.

Thanks for the feedback, but the current offering of robotic vaccum cleaners is another issue. Really credible brands like iRobot have separate devices for wet and dry, meaning you need to shell out nearly 1 lakh to get both! And all others seem fairly new, Im not inclined to go with unknown brands and end up running from pillar to post to address an issue. My friend recently bought a robotic cleaner from Karcher, supposedly one of the leaders in cleaning equipments and he experienced major issues within one month and had to return it. He was lucky to get a refund though. So, point being, would I be better off getting a decent all rounder like Dyson, and then looking at robotic vaccum cleaners when there are more known brands around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I was in a same kind of dilemma. Dyson was of stock. One day came across the Eureka Forbes Mop 'n Vac. It's corded stick type wet and dry vacuum cleaner cum mop priced around 22K. Asked for a demo. Was quite impressive with the cleaning. So ordered one and it using it for almost 2 months. So far pretty happy. We use it for cleaning ceramic tiled floors. The main drawbacks are its corded, so a bit messy and it's for cleaning floor. No other attachments are available. But it does its job well. We got a discount of Rs 1500 for exchanging our 20 year old vacuum cleaner.
Product link:
https://www.eurekaforbes.com/vacuum-...lean-mop-n-vac

I saw this in few ads and some people in my apartment society have got this as well, but since I have areas like balconies where there are no plug points, im guessing it would be a hassle.
Old 14th September 2020, 21:19   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I saw this in few ads and some people in my apartment society have got this as well, but since I have areas like balconies where there are no plug points, im guessing it would be a hassle.
I bought Eureka MopVac around June or so, and have been using it regularly. Extermely satisfied. The cord is approx 15 to 20 ft, so reaches my balcony. I do have to plug it at multiple points to cover 2000+ sq ft, so not very convenient. But costs half of what a Dyson costs and does wet mopping too, so it was a no-brainer for me.
Old 14th September 2020, 22:39   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post

Regarding the mopping fluid, the sample provided was good and lasts only 2 cycles. It's also quite expensive. The user manual recommends not to use Lysol etc. Any recommendations? We thought of a jugaad - spray lysol on the floor directly before the wet mop.
That is exactly what we do, and works perfectly, so go ahead with this approach.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 20:54   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

The abrupt lockdown has taught us to be prepared, over anything else.. because we saw a time when domestic help and other workers couldn't come (not their fault, of course).. so this time, prepared, we are.

Bought the Roomba 976 with the vSLAM navigation (more organized movements compared to the zigzagging of affordable models) which uses both optical and acoustic sensors to detect and suck up dust, the run time is 75 minutes which is more than enough for us and after 3 trial runs I can say the product is wonderful.. quite noiseless, finds its way out of most situations and as promised, cleans throughly, 95% of all dust in 95% areas (corners are tricky). However what I learnt is that this vacuum doesn't lift up dust and spread it across all areas like the maid playing cricket with the broom, it barely agitates the dust into its own suction chamber.

The floor is shiny now and its a piece of cake to use, even without wifi (we don't keep wifi at home), just press the clean button and its off and it docks itself beautifully when it returns while surveying all the paths it had crossed before for more dust.

Its expensive, but well worth the price for an American product and iRobot are, the founders of mainstream robot vacuums after all. All I can hope and pray for is a few years of ceaseless, reliable service and I'll be fully satisfied.

10/10, great conversation piece and superbly entertaining as well. Search is on for a dishwasher now.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 09:55   #201
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has any info on whether Xiaomi will keep their word this time and start shipping the Mi Vacuum Mop from 01-Dec? Their extended date is just a few days away and curious to see if they manage to start shipping.
Old 28th November 2020, 10:18   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Anyone has any info on whether Xiaomi will keep their word this time and start shipping the Mi Vacuum Mop from 01-Dec? Their extended date is just a few days away and curious to see if they manage to start shipping.
Being in the same boat, i sent them a mail yesterday. They say it will start shipping from Dec 1st onward. Remains to be seen if they will though.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 10:41   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Being in the same boat, i sent them a mail yesterday. They say it will start shipping from Dec 1st onward. Remains to be seen if they will though.
Received this update in my mailbox:
Based on the messaging, these are not Made in India but imported.

Name:  Mi_Mop.png
Views: 872
Size:  395.4 KB
vsrivatsa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 12:38   #204
Senior - BHPian

Ah thanks for that info. The soap dispenser is a good device to get for free
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:21   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Received this update in my mailbox...
I never received an email or message from Mi when they decided to ship Mop-P in December instead of September. However, today, a Mi customer support executive calls and informs me that they have begun shipping, and I'll get a coupon for the soap dispenser after my product is shipped. The person who called up didn't speak a word of English but conveyed everything very well in Hindi.
Old 8th December 2020, 13:11   #206
Senior - BHPian

They shipped the Mi-Mop today:
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-mimop.png

Has anyone received it already?
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 15:40   #207
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. Hats off for your patience. I'd called it off. Look fwd to your review
Quote:
They shipped the Mi-Mop today
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 16:29   #208
Senior - BHPian

My order was also shipped today. Delhivery. Expecting it in the next few days Hope the patient patient wait was worth it
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 09:10   #209
BHPian

Received my Mi Robot yesterday, finally!
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-99b1653c34b24c9dbb9827397c749e46.jpeg
dksv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 09:54   #210
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, how's it performing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Received my Mi Robot yesterday, finally!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks